Jung Seyoon's Christmas Hero

Jung Seyoon's Christmas Hero

 

Every year, Jung Seyoon celebrates Christmas alone, and cold. Jung Seyoon came from a poor family, with a deceased brother and an alchohol addicted mother. She got hit everyday, but she never complained. She never told it to the police, because she knew her mother’s hatred for her will burn even more. She never cried about it, she never told anyone about it.

All she ever wanted was to become a friend, and to have one for real.

---

“You sick piece of trash!”  Her mother hit her with a bat in the back for the umpteenth time.

Seyoon glanced back and groaned in pain, but never spoke. A wound was opening up on her back, and it was beginning to bleed. It was December 24, an evening before Christmas, she was supposed to be happy right now, but here she was, groaning and suffering from wounds and pains.

“Shut up!”

She bit her lip and clenched her fists to try to get rid of the pain.

Another SMACK! and she didn’t feel any more hits. Her mother must’ve been tired, she half-heartedly thought. Guess it was right, because moments later, she heard her mother snoring away in the sofa. Atleast it was the only item in the house. Well, not really a house.

Seyoon got up slowly, taking her time.  I’ll have to go to the store and cover these up with medicine, she self-conciously took note to herself. Seyoon worked part-time in the café near their- uh, house.

Seyoon limped slowly to the door, trying not to wake her addicted mother. She’ll be really killed then. I mean, literally.

When she got out safely, she sighed in relief, ignoring the incoming headache in her head. She was tired and wanted to sleep, but it was impossible to. She always slept in her workplace, sometimes on the table, sometimes on the chair, and she was lucky if her boss even let her to. Those times were rare, since her boss was really, really cruel. So cruel that her boss doesn’t even care.

Her uneven breaths came faster, and her heart was beating anxiously in her chest. It was impossible not to get hurt, but she couldn’t avoid it. Everyone must be having a really great time now, she thought. It’s Christmas, isn’t it… She softly smiled, but it was barely shown. She held out a hand to touch the falling snow, and the snow melted on her hands. Seyoon limped to the bench. It was cold as ice, and her clothes were only thin-layered. Gosh, this was such a bad timing! The cold wind flew right past her, and she shivered.

She hugged herself to keep her warm, and didn’t mind the pain on her back. Blood was trickling down and dripped on the bench. But she didn’t care. All she wanted was a friend. A friend by her side always, a friend to protect her, a friend to talk with her, and a friend who cared for her. Seyoon didn’t want anything but a friend. Just a friend. She only wanted that.

When she thought she could faint, a heavenly voice woke her up from her daze.

“Miss…?”

She took a faintly glance at him, and then finally did.

---

Smell of roses. Seyoon could smell it. Where was she? In a dream, maybe? Perhaps, she was dead? She was still breathing. She wasn’t dead?

Her eyes fluttered open, and now she was sure she wasn’t in a dream, or dead. Her head was throbbing a little with pain, and her back seemed to be bandaged. Seyoon knew she wasn’t in a hospital. Roses were in her way of breathing, not medicine.

Then she remembered the guy who she had encountered with. It was him? Or not? Seyoon questioned in her mind. She also remembered she took a glance at him, and she remembered he had brown hair, small but attractive eyes, and red, cherry lips. Boy, he was really hot for a guy, alright. But Seyoon shook the thought out of her mind, burning.

She took a look on her clothes. It was a different pair! Her savior must be a ert! She thought; horrified. Her savior’s a ? Impossible! Then why would he help her? Geez, there were so many thoughts going on her head that she didn’t even realize someone came in. She slapped her cheeks softly numerous times.

“Miss? Are you alright?” He asked then giggled. He maybe saw her slapping her cheeks crazily! He must think I’m a weirdo, Seyoon blushed; embarrassed.

“Nae. I think I am.” Seyoon answered quietly. “Are you… a or somesort?” She searched his face. She was terrified inside, but didn’t show it.

“Me? A ?” He laughed. Seyoon nodded. “Well, I’m not.” He smiled at her. “Then… how?” She pointed to her clothes. “Ahh… That. I had someone to do it for me.” He rubbed his nape, with a meek smile on his handsome face.

“Someone?” She raised her eyebrows; suspicious and amused. She didn’t know why she already felt comfortable around him.

“Yeah. Someone.” His face burned. Darn! Why was he blushing around her too much?

“Well, my name is Baekhyun, but you can call me Baek.” Baekhyun showed her another smile. “I bandaged your back, because it looked so scary on a beautiful girl. Oh, and I’ll treat your other wounds later after you finish eating.”

She started nodding, but stopped. “Wait a minute.” Seyoon narrowed her eyes. “You said ‘I’? Meaning, you changed my clothes?”

“Eheheh… Well, maybe...” He admitted. “! !” She grabbed a pillow and threw it to him. Then grabbed another one, and threw it again. Until there were no pillows left.

“Get away from me!”

“Hey! Wait!” Baekhyun yelped. “You’re not supposed to go out! You’re not fully cured yet! And I’m not a ! I told you!” He chased after her.

Seyoon let out a scream and ran away. She hadn’t done that in years.

She ran out of the door, and stopped middleway. She let out a gasp and shock overwhelmed her. This was not even a house! They were floating! As in, floating! In the sky!

“Oh my god. I have got to get out of this place.” She could already feel herself throwing up. But how would she escape? She didn’t know. But Seyoon had to do something, or else she’ll be killed.

Baekhyun came out after her, and grabbed her by the waist, “I told you! Don’t come out!” He clinged on to her, which made Seyoon push him. But nothing. No success. He was too strong for her. “Let go of me, you !”

“No! Wait, please! I’ll explain! Please, just listen to me.” Baekhyun begged.

Seyoon stopped pushing him, and just quietly gazed at the cloud below her. Millions of thought were going on her head and one was really stuck in her head: This guy was a total psycho!

But where was she? She had to stop and listen to know the answer…. But then…it wouldn’t be her if she stops, she already had a plan going on her head.

Baekhyun sighed in relief and muttered something to himself that Seyoon couldn’t quite hear. He thought she had calmed down and really listened to him. This girl’s not really bad at all, Baekhyun thought in relief.

“Please just go in and sit. I’ll explain.” His grip on her waist loosened. After that, Seyoon took a deep breath to calm her heart down and jumped in the clouds. If it was the only way she could escape, then she would.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and froze right there for a few seconds.

Then he finally realized what she did. “That crazy girl!”

He jumped in after her. She was really a stubborn girl, alright. Suddenly, a bright light shone on him, and Baekhyun’s wings spread out on his back and flapped its way to find Seyoon. Its white, creamy color rose and brightened the place even more. He turned to his right, but didn’t find her there. And then turned to the left, and saw her small body flowing down.

He flew in after her and caught her by the waist.

Seyoon’s eyes opened again, and there, she thought her life would end just like that. There were clearly tears in her eyes. It was the first time in years she had ever cried again, and it was because of this Baekhyun guy. She was really scared for her life, and really thought she would have died if Baekhyun hadn’t saved her. If before she wanted to get away from him, now she wanted to thank him. A lot.

Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed and was ready to scold her when he heard her thank.

“Thank you, Baekhyun. For saving me.” Seyoon’s tear rolled down on her cheek and hugged him. She really thought it was the end of her life. “Thank you, thank you, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun softened for a second and he forgot all about the anger. He just hugged her back tightly. His wings flapped up to the sky, back to Baekhyun’s house.

Seyoon was surprised at first. Why was it that it didn’t hurt when Baekhyun hugged her back? But it wasn’t in her concern at the moment. She suddenly regretted what she did. She risked her life for the first time, but she really thought if she dived in, she would be saved. But no, it was a lot safer in his house. And she really wanted to give him lots of thank yous when she has the chance to.

Baekhyun layed her gently on his bed, careful like a baby.

“Rest first,” Baekhyun let out a little smile. “I’ll tell you the truth when you wake up, alright? Sweet dreams…”

What truth? She wanted to ask him that, but she really wanted to rest, and now she was getting it. So Seyoon closed her eyes, and for the first time in years, she smiled and slept comfortably on a bed.

His wings returned in his back and its golden, white color disappeared right infront of her. Baekhyun her hair, and gently whispered, “I’m sorry I wasn’t there when you suffered. But now that I’m here, I’ll keep you safe.” His heart beat fast, and he didn’t know what that feeling was. It wasn’t important for him now, because for him, he only wanted to take care of her.

---

Baekhyun came in her room first thing in the morning, and entered with a  tray of panckes and a cup of coffee. It was all he had, really.

Baekhyun saw her still snoring away and laughed a little. She was snoring, and she was a girl! Then he softly smiled, and put the tray beside the bed. He propped his hands on the railings of the bed, and softly gazed at her. She was really pretty, but she had a stubborn personality for a woman.

Seyoon opened her eyes groggily, and looked around. “Where am I…?”

“You’re in my house, silly.” Baekhyun answered for her. “Right.” Seyoon quietly remembered. Her heart was drumming with nervousness, and she planned to tell him now. So she slowly sat up and played with her fingers, “Listen, Baekhyun… I’m really sorry I jumped in. I thought I was going to be saved from you when I do that, but I guess not. I’m sorry I’m stubborn and hard to convince. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you… If you weren’t there, and if you didn’t save me… what could’ve happened to me? So I thank you for that, Baekhyun. Thank you for saving my life. Honestly, I was really scared when I jumped in. I’m really thankful you were there for me. Thank you. And I also realized, that I’m wrong. I’m wrong for first, that you’re a ,” She stopped with a small laugh, “And I’m wrong not to trust you and listen to you. Well… that’s all I wanted to say.” She embarrassedly looked away.

Baekhyun smiled and lit up like a christmas tree. This was his favorite part of his job.

“It’s okay, really. I already forgave you yesterday.” He laughed. “And you’re welcome.”

There was silence for a few seconds, when Baekhyun decided to speak up. “Do you want to eat first? I bet you’re really hungry to what happened yesterday. I hope you like what I brought you. It’s all I have, and uh… it’s my present to you. Merry Christmas!” He weakly chuckled and rubbed his nape shyly.

Then he took the tray with the pancakes, and embarrassedly handed it to her.

She then remembered it was Christmas. She looked out of his window, and it was snowing. It was really Christmas!

She turned to the pancakes and let out a woah. It’s been so long since she’d seen it, and she wanted to taste it again. So she eagerly took it from him and put it infront of her. “Pancakes…” Seyoon’s eyes lit up for the first time in years. She took the fork and sliced a little part.

Baekhyun watched her; interested.

She brought it to her lips and chewed them. The sweetness of it melted in , and it brought joy to her whole body. Her heart tingled with warmth, and she held up a thumbs up. “It’s really good, Baekhyun-ah. Thank you for this. It’s because I haven’t seen pancakes for so long and eaten this kind of food. Oh, and… Merry Christmas!” She then took another bite and smiled at him.

Baekhyun thanked her, but he felt a little pity towards her and thought, Don’t worry, Seyoon-ah. I’m here now. You can eat anything you want, and enjoy it. I’ll be here to take care of you. Baekhyun’s lips twitched a little, and he smiled at her.

When she finished eating with Baekhyun watching her, she gave him a hug. “Thank you again for this.” She smiled at him. She didn’t know why she was so comfortable and felt a little joy in heart when she was around this guy….Just yet.

“I brought you coffee also.” Baekhyun smiled and cupped the mug with two hands.

Seyoon took it with awe and excitedly took a taste. The bitter good taste brought warmth to her chest and she gave a little, happy smile at him again, “It’s the first time I’ve ever drank coffee! I mean, I’ve seen it for a few times, but… I actually never got to taste it ‘till now. It’s delicious! Thank you!”

Baekhyun felt a little teary for her, but gave out a brave look. He didn’t want to cry infront of her, especially a girl. He cried so easily sometimes, which his other friends laughed at.

Seyoon finished it with joy and put it back to the tray. Her eyes suddenly became wet with tears, and it began to roll down her cheeks. “Thank you for everything, Baekhyun. I should’ve trusted you in the beginning. You gave me a lot of things I don’t have and I really, really want to pay you back. I don’t know how to thank you. It’s like it’s not enough, and I want you to know that I really thank you. A big, big one. You gave me time to rest, you gave me food, you gave me shelter, and gave me joy. Heck, you even gave me a present! Even though food only lasts temporarily, thank you. I know we only met yesterday, but I just really feel like you’re a best friend to me already. I feel like you were even there for me before I even met you. I feel like a princess for being treated like this. Thank you.”

Baekhyun listened to her, and his eyes, too, went wet with tears. Finally! “I know you thank me, Seyoon-ah. I want to say you’re welcome. But I have to tell you the truth. Seyoon, please listen to me.”

Seyoon became shocked. How did he know her name? So she listened.

“Seyoon… I’m actually… an Angel. I’m a guardian Angel. He gave me this job. To protect you. To protect Jung Seyoon for the rest of her life. So I brought you Here. I’ve watched you for your whole life. From a baby to a woman. My duty, is to watch you. To watch you live life good, but I see your life is hard. See, Seyoon-ah. I brought you Here. Why? Do you feel your wounds not hurting anymore? Do you not feel any sickness and worries Here? Can you see the clouds around you? Have you seen my wings? If your answers are all yes, I can explain it to you. First of all, I brought you Here to erase all your worries. Your wounds are not hurting anymore, because I brought you to Heaven. I brought you to my house in Heaven. There are no worries and sadness Here, because He is watching us. He’s taking care of us, and most of all, He loves us. Each and every one of us Here. My wings prove to you that I am really an Angel. I brought you here to help you. To escape from sadness and reality. But This place is also reality. But Seyoon, you are dead. Here also, you are dead. Yes, dead from all of those. Away from people on earth. Now, you’re one of us Angels.” Baekhyun finished.

Before she could react, her whole body shivered, and she could feel something going out in her back. Baekhyun looked up, “Now, you also have wings.” Why did he feel so calm about this?

Seyoon’s tears stopped and she turned her head to see her wings. Her own wings. Flapping freely from any problems. Its color brightened up the Christmas spirit and she could feel herself being happy.

“I’m away from problems?”

“Yes, Seyoon-ah. You’re finally free.” Baekhyun smiled for her. “It feels good, huh. I was also like that when I found out I was an Angel.”

Her lips twitched up to a bright beam and she felt joy all over her body. “This is what it feels to be Eternally happy, doesn’t it?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun chuckled. Seyoon felt a little a little tug on heart to hug him. So she did.

Seyoon squealed with joy for the first time in her life, and she felt alive atmost. “Thank you, Baekhyun!”

Her wings responded with a flap.

Baekhyun reacted right away, "Ani, you shouldn't thank me. Thank Him."

Baekhyun’s heart beat fast and she hugged him back. She pulled back, and Baekhyun felt a little disappointment in his heart. Maybe he wanted to hug her more?

“Your wings are itching. It means it wants to fly.” Baekhyun informed.

“Fly?” Her eyes smiled at him.

---

“You really need training in your wings.” Baekhyun laughed.

“Teach me, Baek.” Seyoon smiled. “Hmm. I’m up for it!” Baekhyun returned a big smile.

Before they could start, Baekhyun’s tummy suddenly growled.

Seyoon laughed. “Y-your s-stoma-ach!” Baekhyun grew red and embarrassed, “Then I guess we’ll eat first, nae? Race to the house?” Baekhyun challenged.

Before she could reply, Baekhyun already flew up.

“Hey! No fair! I don’t know how to handle my wings yet! Hey!” Laughing, she tried to fly up.

Baekhyun chuckled at her from above and smiled. Jung Seyoon, I think I love you.

---

A/N:

Hey, baekyeol_12! I hope you like my one-shot for you! :) chocoduck, remember, this is also for you! :* Was it bad? Long? Short? Or..... Sequel anyone? xD Ahahaha never mind. ^^ If you liked it, subscribe and comment and even upvote at will! :) I will love you for life if you did! Stay tuned for more updates and one-shots from jinjinjin. Peace out! ♥ Oh, and guys, have a Merry, merry Christmas! And Happy New Year also!

[P.S. did you notice that this chapter's font is fatter? I was too lazy to fix the html. sorry xD i love layouts btw♥]