Chapter 1

Just a Friend

* * * * *

Tyler Aiden Wilson, 19, a student in Juilliard Academy, New York. Tyler is a sophomore music education major from LA. Her family had just moved from LA back to New York. Tyler was born here but she followed her family moved to LA when she’s three and grew up there. And because of her parents' career now, they had to go back here in New York. On her first day at Juilliard, she felt quite nervous about this. She's not the type who get along easily and not to mention, she look kinda “different”. By "different" it means she don't really look like the typical girls by her age. Tyler is a boyish and athletic type of girl, she’s most comfortable in t-shirt, jeans, hoodie and a snapback. Not in a blouse, skirt or heels. And make up? That’s really not her. She gets all kinds of looks and stares when she’s out. Not sure if it is in a good or bad way though. And the most important thing, Tyler always melt the girl’s heart with her charming character. A lot of “fangirling” will happen when Tyler is around. But Tyler are not the one who will fall for someone so easily. But the day she fell for her bestfriend, everything changed.

* * * * *

TYLER

Today is Sunday, but still I have a lot of things to do. As a sports club committee at the academy, I need to participate in organizing the annual sports event. I can’t sleep well last night and I woke up so early in the morning. I am way too busy checking all the necessities before the event to make sure everything's going smoothly as planned. And because of that, I didn’t have the time to eat my breakfast. I can hear my heart beat echoing throughout my whole body and I have this urge of excitement to start something I've been working on with all my heart. I put so many effort on this and I don't want to mess it up with such a small issue.

"It's already 5 o'clock. Finish all the task I gave to you guys earlier and we will have a meeting at 8:00p.m. Please don't be late. I will briefly explain about the event that will be held next week.” Said Danny.

Danny is the leader of the sports club since I entered here. Well, he’s quite strict and annoyying, but he's a good leader. He’s also a friend. He always take a good care of the committe and always been there for anyone when any of us need him. He teached me a lot about life in the academy, how to handle the club, how to do my job and other kind of stuff.

Giving him my best smile, I replied, “Alright, Danny. I'll make sure I will come on time, 8:00p.m. sharp.”

 

Danny nodded. At that moment, I just finished checking all the needs for the event. I decided to go back to my room, planning to get some sleep before the meeting. It's a long walk from the academic building to go back to my room. I walked up a steep pathway that lead to the apartment. I could feel the blazing sun on my skin but I still keep walking. Since I didn't eat my breakfast this morning, I got an extreme stomach pain. I knew it’s my gastric. Actually I’m used to it, but this time the pain is killing me. I feel weak, everything starts to blur and I rushed back to my room immediately.

I feel so tired and I couldn't get up. It’s so blurry. I lay down on my bed like a helpless baby who could not walk. I shut my eyes close and tend to stay on the bed until I regained my strength back to try to get up on my feet. Suddenly, I hear a voice coming from the outside of the room.

“Hey, Tyler. Are you there?"

I bet the voice is Jessie's. My best buddy. She always came to my room when she's bored and we used to spend our time together watching movies or talk about this and stuff. I've known her since we were in high school.

“Please help me.” I mumbled as I grunt in pain. And I’m pretty sure she didn’t hear me.

I knocked the bottle on the table down to the floor so Jessie know I'm in the room.

“Hey, are you okay?” Jessie asked as soon as she enters the room.

She sit on the bed beside me and I can't resemble what happened next, but I knew I was saved. I didn’t get to answer her question and I fell unconscious at that point, not knowing what will happen to me.

* * * * *