maybe you're lovable

Needed

"are you all done for tonight?" the orange haired girl spoke as she took her headphones off her head and rested them around her neck "yes... luckily... i'm so tired..." the sleepy eyed girl dressed in a comfy t-shirt and ripped jeans spoke slowly and picked her bag up off the floor, walking towards the door. as she reached for the handle she felt a hand tugging slightly at her shirt "wait-- wait, wheein-ah, hold on..." 

 

she stopped in her tracks and turned around, looking the older girl in the eyes "huh? listen, i told you, i'm tired..." her expression changed as she stepped back, patting a spot on the floor "you should rest, but... stay since you might be needed, alright?" the sly hamster slid to the floor and rested her head against the wall "i'll be done soon anyways." she spoke firmly and just loud enough for the other to hear her voice.

 

"pretty sure nobody's gonna need me, byulyi." the short haired girl walked slowly to her side and sat down beside her "but alright, i guess..." she looked over at the girl, looking closely at the way she focused on anything and everything she does, the way her hair brushed against her face as she looked down, placing her phone by her side. wheein felt love, she always had. "i said you could rest, it's pretty late. i'll finish up working then we can leave." the younger girl gently laid her head against the other's shoulder "i dunno about sleep... my thoughts are clouded, i'm kinda worried about hyejin..."

 

she felt herself blushing slightly, pulling attention away from whatever writing she was doing "you shouldn't worry too much, you know she wouldn't want that..." she trailed off and scribbled on the notebook, sitting in silence for a while until she heard a low, calm voice coming from her side as the younger slowly fluttered her eyelids 

 

"byul-ah... could... could i ask you a favor?" 

 

she shifted her shoulder and sat up a bit, clearing as she felt her face growing warmer "u-um, yes, yeah, yeah... what is it?" 

 

the small girl gently placed her hand on the soft girl's leg and slighty moved her head to cuddle closer to her

 

"can you sing for me?"

 

the room stayed almost silent for a bit, she could feel her heart beating faster and faster, she had dropped her notebook and placed her hand on top of what she sees as warm and gentle, wheein's hand

 

"a-are you sure? i can put music on for you, or i can put the tv on or something, or--" she stopped through her mumbling only to hear what she felt was an angel. 

 

 

"please?" she spoke gently, almost as soft as a whisper, gentle enough to touch byul's heart and make it flutter. 

 

"i want to hear your voice..." she laced her fingers with the other girls, but her hands were cold and her fingers were long, unlike wheein's warm, soft hands 

 

but wheein felt that it was right to hold her hand, it made her feel better when things got hard even if byulie was the cause of the troubles, stress wasn't welcomed. 

 

she squeezed wheein's hand a little, letting her know those feelings were returned. byulie felt the same about it. she was like home, she was something to come home to and light when you're lost in the dark. 

 

she sighed and laid her head against the clingy girl "alright... if it's for you..." she held onto her hand a little bit tighter, sending the message to her that she wasn't going anywhere. 

 

she began singing as soft as she could, swaying slightly, stopping every once and a while to hum a little bit to calm things down, she wanted the stress to pass, she wanted wheein to feel loved and safe.

 

even when you're here, it hurts

 

i miss you but what can i do?

 

i don't want to be obvious. 

 

at times, she felt nothing but love for wheein. wheein never regretted sticking around byul, even if she was unbearable most of the time. she loved her and that's what kept them so close, without words, without speaking to each other, the message was received.

 

what if you think i'm sad? 

 

no matter what...

 

she felt the weight of the younger girl leaning on her. she groaned quietly when byul paused, wondering why she stopped

 

"hey? that's not the end of the song..."

 

"ah, sorry." 

 

i'm worthless, i'm worthless, yeah

 

i can't stop, i found you

 

but it feels like i'm the only one 

so that makes me mad

 

wheein could hear her voice shaking slighty, rubbing her thumb against byul's hand but it hadn't helped much, byul was acting different now. 

 

i don't understand

 

but hurting this much, i'm used to it

 

again, she stopped.

 

"byulie? unnie? are you awake?"

 

she lifted her head up to see her head hung, as if she froze or forgot where she was, wheein turned to her side and byul let go of her hand.

 

"moonbyul? byulyi? i'm sorry, i shouldn't have made you... i-i should leave now..."

 

"wheein-ah."

 

"it's okay, i'm sorry, i'll leave you alone..." 

 

"wheein-ah, i love you." 

 

"so.. so please, don't leave..." she didn't move her head from looking down at the floor, making sure her face couldn't be seen.

 

"byulie... i know..."

 

she moved to face the for once quiet girl, pushing her hair behind her ear 

 

"and..."

 

she held her face between her hands and kissed her on the cheek. 

 

she kissed her on the forehead, pushing her bangs back and looking her in the eyes. 

 

byul was teary eyed, but she wouldn't let herself be seen crying. especially not by wheein. she stared into her eyes and started to get lost before wheein spoke again. 

 

"i love you too."