Final

Metamorphosis

 

 

 

It’s been eight years since their debut and yet, it seemed like yesterday. I can never forget their laughing faces nor their hard shed tears; their innocent laughter or their die hard struggles. It had paid off; at least most of it.

 

 

Who am I, you ask. I’m the one person who saw them rise and fall and rise again. I’m that secret friend that your cutest DBSK member has; I’m Junsu’s secret friend. I’ve seen him cry, laugh, live, die and do it all. With his new album, “Tarantallegra”, I couldn’t have been prouder of him.

 

 

                Born in the same month, Su is elder than me by a year. This here is my story of the Junsu I know. He cried when he sees injustice around him; smiles when the burden is too heavy to carry and is still able to make people go crazy with his enigmatic smile. Well our meeting isn’t exactly the common type; I and Hyukjae ( that’s Eunhyuk, by the way. The er hasn’t contacted me yet!) saved his duckbutt from bullies. Like always, Junsu shuns violence but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to fight. When I saw him rescuing a poor girl from a bunch of bullies, I realised he isn’t scared of fighting; he just chooses not to and my respect for him rose more.

 

 

The day he told me he had gotten into SMent was the happiest day of our lives. I knew he would be someone big; his voice tells you all. But the shocking part was that Hyukjae was also selected! ( My guess, purely on dancing! The guy’s a freaking dancing machine!) However, that meant fewer meetings and hangouts and lesser lunch dates but we knew it would be worth it in the end. Years passed, seasons faded and time flew by; and the Junsu I knew then was different; not changed but different. The one thing about him that never died was his contagious laughter that could brighten up your day no matter what.

 

 

But, the ordeal between JYJ and SMent had taken a toll on my friend as well. The once go lucky guy was heavily depressed by the situation they were in; he would cry himself to sleep after a tiring day of fighting for his dream. Was he selfish? Was he greedy? I don’t know. All I knew was that no one’s dreams should be tied down by someone else and for that, I supported him. I loved Yunho, that I won’t deny, but my friend needed me more and he made more sense at the moment and I supported him. But I knew that would be the end of my crush too but at the moment, it had seemed so right and I don’t regret it till today.

 

 

But now, seeing as to how Junsu has grown and matured into, I am proud of what I did. His newest achievement is only a proof of how long a journey it was for that boy to transform into the man that he is now. I would never forget the musicals he got me to watch of his. I was left in tears at the end of each show he invited me to. His hyungs would be there but there would always be hope sparkling in his eyes; hope to see Yunho and Changmin but never did he see a shadow of theirs. His two hyungs might have seen the same but chose to ignore it.

 

 

But I am forever grateful to him for his friendship for I know now what a friend means. He was there in the most awkward situations of my life: When I stepped into womanhood for the first time; My first kiss with an ; My first heartbreak and the separation between my parents. Through his busy schedule, he made time for me and made sure that I was fine before he left me. His family accepted me as part of the family and I got a family I always longed for. Junsuah… Gomawao!

 

 

My bright cheery friend who brightens up the atmosphere everywhere he goes. I would never forget the photoshoot he took me to for JYJ. Jaejoong is scary at first sight but the guy’s weird like crazily weird. Chun.. Well Chun is the big competitor with Su for being my best friend. At times, I do think YooSu is real! Ssshhhhh… you heard it first from me! But no one can deny the Junsu effect! Everyone and everybody present in the shoot approached Junsu ‘cos of his amiable nature. Anyways, JaeChun kind of do scare people away. Sorry guys, but its true!

 

 

But why are your eyes wet Su? Why are you crying?

 


Shouldn’t you be happy? I am.

 

 

When I turn and look, I understand the situation and remember what he told me:

 

 

Flashback

 

 

“What kind of friend will you be Su?”

 

 

“The kind you will remember and come down to my grave and keep a flower and say, “I hate you for not inviting me!”

 

 

I laughed at him and said, “EEWWW! That’s so corny. Where would you get a friend like that?”

 

 

He looked at me and said, “On! You’ll see! You’ll see!”.

 

 

And we laughed away.

 

 

I look down and see him kneeling down, laying down a bunch of white lilies; my favourite and whisper the words, I knew he would: “I hate you for not inviting me!”

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t think it was a great short story but am still learning! This is to all my subs and friends and readers that no matter how long I take, I will get back to my story and finish what I started. So guys! *FIGHTING*