Here Ever After [1/?]

Here Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N; It's been a while, hasn't it? A public story. Well, maybe there was a part of me that decided to be impulsive and do it. I haven't shared anything like this since a few months ago, since I took a step back from writing, but I also thought this idea was too good that I couldn't keep it to a limited group of people. Lmao.

 

Anyways, a little context; I wrote chapter one last year and shared it with a few limited people. (Originally called Tumble in the Rough.) It was merely a one-shot that wasn't intended to be extended into anything more. A few months ago, when the trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 was released, I was motivated to make a story inspired by it since it's one of my favorite game franchises of all time.

 

Obviously, that never happened since I was disillusioned with writing. Well, I took a look at my drafts and documents recently and thought this particular story sets up a good prelude and reason, so here we are. Lmao. I still don't know how I feel about coming back and writing JeTi, though.

Jessica's never seen Tiffany so wrathful. The expression on her face, the harsh lines of her jaw, and the furious glare in her eyes are more menacing than any anger she has ever witnessed.

 

Her lips are pressed tightly together, and her nostrils flare every once in a while as she struggles to regain her composure. 

 

She looks terrifying.

 

The room is silent.

 

All Jessica can hear is the sound of her heartbeat thudding loudly in her ears and the loud breathing coming out of Tiffany's mouth.

 

Neither speaks for what feels like an eternity, except for Tiffany, who keeps muttering curses under her breath.

 

At first, Jessica thought it might be best if she left; if she let Tiffany deal with whatever on her own, without getting involved. 

 

Maybe it would have been better for Tiffany to handle it on her own, to figure out what she needs from her and why, instead of having someone like Jessica lingering around.

 

However, she didn't want to.

 

In fact, the idea of leaving now made her feel sick to her stomach.

 

So, she stayed.

 

She waited.

 

That's how she ended up sitting on Tiffany's bed, soothingly rubbing her back, waiting for her to calm down and come to her senses.

 

She still doesn't understand what's going on, what exactly Tiffany's upset about, but she knows it's important that she's there for her.

 

This anger radiates off her in waves, burning away everything around them until they are completely isolated from the world.

 

It was almost beautiful.

 

Almost poetic, almost metaphysical.

 

It also felt so wrong. 

 

Very uncharacteristic of Tiffany.

 

Her hands are clenched into fists, and she's grinding her teeth so harshly that Jessica wonders how she hasn't broken anything yet. They're trembling violently, her knuckles turning white with the pressure.  

 

Jessica hates seeing her like this. Hates it because she's scared, and she wants to make it all better, make Tiffany feel better.

 

She continues to rub her back, her fingers moving gently over the fabric of her shirt. She doesn't say a word and keeps running her hands up and down Tiffany's sides, hoping that it might provide some solace for her.

 

After what feels like forever, Tiffany stops shaking. Slowly, very slowly, her hands relax, and she slumps forward, face partially buried in the pillows.

 

Slowly, Jessica leans forward, resting her forehead against the back of Tiffany's shoulder. Her long ebony hair tickles her cheek.

 

"What's going on?" she softly murmurs, her voice hoarse and barely audible. She applies pressure with one hand on her back and the other running along her arm, her nails lightly scratching her skin.

 

Tiffany shifts beneath her, and Jessica's hand slides down, wrapping around her forearm and holding it tightly.

 

"Nothing," she shortly answers.

 

The venomous tone in her voice tells Jessica that she isn't telling the truth.

 

She takes a deep breath and sighs softly, squeezing Tiffany's arm. 

 

"I don't believe that."

 

Tiffany stays silent for a moment.

 

"You know I'm right," Jessica adds after a moment. 

 

Tiffany bites down on her lip, clenching her jaw even tighter in an attempt to keep herself from snapping at Jessica. It's obvious from the set of her face that the thought of doing so makes her uncomfortable.

 

They stay like that for another minute or two. 

 

Jessica rubs the pad of her thumb over the spot between Tiffany's shoulder blades, tracing light circles there. It's almost as if she's trying to give her a massage.

 

Tiffany closes her eyes and breathes slowly through her nose. She doesn't try to push Jessica away and doesn't pull her closer. Doesn't tell her that it's fine or that she doesn't need her.

 

She lets Jessica take care of her.

 

Jessica whispers soft reassurances into her ear throughout the ordeal as they remain pressed together in Tiffany's bed. 

 

It feels so intimate and close enough for Tiffany to lean back against Jessica,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter