Final

You and Only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

The ballroom is filled with chatters and clanking of silverware. Lords and Ladies with luxurious silk clothes have their dinner on round tables with white linen tablecloths. Their servants who wear wool long dress stand nearby to assist their lords but not too near to disturb them.

 

Sanghyuk sits at a table at the end of the room quietly, not fond of socializing with other lords. If he was given an option, he would rather be in his office room, reading all the reports he received from the baronets. He needs to attend the dinner held by the Queen in place of his father who went to the other side of the country for his business. He glances at the enormous clock occasionally as he waits for the dinner to continue.

 

The sound of a spoon clanking on a wine glass echoes in the room, silencing all the noise. Sanghyuk focuses on the King who has stood from her seat.

 

“I would like to thank you again for accepting the invitation to celebrate this most special occasion. As you may know, our country has been blessed with the birth of two alpha princes from the marriage of our Alpha heir, Prince Taekwoon and his spouse. May our God bless the family and the marriage.”

 

The King then lifts his wine glass in the air, “To the birth of the princes.”

 

The lords and ladies clank their glasses together, cheering the birth of two alpha princes.

 

Sanghyuk swirls his glass and sips his wine.

 

After a while, the servants pick up the plates and push the tables aside to give room for dancing. The lords find their dancing partners and move to the centre of the room to start dancing. Again, Sanghyuk just stands by the side and observes all the guests of the night, not bother to join the floor.

 

“Lord Sanghyuk, would you like to dance with me?” An alpha lady in red frilly dress approaches him and invites him to dance. Not wanting to be seen as rude, Sanghyuk reluctantly accepts her hand and moves together to the centre of the room. He lets the lady to lead the dance. As he stands near to her, he can smell jasmine scent on her.

 

When he dances with another beta lord, Sanghyuk has smelled a strong yet sweet scent. It is a mix of cinnamon and honey. It is so attractive that Sanghyuk nearly turns his head around to search for the owner of the scent. He stops himself from doing embarrassing act lest he offends the beta.

 

After the song has reaches its end, Sanghyuk steps out from the dance floor. His eyes glance around to search for the source of the scent. His sight then falls on a male, wearing umber tunic. Chestnut hair which is shoulder-length covers his face, blocking Sanghyuk from seeing his face. Sanghyuk stares on the male who bows his head while stands near several lords who have their conversation. Sensing the stare thrown to him, the male lifts his head slightly and looks at Sanghyuk directly. Their eyes meet. Sanghyuk gulps.

 

He dare says that the male is the most beautiful omega he has ever seen.

 

The scent has attracted a heart void with feelings.

 

 

 

 

Sanghyuk meets the male omega again few months after their last encounter. The omega has tied his hair into a ponytail. He stands by the same lord who he was seen together last time. Sanghyuk deduces that the lord is his master. He can smell the same scent that attracts him to the omega.

 

Sanghyuk decides not to do anything with the omega as it is clear that he is owned. It is rude for him to put his eyes on someone's possession too much.

 

Again, the omega can sense he is being stared by a pair of eyes. He lifts his head to meet Sanghyuk’s gaze. This time, the omega gives him a small smile.

 

The smile has filled an empty heart

Please log in to read the full chapter