You Know You Got Me

Colours And Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day was nothing special to Jonghyun. As an undiagnosed insomniac, he usually spent the night awake, unseeing eyes peering gently into the harsh black of his surroundings; mostly he would write songs and sometimes, if he got the opportunity, he would be performing the whole night and so he wouldn't have the chance to sleep, let alone be kept awake by some strange, supernatural force that was content with his stained red, milky brown eyes.

And so, when Jonghyun woke, apart from being surprised that he'd actually slept, didn't notice anything unusual within his routine.

You'd think a blind person would stick to a dark coloured wardrobe, being obviously unable to distinguish colour, except Jonghyun's friends were complete , and, unknown to Jonghyun, bought him some bright orange pants with an equally as horrifying, neon yellow t-shirt that of course, Jonghyun decided to wear together.

Walking outside, Jonghyun was immediately met with stares that, even if he couldn't see, he could feel. He could hear people muttering about their eyes hurting, but still kept on his way.

--

Kibum liked to think himself a good samaritan. Sure, he might be insulting, he might be this diva as his friends so liked to call him, but he was never rude to the elderly and he never purposely set out to hurt anyone.

He just liked being truthful, and bluntness was the definition of Kibum, so when he saw that abomination walking down the street, he knew immediately that he needed to flex his kind spirit and not get angry with this man, who was so obviously in need of a makeover it was laughable.

"Uh- excuse me?" His voice sounded confident even if inside he was sort of shaking. Up close, the man was a God. A strong, defined jawline, large but not disgustingly-so muscles, and-

"Okay, so quick question, mister gorgeous, you blind or something? Jesus have you seen the colours you're wearing today? They just won't do, no sir, they clash horribly with your skin tone, and honestly, who thought wearing orange and neon yellow together was a good idea?"

"Uh- my name is Jonghyun and did you say orange and yellow? Is- is that what I'm wearing? Oh, forgot to say, yes I'm blind, um...."

"Kibum, and oh my god I just insulted a blind man for not being able to see what he's wearing. For God's sake Kibum, you're sure an idiot!"

"Look, Key, can I call you Key? Sounds like it suits you. Anyway, Key, I'd rather you tell me now than I walk straight onto a stage in orange and yellow. So, you know, thank you"

"Ooh a working man, nice. A stage? So you sing? Do you sing well? Call me Key, but only if I can make a nickname for you too"

--

Hitting it off almost immediately, the two became fast frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter