Prologue

Gone Wrong

January 14, 2016

 

Bidding farewell to them, I walked down the dark alley that leads home. It was a great day today, being the last day of the semester and realizing I had made my way to the top 10 positions in school based on our recent exam results. Our group that consists of 7 boys and 5 girls, including me, is known in school for the pranks we play on students and teachers. We are no strangers to dares and pranks and even found amusement and relaxation in most of them.

I had always loved pranking others and accepting dares, not a dare have I turned down yet. But maybe I should have rejected Bora's dare from earlier on, maybe if I did, I wouldn't be cornered by 7 boys right now.

Raising an eyebrows at them, I removed my earpieces. Signals flared in my head as I noticed the murderous glint in their eyes and the way they're striding towards me like a predator towards a prey.

But I stood my ground, refusing to show any signs of weakness, "How may I help you?"

Realizing how I sounded awfully familiar to those annoying customer service officers, I chuckled mentally before realizing I am in a dire situation right now.

The one with the mint green hair stepped forward, his stare so intense I almost cried, almost, "Little girl, you lied." As he stepped into the street light, I can finally see his face, 1 of the 7 boys from earlier on.

"I lied? What had I ever done?" I pretended, an innocent smile making its way onto my face.

"What have you done? I don't know, maybe, lying to us, tricking us, making a fool out of us. And ruining the entire thing?"

Hearing the seriousness in his voice, I scowled immediately, aren't they taking this abit too far? It was just a harmless prank after all. I was about to retaliate and ask them to calm their down before another voice spoke up, "Because of you, we lost a drug deal. How are you gonna make up for that?"

Hearing that, my face paled immediately, drug deal? Oh lord, they can't be serious can they?

"Alright, I meant absolutely no harm. I didn't know that it would be this serious, how much is the deal? I'll pay it back, I swear."

The pinked hair stared at me, pulling his cigarette out of his mouth, breathing out the smoke before chuckling at me, "5ok. USD."

My face paled and I did the only thing I could do at that time. I laughed. And I ran. Damn Bora.

 


This is so bad im sorry pkfjlaisda.