You are My Sunshine (My only Sunshine)

You are My Sunshine (My only sunshine)

After a very hectic week from work, Jungkook exhaled a huge sigh once he got home. It's never easy running a company on your own. Well, not that he's alone with all of this because Yoongi would always help him and thank God for the older's existence even though Jungkook has to live with his snarky comments all the time. 

Checking the time, it was already past ten so he's sure Taehyung and their baby Hoseok were already sleeping. He silently pulled off his shoes and tiptoed to their bedroom, but not before checking their son. He cooed internally when he peeked through Hoseok's crib. The baby was all smiles even in his sleep. "Having a fun adventure in dreamland, huh Seokie?," Jungkook whispered silently then placed a feather light kiss on the baby's forehead. 

When Jungkook entered their bedroom, much to his surprise, Taehyung was still awake, too engrossed with reading his new book that he still haven't noticed his husband's presence. Taehyung only smiled when he felt Jungkook's arm slowly circling his waist. After such a long day from work, all of Jungkook's stress seemed to vanish once he smelled his husband's familiar scent. Gentle. Lovely. Home. 

"Hey honey," Jungkook kissed Taehyung's temple before nuzzling the older's neck. 

"Hi dear," Taehyung smiled, placing his book on their bedside table and turned around to look at the younger. He looked so beat that Taehyung's instinct to sooth his partner's pain kicked in. He hugged Jungkook, circling his arms around the younger's middle and Jungkook melted grandly. "Welcome back."

"I'm home, Tae." 

Taehyung smiled and told the younger to shower first before they cuddled and talked a little and then succumbed to sleep. 

----
     When Jungkook thought that after Taehyung said yes to him after he asked for Tae's hand was finally their happy ending, he was so wrong. Realistically he knew that it was just the beginning. And he knew that Taehyung's really the one destined for him because when their 5th anniversary as boyfriends approached, this certain pull inside Jungkook's heart, telling him to mate his boyfriend, also grew gradually and there's only much he could endure before succumbing to his instinct. So when their anniversary rolled in, Jungkook gathered all his confidence and popped the million dollar question. 
  Of course he was afraid that Taehyung would decline since he knew all the struggles the older endured when it comes to commitment and marriage. Jungkook's father was no help also since he was against with their relationship in the first place. So when Taehyung, who cried his heart out and Jungkook being there patiently and soothed him, has accepted Jungkook's proposal, the younger called his mom. Gladly Mrs. Jeon supported them and offerred to let them stay in one of the Jeon's rest houses. Jungkook promised his mom to moved out after he got a stable job and can already afford a place he can call his and Tae's home. 

"You don't have to move out, dear," his mom once said ," I'm happy of the man you turned out to be. I'm so proud of you, son. Never forget that. Don't worry about your dad, he's just being petty. Take care of yourself and of course, Taehyung. He's lovely. You are so lucky to meet him and be with you for the rest of your life." 

Jungkook teared up a little and hugged his mom, "I know, mom. Thank you."

----
    When Taehyung got pregnant with their firstborn, it was one hell of a rollercoaster ride. Knowing Jungkook's nature as a head alpha, he constantly worru whenever Taehyung would do chores at home. 

"Oh my God Kook! I'm pregnant! Not some ing disabled person. I can wash the dishes just fine. Now back to the living room and let me do my work."

Seems like being pregnant makes someone snappy all the time. It's not Jungkook's first time that he sees Taehyung snapped. It was scary to see Taehyung mad to be honest but seeing him pouting and scolding Jungkook for treating him like a glass, Jungkook could only surrender and chuckled fondly after squishing Taehyung's cheeks. 
 

"Your cheeks are so cute baby. You are so cute," Jungkook would squish them and placed little kisses all over Taehyung's face until the older would squirm and laughed. "That's more like it. You looked more beautiful when you smile Tae. I love you." Jungkook would then kissed his husbands lips. 

"I love you, too even if you're an idiot sometimes," Tae would respond just as fondly. 

There are also times when Taehyung would have mood swings. One minute he's happy and the next thing Jungkook knew, Taehyung wouls get sulky and pout cutely. 

"What's wrong baby?" Jungkook asked him one evening when Taehyung changed into his favorite pajamas. They have little strawberries printed all over. 

"I'm getting fatter everyday! Look how big my arms are. They're not this fatty before. Also my legs are getting buffy now. Why am I so ugly?" Taehyung paced around, feeling a little frustrated with the changes happening because of pregnancy. 

Jungkook would chuckle and asked Tae to sit beside him. He's getting heavy to sit on Jungkook's lap for now, and they both know. "Listen baby, you are beautiful whether yout so fat or so thin. I will always find you beautiful. You having this big tummy here," Jungkook placed his hand on his husband bulging tummy, "this only means that our baby's healthy. You're doing so good at keeping both of you healthy. And for that I'm thankful and so so proud of you Tae."

"So," Taehyung mumbled "you won't hate me even if I look like a whale after giving birth? I read some articles about people gaing 10 lbs more after giving birth." 

"Nope, I would never hate you Taehyung. You won't get rid of me that easily."

---
   The call arrived around noon, right after Jungkook got out from his meeting with the board members. Jimin rushed to him, holding his phone on his ear as he motioned for Jungkook to meet him immediately. Apparently Taehyung's water broke and immediately called  his cousin Jin, who was a nurse. It was delivery time. And Jungkook has never been so terrified out of his wits as this moment. 

 "Calm the down, kid," Yoongi said as he looked at Jungkook's restless figure walking back and forth. "He's fine, don't worry."

   "I should have been there with him hyung! He must be in lot of pain now. Taehyung has such low tolerance of pain, you know. And I know how ing painful giving birth is! It was my fault I forgot to bring my phone with me earlier. Why am I such a ty husband?" Jungkook rambled.

 Yoongi released a sigh and clapped Jungkook's shoulder. "Hey, it's never your fault, okay? I'm sure Tae knew how busy you are considering he called his cousin first. And I know Taehyung's stronger than he seemed. Especially since he'll be giving birth to your first child. We all know how much he adored children so he can get through this. Now sit the down and let's just pray for the both of them, understood?"

---
    It was a grueling 8 hour labor but when the doctor and Jin come out from the delivery room, telling Jungkook of the successful labor, he immediately rushed to Taehyung's bedside, who was carrying and cooing at their (THEIR!) baby. He couldn't help it when Taehyung looked at him with watery smile, telling him how beautiful their baby is. Jungkook kissed Taehyung's temple, whispering how proud he is and and how sorry he was when he's not there beside Taehyung. 

"It's okay Kook. Don't worry. I'm fine now and look, our baby is so beautiful," Taehyung carressed the baby's cheek, a tear rolled down his cheek. He is indeed beautiful. 

"I'm so so proud of you baby. I love you so much. And yes you're right, he is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. Our angel," the baby's hand held Jungkook's finger and his chest has never felt so much warmth after realizing that they're a family now. A complete family. 

"I'll protect you both. I promised you that."

 "Excuse me. Uhm, so what will be the baby's name?" A nurse entered, holding a clip as she waits patiently for them to answer. 

 

Taehyung looked down and saw the baby smiling in his sleep. Their happy little angel. "Hoseok. Jeon Hoseok."

"Perfect," Jungkook mumbled as he looked at his son fondly. 

"That's a great name. Congratulations for giving birth to such a little sunshine and I am so proud of you, Taetae." Jin said as he made way to them after the other nurse took note of the baby's name. 

"Thank you, hyung."

"Our sunshine. Our angel. Our hope." Jungkook smiled and kissed the baby's forehead. "Welcome to the world, baby."

---
   "Hey Tae?"
  
      "Hmm?"
  
   "I love you."

   "I love you, too."