Dealing for a Chance

Last Chance at Love

"Jae..." Yunho began as he opened the door of the dining room and headed into the hallway. His eyes widened in surprise as he saw that Jaejoong was no where to be found. He looked around and scanned the halls, searching through the corridors and rooms. Not a single trace of Jaejoong was found. Where had his lover run off to? He massaged his temple and sat on the hallway floor. What was happening? He was here a minute ago...

Suddenly he felt his a nauseating feeling as the room seemed to rock back and forth, the colors fading before him. The many paintings that hung in the hallway merged into mere swirls of colors, and the light that hung in the center of the room seemed to dim and flash. Looking down the once short hallway now seemed endlessly ongoing.

He could see a shadowy figure appearing at what seemed like the end of the hallway. The figure wore a black suit with a clock hanging around his neck. His face could not be seen, but his head lifted up. It felt like he was looking at Yunho with an almost deadly cold expression. It sent chills down Yunho's spine. The figure approached him, and Yunho, who was still on the ground, retreated back using his hands.

"Who are you, and why are you in my house?", Yunho said, his voice shaking just like the rocking of house, "Do you know where Jaejoong is? Did you take him? What have you done to him?!" Yunho was angry now because of the man's refusal to say anything. He needed answers. He didn't care about what was going on, he wanted to see Jaejoong. He wanted to undo his mistakes.

An icy grin appeared on the face of the unknown figure as he heard the mention of Jaejoong. Yunho's expression hardened as his worries for his companion maximized, "I will find him, I will rescue him, and I won't let you hurt him!" Yunho was now sure that this figure had Jaejoong somewhere. A low chuckle was heard from the man, one that made Yunho's hair stood on its ends.

"Me hiding him? Aren't you the one who pushed him away and made him hide?", the first words that the figure had uttered pierced through Yunho's conscience and it seemed to wrench his soul out. "Don't you want him back ? Weren't you just talking about fixing your mistakes?" 

A sly look appeared on his face, as the figures cold eyes were replaced by an almost lustful expression. Yunho, now more courageous, looked at the man in the eye and eased himself up with a glare on his face as he tried to hide his fears.

"So what?" he said. His tone was void of emotions cowering behind the pain.

"I have a proposition for you. One I think you will find interesting." the figure chuckled as he stepped forward and leaned his arms against the wall making them come to a stop. The floor evened, no longer rocking.

"What is it?" Yunho stuttered. Hiding the fear wasn't working out like he had hoped.

"Well, I'll give you a chance to undo your past and begin your beautiful love story again." the figure explained. He was smiling when he winked at Yunho. Yunho paused and thought, was this some lunatic? What was going on here?

"How would I know you can do it? Why are you helping me anyway? There are plenty others who wants to undo their mistakes." Yunho stated, his breath becoming even again. He looked into the man's eyes as he awaited an answer.

"Well, you can choose to not believe it, and you can return to the pathetic stage you were in. Or, I can help you. But of course, there is a price that comes with my assistance. As to why I want to help you?" he lifted an eyebrow and studied Yunho's appearance. His light brown hair was disheveled. His expression was strained, but the man still looked as flawless as ever. "As for this reason, I will only tell you if you decide to go with the deal."

"How are you gonna help me then? What's the price?" Yunho was analyzing the situation. He was either going to go back to how he was, or bet his luck on this dangerous and strange person who had appeared before him. He heaved a sigh and tried to keep a stern expression.

"Well," the man began as he eyed the watch arpund his neck. "I will turn back time, to the day of your first meeting with Jaejoong. You remember it right?"

Yunho eyes widened. How could he forget? That was the day when Yunho began to live. His heart beat pounded with strength when he saw Jae walk across the campus of Hangkyung University. He remembered the blonde light brown hair that reached Jaejoong's neck, those eyes that squinted due to sunshine on his face. The pallet that he held told Yunho he was an art student, and the many items he was struggling to carry compelled Yunho to offer a hand. That was the beginning of it all. Yunho swallowed back the lump in his throat from the held back tears he felt from the memory. He thought for a long while. He thought long and hard about how much he loved Jae and how he couldn't live without him. There would never be a chance to could fix the relationship if he chose not to deal with this man, but the chances were slim and they would be hard.

A determined look crossed his face, "I will do it. No matter what." he replied, firm and strong.

A grin spread across the man's face.

"Deal." he said. He walked towards Yunho with a needle, and he pricked Yunho's palm. Yunho winced. "The deal is set." he said as he opened his watch and put the needle in it. "Let's cover some rules shall we?" Yunho listened intently.

"Once you return in time, Jae will no longer know who you are. You are not to tell him of what happened in the future or of our deal. If you do, you will pay the price and you will lose him." Yunho nodded in understanding, "As for the price of our little transaction," he chuckled coldly again,"You could call it our little bet?" Yunho looked at him, confused.

"If you do get him to fall in love with you before the time runs out, you two will be a happy couple and will genuinely love each other. I will leave you alone, and let you be." Yunho's heart elated. Jae has already fell for him once, and they had been happy at some point so this could work.

"But, if it doesn't work out and you lose, then well, didn't you ask why I chose you?" Yunho was puzzled again, why bring this up now? "If you lose I get to keep you with me," he faced Yunho with a lustful expression, as he put his hand on Yunho's shoulder and whispered into his ear. "You will be my slave forever, and...I chose you because I want you. But until your attachments have been cleared, I can't take you." Yunho swallowed his fears. He would become this man's property? Thoughts ran through his mind as he thought about the things this man would do to him. His expression hardened. He must be confident. His love for Jaejoong and Jaejoong's love for him would be strong enough for this.

"Don't worry, I won't lose. You will never have me." Yunho replied confidently. The man stepped back and opened his arms. The room began to rock once again, just like the clock on his neck. Yunho watched as the clock rotated on his neck, almost as if he was being hypnotised. 

"We'll see. The time limit I set for you is 1 year. From your meeting until your graduation, you must make him fall happily in love with you." he looked at Yunho.

"Okay, it won't be hard, I have already done it once and this time I will do it better," he said as his hand tightened into a fist. "There are some other minor things I will notify you from time to time, but I'll head you off so you can begin our game." The man gripped his watch as the events and exchanges between Yunho and Jaejoong flashed before Yunho's eyes. Then, Yunho felt himself becoming unconscious, and being eaten away by a light. A voice rang through in Yunho's mind before he woke.

"One year, one heart, one last chance, one love. Are you up for it ?" it was the stranger's voice. It startled him awake. He was there again, in his dorm. Senior year of college, where he made the best memories with that one very special person. Kim Jaejoong.