The Dream

The Sworn Enemy & I

Ji Eun's POV

              *What is this familiar breeze?* I opened my eyes to see that I was surrounded by a beautiful meadow. *This place...* I thought as I looked around. Just then a voice called out, "Jieun ah. Let's go." I turned to see my mum with a small smile. I suddenly felt a wave of sadness hit me. I then started walking towards my mum slowly with a heavy heart. "Wait!" a voice called out. *That voice..!* I turned around to see a boy running towards me.

              "Here. I wanted to give you this..." he said as he held his hand out and opened his palm, revealing a pretty keychain with a butterfly hanging from it. "Something to make you remember me." he said with a sweet smile. Tears immediately filled my eyes and I pulled him for a hug. "Thank you..." I said softly as I buried my face into chest. "I'm going to miss you." I added. "Me too but we will see each other again. I promise." he said as he tightened the hug. "But how will I know if I found you?" I asked as I pulled away to look at him. "When we do find each other, this is what I'm going to do..."

              "Jieun ah..." I stirred as I heard a voice calling out to me. I opened my eyes slowly and as my vision started to focus, I found myself in the hospital room. "W-what happened?" I asked with a hoarse voice. "You got hit in the head and lost consciousness." said Eunwoo who gave me a cup of water as I slowly sat up. "Thanks..." I muttered as I took the cup and drank the water. My throat immediately felt 10 times better. *Another dream again...* I thought as I recalled the dream. "I'm sorry..." said Eunwoo all of a sudden. "What? What are you apologising for?" I asked as my brows furrowed in confusion. "It's because of me you got hurt. I'm sorry..." he said as his head hung low.

              "Hey hey. It's not your fault, ok? It's just because of mere jealousy." I said. Eunwoo looked at me with sad eyes. "Come here." I said as I opened my arms and shifted closer to him. Eunwoo leaned in and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm fine now. So don't worry and don't blame yourself." I said in comfort as I patted his back. Eunwoo responded by nodding his head. 

              Just then, knocks could be heard. The door opened and revealed mum and my older brother with looks of worry. "Jieun ah, gwenchana?" asked mum as she went over to me. "Gwenchana eomma." I replied with a small smile. "Who did this to you?" asked Jiho with furrowed brows. "Well..." my voice drifted as I hesitated to tell him. I glanced over at Eunwoo before answering, "That doesn't matter. I'm fine." I said. "Doesn't matter? You got hurt like this and you're telling me it doesn't matter?" said Jiho as his voice raised. *Here we go...* I thought as I let out a breath in exasperation. "Oppa, please. Let's not make it worse." I said with a frown.

              He was about to say something when Eunwoo interjected him. "The person responsible for this has already been taken care off." he said. *What?* I looked at him and raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I asked. Eunwoo looked at me and sighed before explaining. "The girl got reported to the principal and she got suspended." he said. "Well, that's good. She deserved it." said Jiho. "Now now. Enough talking. We should let Jieun rest." said mum. 

              "We'll go get food for us. Do you want anything, sweetheart?" asked mum. "No, i'm fine." I said. Mum nodded and got up with Jiho following behind. "You should rest." said Eunwoo. I nodded as I laid back down. Just then I remembered something. "Eunwoo ah. Who found me unconscious?" I asked. "Well, I did." he said. "Oh..." I said. *But I swear I heard two different voices...* I thought but decided to brush it away and get some rest.

 

Eunwoo's POV

              As Jieun laid back down, she looked at me and asked, "Eunwoo ah. Who found me unconscious?" which made my body stiff. I recalled something before answering her, "Well, I did." "Oh..." replied Jieun. She looked as though in doubt but she then sighed and closed her eyes to rest. I know, I know. You guys must be like, "Why did you lie?". Well, simply because that Wooshin told me not to tell her he was there. I don't know why but yeah. That was what he told me to do so I did.

              I looked at Jieun who's fallen asleep again. My face soften as I gazed as her sleeping face. "Rest well, princess." I whispered as I her hair gently.

 

Wooshin's POV

              I was in my room doing my assignments that was due tomorrow. "Urgh!" I groaned as I scribbled the paper in frustration. "Why are you always in my head..?" I muttered as I rested my head on the table. Since the past hour, I've been trying to complete my assignments but my thoughts always went to Jieun no matter how hard I tried to focus. 

              On that day, I got in the ambulance together with Eunwoo. As it was heading for the hospital, Eunwoo held Jieun's hands tightly and didn't let go. Then, I felt that weird tug in my heart yet again as I looked away. I ignored the feeling and looked back at Eunwoo. I sighed before saying, "Don't tell her I was there." My words made him look up at me. "What?" he asked with a frown. "I don't want Jieun to know I was involved." I said. Eunwoo stared at me for awhile before nodding and said, "Alright." 

              "Why am I so worried about you..." I muttered softly and sighed. *I can't possibly be...* I thought as my eyes widened and I shook my head. *No no. I promised her...* I thought as I recalled the promise I made with that girl. With one last sigh, I decided to abandon the assignments and head to bed. 

              *Hmm?* I thought as I opened my eyes. I was greeted by the same meadow again. "Oppa!" said a voice. I turned and smiled as I saw the same girl running towards me. "Sorry I'm late!" she said. "It's ok. I'll always wait for you no matter what..."

               "Yeogi yeogi buteora~" rang my alarm. "Urgh..." I groaned as I reached out to turn it off. I then got up and yawned. *A dream again huh...* I thought. I turned to open the side table's drawer and took out the picture that was inside. It was a picture of me and the girl taken at the meadow. I smiled as I ran my finger at the girl in the picture.

 

 

 

 

              *I'll always wait for you no matter what.*

 


Updated!

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update again. Been busy these days. >_<

 

So this is how the keychain looks like...

 

Anyways, I hope this update wasn't too short to your liking though. I promise I'll write more for the coming chapters. Hehehe! :D

N do leave comments down below so i'll know if you guys are enjoying the story or not. ;D 

 

Look forward to my next update!