001

Mino, the boy(friend)-next-door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You wake up from slumber, after hearing the sounds of small pebbles scrape against your bedroom window. You are, by nature, a light sleeper, but it doesn’t startle you. The phone by the bedside vibrates as a text from Mino comes in.

“Open up. I can’t sleep, and I miss you. Let’s hang out,” the text says.

Your face heats up, as per every time he says he misses you. Your heart thuds a little harder against your rib cage now. Dull thuds, but it still produces an adrenaline rush and it makes you giddy.

You look at the time. 3AM. “This idiot,” you mumble to yourself. You mentally add ‘lovable’ in the middle of that sentence and smile at the thought. Your boyfriend is a very lovable idiot, and you love him a lot.

You slide your window open, and your smile widens at the sight.

He stands there in his black, sleeveless shirt and washed-out jeans, with his favourite pair of glasses and tops his look off with a beautiful smile. “Hello,” he winks, upon seeing you. His gruff voice sends shivers down your spine. With his hair down, he looks like the epitome of the boy next door.

“Hello yourself,” you playfully respond. “Do you know what time it is?”

“Do I get to come into your house, or are we going to tell time like this while I freeze to death?”

You chuckle to yourself as you make your way down to let him in. As soon as you open the door, he pulls you in for a hug.

“I’m cold,” he reasons. You wrap your arms around him, and attempt to warm him up. “Ahhh,” he sighs, “so this is why people have girlfriends. To warm them up during cold nights.”

"How cheesy. Come on in," you say, playfully pushing him away while pulling away from the embrace.

"Ohhh, suddenly I’m cold again," he smiles cheekily as he walks into the house. "You have anything to eat? I’m hungry."

"You haven’t eaten? It’s late, you should’ve eaten earlier," you sit down on the couch in front of the TV. He sits down next to you and nears his face to yours.

"But I want to eat your egg rolls," he says. "I’m hungrrryyyy~ Dalgyalmari juseyoooo~” he pouts.

You always have a weakness for his aegyo. You can never turn him down, but you aren’t going to the kitchen without taking something in return.

So you stare him down and steal a kiss from his perfectly shaped lips.

You laugh at the surprised look on his face and walk away. He sighs dramatically and puts his hand on his heart. As you reach the kitchen door, you hear his footsteps approach you and he says, “No fair, am I going to get more of that kiss?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter