Keep You in My Heart

Our Story

Title: Keep You in My Heart

Pairings: ChaKy

Summary: The popular actor has a crush on someone but he keep his feeling in his heart and afraid of being rejected. Based on Eunwoo has a crush.

 

 

The popular and sought out actor of the century, Cha Eunwoo is sitting with the cast and the master of the popular reality show, Master in the house. He didn’t remember how and when the topic arises until the first visual variety star, Lee Seunggi talks to him about his own love potential.

 

“But I can’t believe Eunwoo thinks like that…” Seunggi says.

 

“I’m also like them. I can’t speak well,” Eunwoo replies.

 

One of the masters for the episode, Jang Doyeon asks the actor beside her, “Then, have you ever crushed on someone?”

 

Eunwoo nods. “Yes, I have!” He smiles shyly when he heard the ooo’s and ah’s around him. He caught Shin Sungrok says he was curios and Seunggi asks if it’s true and if he didn’t tell her. “I couldn’t,” he answers.

 

“What is the reason?” Park Narae, another master asks.

 

“That woman will die for a regret,” Yang Sehyung, a comedian cast of the show commented.

 

Before Eunwoo can answer the master, Seunggi once again fish for a possible love story. “But Eunwoo, if that woman watches this episode and send you a DM, ‘Eunwoo, how are you?’…”

 

Eunwoo duck his head as he smiles shyly.

 

Never look away from the handsome young actor, Narae says, “He’s smiling even just for talking about it.”

 

“How would you feel if she asks for a cup of tea?” Seunggi added to his question.

 

Eunwoo healed a breath as he thinks of the possibility of that person reaching out to him. The crew can see the words flying in his head.

 

Unrequited love in precious memories. Is it right to take it out again?

 

“I think it’s going to be nervous and fluttering.” Eunwoo finally replies after a short silence. “I have memories when I was young. I was never interested to be an artist, I didn’t know much about entertainment. When I grew up, I want to be a doctor or a prosecutor. But this person…” He gulps his saliva. “There was this person, a hobae, in my middle school really love to watch dramas with their halmoni. I would listen to my hobae talk about new dramas, new actors and actresses, and the suspense of the plot.” The crew keep their mouth shut as they listen to the youngest member. “I was curious. Aside from accompanying their halmoni, why they really like dramas so much. So I start to get interested in it since then,”

 

Ahh…the crew says in understanding.

 

“It was because of that woman is what make Cha Eunwoo as he is today,” Sehyung says a clear ending to the beautiful memories.

 

Eunwoo smiles, silently thanking the man beside him for creating a way to change the target of their conversation. He listened to Doyeon’s story next, with Seunggi’s questions replying in his head like a broken record.

 

------------

 

How would you feel if she DM you?

 

Butterflies in my stomach. As always whenever I saw their name on my screen.

 

How would you feel if she asks for a cup of tea?

 

Elated. I would drop everything I was doing just to see their face.

 

Will you tell her about your feeling?

 

I can’t…

 

You’re Cha Eunwoo. That woman would be over the moon if she knows you like her.

 

Really?

 

She would say yes immediately.

 

I’m scared…

 

Wa…Cha Eunwoo, you’re scared of being rejected?

 

I’m scared if my hobae didn’t want to see me again.

 

You mean you’re meeting her frequently? She was not just someone from your memory?

 

Clad in his blue jeans, white t-shirt and black jacket, with a black cap on his head, a pair of glasses on his eyes and a black mask on his face, he stood outside of the coffee shop, looking at the barista working behind the counter from the glass door. The barista says his goodbye to the customer and watch him leave the shop when his eyes caught the lone figure standing on the pavement. He lift his hand and wave happily, knowing fully well who that suspicious person is.

 

Eunwoo smile behind his mask as he move his feet, one after another to enter the shop. The smell of fresh brew coffee and the aromatic of bread greets him.

 

“Welcome,” the barista says as he pours hot water over a coffee grounds in the brewer.

 

“Hey, Minhyuk,” Eunwoo says as soon as sits on the high chair at the bar counter facing the barista.

 

“Dongmin sunbae.” The barista named Minhyuk grins without looking at him. “You didn’t come lately,”

 

“Why? You miss me?” Eunwoo tease.

 

“As if.” Minhyuk jokes back.

 

Eunwoo laughs. “Why don’t you be honest and say you miss me, Minhyuk?”

 

Minhyuk hum as his eyes moved to the side, masking a gesture of thinking deeply. His hand stop moving. Then he turns his eyes to the still masked man. He grins. “I don’t.”

 

“Yah…!” Eunwoo pouts childishly.

 

The younger chuckles, continuing his hand moving the pot on the coffee. “Why don’t you just say you miss me, sunbae?”

 

Eunwoo put his elbow on the counter, his chin rest on his palm, looking at his hobae with loving eyes before a smile form on his lips. “Yeah, I miss you, Minhyuk.”

 

Minhyuk smiles, showing his shy dimple on his cheek, but say nothing. His hand swirl on the coffee quietly with Eunwoo watching him with those same loving eyes of his.

 

Eunwoo loves watching Minhyuk working behind the counter, with his full focus on the coffee grounds and his big hand on the pot. Eunwoo loves the quiet and calm ambience the café hug him. Eunwoo loves the sweet smell of coffee and buns in exchange of the humid and noisy shooting ground. Eunwoo loves the way Minhyuk prepares his coffee and serve him the fresh cake of the day.

 

Eunwoo loves this man, Park Minhyuk, a hobae he met at his middle school. A person who makes a Cha Eunwoo as he is today.

 

“This is the first in ten days,” Minhyuk says as he turns the ear of the coffee cup for Eunwoo to hold them easily.

 

“You count?” He can’t help but to .

 

“Yeah. I had the days you came marked in my calendar. Don’t you know?” Minhyuk jokes back.

 

Eunwoo take off his masked and show his grin to the younger. “I didn’t know. This is news. Since when you marked my attendance?”

 

“Since my Dongmin sunbae become Cha Eunwoo the actor.”

 

Ba-dump.

 

Eunwoo feels his heart want to jump from his chest.

 

My Dongmin sunbae.

 

Knowing Eunwoo since their middle school days, being friends and best friends and closer than brothers, Minhyuk used to call him by his birth name, and rarely by his stage name. Eunwoo like this of course. Minhyuk is one of a few who calls him Dongmin still. It feels foreign when an ‘Eunwoo’ leave his lips. Eunwoo demands the younger keep calling him ‘Dongmin’. He feels special. He wants Minhyuk have that special.

 

And when he said my followed by Dongmin sunbae, it makes Eunwoo’s heart drum crazily in his chest and the butterflies went rampant in his stomach.

 

My Dongmin sunbae…my…mine…

 

Mine?

 

Would he want me to be his?

 

Would he want to be mine?

 

“This is our new menu, sunbae,” Minhyuk says as he put a plate of brown crepe cake beside the coffee cup. “Chocolate crepe cake. You like crepe cake, aren’t you? We put two new crepe cake into menu; chocolate and vanilla,”

 

“Why didn’t you give me vanilla? I want the vanilla,” Eunwoo replies, examining the cake.

 

“You like chocolate more than vanilla.”

 

Eunwoo lift his head to look at the barista. “True, but I want vanilla today,”

 

Minhyuk shakes his head before he smiles plainly. “Nope. You can’t hide behind your glasses, sunbae. I can see it in your eyes, you’re tired. A coffee and a chocolate are perfect to boost your energy.” His lips turn into a grin, before he lift his head to the door and welcome a couple of new customers coming in.

 

Minhyuk step aside to entertain the new customers and prepare their order, leaving Eunwoo to nurse his louder and harsher beating heart.

 

Minhyuk can see his tired eyes.

 

Minhyuk can sense his exhaustion.

 

Minhyuk care for him and want the best for him.

 

Eunwoo smiles shyly.  

 

He was tired. He just finish his nonstop schedule since ten days ago. He had his variety show and drama, and radio shows, and modelling gig. He didn’t have a good enough rest and fulfilling meal. He was supposed to go home and cocooned himself in the comfort of his blanket and bed, and treat himself to a delicious meal. But as soon as his manager drop him at his apartment, Eunwoo quickly change to his uniform and walk to the café. His apartment and the café were just in a walking distant, not more than ten minutes, not more than four if he walks quickly with his long legs.

 

The café is where Cha Eunwoo’s vitamin is, his escape, and his comfort. A place where Eunwoo love to spend time the most than his own home.

 

Eunwoo moan in delight as the first bite of chocolate crepe cake touch his tongue. He takes another bite, savouring the heavenly taste. He finish the cake in record time and just sipping his coffee when the barista come to his side again.

 

“Feels better?” Minhyuk grins.

 

Eunwoo put the almost empty cup down on its saucer. He lifts his head to look at the younger man and smiles. “I feel better already after seeing your face.”

 

Minhyuk put his elbows on the counter and rest his chin on his open palms, blinking his eyes cutely at the actor. “Did you receive the strength I sent to you?”

 

Eunwoo laugh. “I did. You’re the best energizer, Minhyuk.”

 

The younger smiles. “I’m glad to be of help to you, sunbae.”

 

Eunwoo heave out a breath, watching Minhyuk, a smile adorning his face. They’re close. He only need to stand up to lock Minhyuk’s lips in his. Eunwoo reach out his hand to grab one of Minhyuk’s hand.

 

“Minhyuk…”

 

The younger hum, a sign to let the actor know to continue whenever he is ready.

 

Eunwoo look down at their hands, his thumb rubs the back of Minhyuk’s palm. Minhyuk’s hand is bigger than his but it sits perfectly well together. Too perfectly well. Almost like a sin if they try to let go.

 

Eunwoo lift his head. “Minhyuk…”

 

“Yes, sunbae?” Minhyuk whisper, meeting the actor’s eyes.

 

Minhyuk’s eyes are shiny and calm, Eunwoo found himself drawn in the deep of the black eyes. Minhyuk’s lips form a sweet loving smile, waiting patiently for his sunbae to say whatever he had keep in his heart.

 

“I…”

 

Will you tell her about your feeling?

 

You’re Cha Eunwoo. That woman would be over the moon if she knows you like her.

 

She would say yes immediately.

 

-----------

 

I can’t…

 

Eunwoo move his feet.

 

I’m scared…

 

One after another.

 

I’m not afraid of rejection. I’m afraid of how it will be after.

 

Slowly, leaving the café toward his apartment.

 

Will we be awkward?

 

His head low, his eyes staring blankly on his steps.

 

Will we grow apart?

 

He didn’t see where he goes.

 

I can’t live if Minhyuk doesn’t want to see me anymore.

 

He just let his feet take him to his home.

 

I will die if Minhyuk hates me.

 

Home, how he wish Park Minhyuk is his home.

 

That’s why…until I’m certain of Minhyuk’s feeling, I will wait.

 

How he wish Minhyuk will greet him with open arms.

 

I will shout to the world how much he mean to me.

 

How he wish they live together ever after.

 

I will tell him how my heart only beats for him.

 

------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

 

My first Astro fanfiction. I love Rocky and I wish to see the ChaKy ship sailing widely.