Chapter 4

The Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still a few hours away for Lalisa’s shift to end but I told her of how confused and scared I was. I felt ashamed and heartbroken to have opened my heart on someone who was completely dishonest. Mrs. Kim was set to be back any minute now and I knew I needed to escape. 

 

Lalisa called someone to cover for her as she faked feeling sick all of a sudden. After the call ended, she quickly removed the needle sticking in my arm. She placed a plaster over the wound before she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. She took a peek of the hallway and when she was sure that the coast was clear, she lead me out of the room.

 

“Wait!” I said to stop her. I let go of her hand and went back inside my hospital room. I removed the engagement ring on my finger and left it on top of the bedside table. I quickly went out of the room and followed Lalisa towards safety.

 

———-

A few days had passed but Lalisa and I just found my family. It took sometime because Lalisa didn’t really have my family’s contact information. All she knew was my parents owned a tech company in Australia and it look a lot of googling and emailing to find a match. I talked to my mom and dad over the phone. In the few minutes that we talked, I felt all my strength being drained out of me. My parents thought that I died in the fire. Just as I grieved for them, they grieved for me. They ended the call with the assurance that they would fly as soon as they can get tickets, promising me that we would finally be reunited tomorrow.

 

Lalisa was an angel for letting me hide in her apartment these past few days. As if that wasn’t enough, she even asked permission to take a few days off from work so that she could accompany me. She knew that I didn’t want to be alone. 

 

Still, despite having her with me, I still had moments where Junhoe consumed my thoughts. I felt betrayed that someone I have learned to love could be capable of playing with my mind. If he truly loved me, why would he deprive me of my family and friends? Why would he lie to me? Yet, my heart broke because at the back of my head, I still believe that he was a good guy. Rather than being filled with anger, I remember how incredibly kind and gentle Junhoe was. More tears fell from my eyes as my heart broke into little pieces. 

 

————

Lalisa and I were eating lunch when the door bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter