Oneshot

[oneshot] To Fall in Love is Dreadfully Simple

Heart quickening, faster than the speed the boy was running, Jinyoung nibbles on his bottom lip in anxiety. Dry as the desert, he clears his throat and tries to look away; he didn't want to stare for too long.

But it was hard not to.

Drifting away from the lesson once again, that itch at the back of his mind whispering to him, Jinyoungstares timidly out the window.Instantly, his eyes find the one person he was looking for. Running for all he's got, the white shirt slightly drenched from the sweat as his soft hair is plastered against his skin, the boy's radiant smile could be seen even from the second floor.

His body is fluid and fast, his reflexes unmatched. Although he lacks in power, his speed made up for it. But even then, he still laughs when he loses the ball, the fun of the game etched onto his smile. Drifting farther away from the lesson, Jinyoung closes his eyes; his skin tickling from the warmth of the sun's rays. He pictures the sound of the musical laughter that that boy would make. How would it sound to his ears? Rich, rough and deep? Light, sound and calm? Jinyoung's breath hitches as his heart starts to beat at an abnormal pace. The longer he lingered on the topic, the louder the whisper in his mind urged him forward.

Blinking from the sudden blindness from the sun, Jinyoung squints down at the field below, disappointment and slight panic rising in his chest as he sits straighter in his seat. Eyes furiously scanning the ground for the lost boy, relief washes over him like a cool wave when he spots him again; sitting on the grass just below the windows, joking and laughing with his peers as he drinks the water in his hands so coolly, making Jinyoung his dry lips and crave for it.

How strange he has become during these past months, at this very hour of day, when he is trapped in a confined classroom, and that boy is free and flying just beyond the window. A silent wish is always made, for that boy to look, just once, in his direction and notice him; the silent admirer. But it was just a wish, nothing but a thought; for that boy was laughing with freedom as he watched with a caged heart. He didn't even know the boys name.

A soft sigh escapes Jinyoung's lips, a disheartened warmth embracing his foolish thoughts, but as if that boy heard his dejected sigh, that familiar yet unknown face whips towards him; and Jinyoung swore that their eyes met, regardless of how far apart they were. Unable to look away, staring at those impossible eyes that he has always wanted to see up close, Jinyoung unknowingly holds his breath. Flushed and heart thrumming with a new sensation, Jinyoung simply shifts his gaze to the notebook on his desk. But moments later, with that whisper again, he peeks out the window once more, to see that the boy is still there, staring at the windows - at him.

"Jung Jinyoung, please continue off from page 57," the teacher suddenly calls upon him, startling him away from the boy beyond his window. Clearing his throat, he gets to his feet, while stealing a sidelong glance out the window. The corners of his lips frown as he watches the boy disappear, walking away with his soft hair blowing lightly in the wind.

..A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain.." Jinyoung reads, his heart jumping from the new found excitement, but also wringing with dread as the words that slide off his tongue wrap around his chest in a coil of useless hope.

Of all the pains, the greatest pain, is to love, and to love in vain, Jinyoung thinks, the words occupying his mind and heart as he walks silently down the hall to his next class. Why was it that he has such emotions and wanton thoughts for a boy that he knows nothing of; not even his name? Was it cupids arrow that pierced him all those times he stared out his window? Or was it simple ignorance of being wanted to be wanted by that smile; by that warmth? Mindless thoughts invaded his mind as he sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Excuse me?" a voice interrupts his reverie, a finger tapping him lightly from behind.

Eyes downcast, Jinyoung looks over his shoulder. "Yes?" he murmurs, raising an eyebrow in question.

"You dropped your pencil," the freshman says, a bright, all too familiar smile, etched onto his face. His eyes crinkled in an adorable way that made Jinyoung outright stare, as lean fingers held out a pencil towards him. He didn't need any words for the smile that was offered to him; the mere warmth and welcoming shine that that simple smile gave, rendered Jinyoung speechless. He was the boy.

Lee Junghwan, Jinyoung reads, finding some sense in himself to carefully take the pencil from the outstretched arm and read the name tag on the boys uniform. Unable to find any coherent words of gratitude, Jinyoung musters a smile and nods in thanks, his breath hitching in his throat as the boy's smile widens. Jinyoung didn't think that the boy could be even more adorable in person.

Aware of the time, Jinyoung mentally urges himself to head to his next class, or be faced with a lecture for tardiness. But as if in a mutual trance however, he and the boy, Junghwan, lock eyes as neither of them show any signs of movement, or wanting to separate. Jinyoung swore, the sudden look of adoration and wonder in Junghwan's eyes, were also mirrored in his own; not being a mere illusion from the sunshine that showered over them. Slowly, Junghwan's outstretched hand falls to his side, breaking the silent moment of stilled time. Blinking away, Jinyoung offers another smile, this time a bit strained, as he turns on his heels; heaving a shuddering breath as he walks away.

Jinyoung doesn't realize that Junghwan watched him walk away with, also, a shuddering heart until he disappeared around the corner.

Junghwan doesn't realize that Jinyoung, as soon as he rounded the corner, stopped in his tracks and leaned against the wall for support; the strength in his legs giving way as his face flushed with warmth.

To fall in love is dreadfully simple; that was a mutual understanding.

"You have an awfully beautiful voice," Jinyoung murmurs. Whether it was the beautiful weather of the spring morn that matched the rich voice, or the mere image of Junghwan freely singing to his heart's content on the school roof; Jinyoung didn't know. All he was aware of was that it gave him the sudden courage to approach the charming freshman.

Startled, the round eyes widening in surprise, Junghwan turns around. But as quickly as the shock came, a  welcoming smile quickly replaced the surprise. "Thank you," he says, his spoken voice even more pleasant then his singing.

Quietly joining Junghwan by the railing, Jinyoung smiles in a greeting and stares up in wonder at the fine morning sky. He had woken up terribly early today, and came to school even more earlier than usual. Would meeting Junghwan like this, be called a coincidence?

A coincidence is a form of a small miracle, as a miracle is another form of fate,Jinyoung thinks, unable to hide his glee as a small chuckle escapes his lips. He realizes then, that Junghwan was staring at him; a thoughtful look etched into his eyes.

And like the first time they met; their eyes lock once more, and everything around them turns white and still. The sound of the breeze whistling by, the feel of the sun's heat, as well as the presence of being on the roof, disappeared. The world was washed-out, the colours fading as the only thing they could feel and sense were their own breathing; and each other's craving for one another.

Clearing his throat, Junghwan takes a big breath and looks down at his shoes. "As I follow a long casted shadow, I walk with you into the twilight's darkness." Junghwan sings slowly; softly, as he closes the distance between them with a timid shyness, but backed with a strong will of certainty.

"I take your hand even until then, just the thought of us being together," Jinyoung watches, with an amused yet touched smile as Junghwan's voice resonates throughout the empty roof; echoing even louder in his heart.

"Makes me form tears," Junghwan finishes, voice fading away with a tender finish.

A stilled silence wraps around them, a blanket of warmth enveloping them in comfort. Jinyoung's smile widens, his heart fluttering like the wings of a bird. He felt as if his emotions grew wings and have taken flight. But as he watches Junghwan's cheeks flush a pretty pink, a sudden calm washes over him as he holds back a round of chuckles. He carefully reaches out and runs his fingers through the soft hair he has always wanted to caress.

It's softer than I thought,Jinyoung thinks, suddenly placing the hand gently on the back of Junghwan's neck; and in one motion, pulls him forward as he also steps forward. Jinyoung felt the breath on his lips, heard the gasp of surprise, and smelled the overwhelming scent, before tasting the exploding flavour of those delectable lips. He found it impossible to pull away; clinging onto the addicting taste and warmth.

In that one swift embrace, Junghwan's tensed shoulders relaxed as he soon finds his arms snaking up to wrap around Jinyoung's neck. The lips on his own were hesitating yet demanding, and he found himself complying to the order. His mind, and heart, were stilled, only to be abruptly started again when Jinyoung's hands slid down to gently caress his waist. The feeling of absolute unity plagued his mind as he found himself begging, probing, for more; more of the sweetness that was in his arms.

"I want to give you everything I have," Junghwan breathes as they break away. His eyes were glazed as his hand tightens, grabbing a handful of Jinyoung's school shirt in his hands. "I-I know we've only just met, b-but do you feel this?" He stutters, his eyes impossibly wide as he grabs at his own chest. "This feeling of completeness and suffocation because you're so close to me, touching me." Junghwan rambles, biting his bottom lip in frustration. His thoughts weren't being relayed properly. "I thought, at first, it was mere curiosity, but that was proven wrong when you just," he blushes, "kissed me."

Junghwan looks up to meet Jinyoung's calm gaze, and in a snap, his worry of questions disappeared from the simple smile that Jinyoung gave him.

"Can you let me speak?" Jinyoung chuckles teasingly. He found himself unnervingly calm and composed. Like Junghwan, he was plagued with questions and sudden panic, but he found that the more Junghwan rambled, his own worries dissipated; the tightness in his chest being replaced with a sense of blooming.

Placing his forehead against Junghwan's, noticing only the slightest difference in their height, Jinyoung closes his eyes and hums; his arms pulling the younger male flush against him. "I've always wanted to touch you, hear your voice and get to know you." he smiles, opening his eyes slowly and letting out a breathless laugh as he sees his own flustered expression in Junghwan's bright eyes.

"These jumbled array of emotions, right here," he continues, grabbing Junghwan's hand and placing it on his chest; letting him feel the strong frantic rhythm of his heart, "all sums up to three words," he sighs, placing a kiss on Junghwan's eyes; away the sudden formation of tears.

"I love you," he murmurs, before recapturing the trembling lips.

Junghwan, overwhelmed but welcomed the touch; the elation of Jinyoung's lips on his was nothing he'll ever experience. His arms pull Jinyoung closer, not a breath of air between their bodies as the cool breeze of the morning whips by; entwining and wrapping around them.

This is what I've always wanted, always craved, Jinyoung muses, his arms tightening around his own piece of heaven; reluctant to ever let go.

-end