Prologue

A Love Untold

PROLOGUE

MINA's POV

With my pair of expressionless eyes, I stared at the mirror. My uniform looked so old and my black shoes are too shabby but what can I do? I just sighed and extended my arms to reach for my bag hanging from the back of the door. 

I walked through the kitchen and quickly took a slice of bread, I stuck it between my teeth while checking my wrist watch. 

"Holy sh--" I was about to curse when I realized that there's no time for me to curse now because I am going to be late in 2 minutes. I have to catch the bus!

I quickly locked the door and put my key inside my bag, I ran towards the bus stop while finishing my slice of bread. Morning is always been this hard for me. 

"Ahhh..." I grunted while chewing the bread inside my mouth, It's just morning but I'm already sweating. 

The bus arrived after some seconds, I hurriedly get in the bus and sat on my favorite spot near the window. I put on my earphones and started to listen to my playlist while staring at the outside view. 


After 15 minutes, the bus stopped right in front of the JYP University. I got out and stared at the large school in front of me. I still can't believe I got a full scholarship in this prestigious school that only rich people can afford the tuition fee. All thanks to the rich man.... I mean my father who's not so father to me.

"Good morning to you, Miss." I was startled when someone suddenly put her arm around my neck. 

"You scared me." I said, removing her arms around my neck as We walked together inside the gate. 

"Am I a ghost?" She giggled. 

Sana is my friend. Probably my one and only friend here in this school. I am an introverted person and I don't like socializing with people... Except for her of course.

"Well, you look like a ghost." I uttered as we enter the hallway. 

"By the way, did you do your homework in---"

"I did and I won't let you copy mine." I cut her. I stopped infront of my locker, opened it and took my books. 

"Just this timeee! Minaaaaa~"

I just ignored her, I closed my locker and we started walking again. The History class is starting in 5 minutes.

"Mina~"

"Mina~"

She kept on annoying me until we reached the room. She even sat beside me while still calling my name in a cutest way she could do. 

I rolled my eyes and threw my notebook on her face. She's really an annoying person.

"Thank youuu~" she even hugged me but I didn't say anything. I swear this is the last time I let her copy my assignment. I swear.

Why did I even got to be friends with her? Like hell, she's a rich and a lazy woman who can't even do her assignments and research works. 

"Hi Mina..." The guy in the front row waved at me like as if we were so close friends. 

I just ignored him. I don't even know his name by the way. 

"Why don't you say hi to him... He seems so nice and cute." Sana whispered while still copying my assignment. 

"Shut up." I said and crossed my arms. 

"Like hell, you're so famous in this university. You're pretty, math wizard, the best pianist... But you don't have any boyfriend or girlfriend--"

"Not interested." I just said. 

 

MOMO's POV

"Mooom~ I want this one. Isn't this cool?" I showed my mom the picture of a cute lamborghini car. "I want a pink one." I added with my sweetest smile. 

I imagined myself driving a lambo... Oh gosh, this is going to be cool~

My mom ignored me and she just continued eating her breakfast. 

"Mommmm!" 

"Momo. Don't you even dare. You just bought a new car last month." My mom said and drank her juice.

"What? But it was too old---" 

"Don't be a brat!" She scolded me. 

"Daaadddd~" I approached my dad who's still walking downstairs. 

"It's fine with me." My dad patted my head and we both giggle. 

"I'll just buy you a car when your grades will improve." My mom said. 

"It's fine with me too." My dad laughed. "I agree with your mom." He added. 

I pouted. 

"We decided. You're in your 12th grade, you're entering college next school year yet your grades are not so good. Maybe you were too focused on dancing---"

"Don't ever continue that, mom." I cut. I know what she will say. 

"It's for your own good! Okay, make your grades higher then continue dancing but if you fail even just one subject... You have to stop dancing, pack your things and go to Japan as soon as possible." 

"That's too much!"

-

"Why are you crying?" Jeongyeon asked me while we were in the dance studio here in school. 

"My mom said that if my grades won't improve this semester, I have to stop dancing, pack my things and go to Japan as soon as possible." I said in between my sobs. 

"What a crybaby." Jihyo threw a handkerchief on my face and sat on the floor infront of me. 

"You're just bad in calculus. You can do it." Nayeon comforted me with a hug. 

I can't go to Japan. I promised myself to graduate here in JYP University with my friends. 

"Are you willing to help me?" Their faces changed when I said that. It was like they didn't like my idea. 

"Momo, I am not also good in calculus." Jeongyeon said, patting my shoulders. 

"I recently got 34 out of 100 on the last summative test." Jihyo laughed at herself. 

"I got 35! I guess I'm the smartest." Nayeon also laughed. 

"Guys... I'm serious. I might not going to study here and dance with you anymore." I cried again... Like a baby. 

"Hey--- oh, why are you crying?" Someone entered the dance studio. It was Sana, she's also a member of the dance troupe. 

We're also good friends but not as close as Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Jihyo. She's more like an acquaintance to me. 

Nayeon explained it to her. 

"That was too much..." Sana commented. 

After some minutes, all of the dancers came and we began practicing. I couldn't  focus and kept on having a mistake so I took a quick break and practiced again. 

 

"Why don't you hire a tutor?" Jihyo suggested while we were packing our things. We just finished the practice and All of the dancers left except for me, Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo. 

"That's good. Peer tutor is so popular these days." Jeongyeon added. 

"What if students judge me for having a tutor. They might call me brainless." I pouted. People nowadays are like that. 

"Let's keep it a secret." Nayeon winked at me. "Trust me."


-

The next day, Nayeon didn't join us for lunch for no reason so it was just me, Jeongyeon and Jihyo here in the cafeteria, eating lunch together. 

"Hey." I nearly choked at my iced tea when someone sat beside me. 

It was Nayeon. 

"You shouldn't pop up like that. You scared me." Jeongyeon even said. 

"Have you eaten?--"

"I went to Mr. Lee's office--"

"Our teacher in basic calculus?" Jihyo asked. 

"Yes... Then I asked him who's the most outstanding student in his subject. Well, he said it was Myoui Mina and Song Sejun." Nayeon whispered. 

"Oh, I know Mina." Jihyo commented. 

"Everybody knows her." Jeongyeon added. 

"You'll just have to pick who do you want to tutor you. That Mina girl or that Sejun boy?"

"No one." I quickly said. 

I know Mina, of course. And I guess.... We hate each other. 

2 weeks ago...

I remembered getting furious about the fight between me and my mom. I drove furiously until I reached the parking lot of the school and I just got back to my senses when I almost hit someone. 

 It was Mina. I know her because we attend several classes together plus she's famous for her brain and skills in piano.

"Can't you see my car?!" I let down my windshield and furiously shouted.

"I can." She said with a mocking voice. "Can't you see me also?"  She added. 

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and continued to park my car when I heard a loud bang, as if my car was hit by a rock. 

As soon as I parked my car, I got off to check it. 

"Oh gosh...." I covered my mouth with my hands while checking the trunk of my car. "Did you just hit my car with a rock?!" I shouted at Mina who's walking away from my direction. 

She casually stopped and looked at me. 

"Did you have any evidence?" She said and left me. 

Wow, what a great timing. No one is here. 

After that day, I kept rolling my eyes at her so no, I don't like her to be my tutor. 

"Don't be such a choosy person. The exam is getting near." Jeongyeon said. 

"The exam will be next month." Jihyo added. 

"But...--"

"No buts. You just have to choose between Mina and Sejun." 

 

"Do you want to hire a tutor or suffer forever?"

I don't even know that Sejun guy but my pride won't take it when I'll choose Mina... Ah, this is frustrating... Super frustrating.