Chapter 1

Forced Vows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, CEO Kang," said the personal assistant to the heir of Kang Tech as he handed him some files to sign. "Thank you, Seungwan," replied Kang Seulgi, turning his chair with his black suit and slick black hair.

Kang Seulgi, the sole heir of Kang Tech, runs one of South Korea's largest tech companies. Being one of the youngest CEOs in the industry, he's popular among girls not just for his wealth but also for his looks. However, his popularity sometimes causes trouble.

"What's on my schedule for today?" he asked his assistant. "Today, you have meetings with Kim Software, the marketing team, and most importantly, dinner with your future in-law family," Seungwan said. "I almost forgot about the dinner. I don't understand why my family is so desperate for this arranged marriage. It's not like I'll never get married on my own, right?"

"But based on my observations from being your assistant for almost 3 years, I believe you won't get married by yourself, Seulgi. You don't even realize how much of a workaholic you are," Seungwan said.

Seulgi turned to the window, remembering his parents' decision.

Three months ago,
"Mom, Dad, please reconsider this. I'm still young and believe I can find my own wife," Seulgi pleaded. "No! This is the final decision! If you wish to take over Kang Tech, accept this marriage!" his dad insisted. "But why now? It's too early. I'm just 24 years old. I don't think I'm capable of taking care of a family. Can't you reconsider?" Seulgi pleaded again. "If you think you can't take care of a family, how can I believe Kang Tech will be in good hands with you?" his dad replied. "This marriage will not only make you a responsible man but also benefit our company. The person we arranged for you is not from an ordinary family. This will bring a huge opportunity to the company and you," his dad explained, patting Seulgi's shoulders before leaving.

"Mom?" Seulgi looked for support.

"Just listen to your dad. You know he knows best," his mom said.

Present,
"Just accept it. You never know what your future holds," Seungwan advised Seulgi, showing him an article on his iPad.
"What now?" Seulgi read the article about him hugging a woman.

"How did they find this?!" Seulgi was surprised. "You know, when I said don't be too kind to people, I knew this would happen," Seungwan remarked. "Seungwan, I was helping her. She was drunk and bumped into me. She almost fell. What could I do? Let her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter