A Dream

Just A Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nan niga joha, niga joha, niga joha~"A voice sang loudly in a bedroom. Kim Jihyun, an 18 years old teenager was excited because today was a special day for her. She grabbed her hairbrush, pretended it was a microphone and sang. She stood in front of a poster of a boy band and moved her hips, attempting a dance.

She leaned in and kissed a boy in the poster and giggled to herself. Her phone playlist moved on the next song and she started to sing once again.

"Deulliji anheun, neol deuryeuryeo asseuda~" She sang as she brushed her braided her hair in front of her dressing mirror. She looked at the picture she pasted on the side of the mirror and blew a kiss, "Muah!" And giggled again. She tied her braid with a white hairband. Jihyun grabbed her bag from the wardrobe and started putting in her necessities. If you could call albums, marker pens, autograph book and lightsticks as necessities, then yeah.

Jihyun's room was a typical lucky fangirl's room. Posters and pictures of her favourite boy bands filled her walls. A tall shelf was filled will song albums and photobooks. A display rack filled with concert merchandise and goodies. Some concert and showcase tickets were put in a photo album. Pictures of her with her idols were framed and hung on the wall of her room. Yes, Jihyun is one lucky fangirl.

When she was done, she looked at the clock hanging on her wall and cursed. She quickly zipped up her back and dashed out of the room.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!" Jihyun chanted as she ran down the stairs of her house. She ran to the kitchen and picked a sandwich from the table before gulping down a glass of orange juice. "Mom! I'm gonna be late for the showcase! I'll be going now!" Jihyun informed and ran out of her house before her mother could reply.

It was a beautiful spring day in Seoul and everyone was at the park to hang out with their friends or spend time with their family. But not all of them were going to the park today. Some of the teenage girls were busy queuing in front of a hotel's ballroom. Why, you asked? There was a showcase today and it was GOT7's showcase.

As soon as Jihyun got inside the hall, she went to her assigned seat. When all fans settled down, the MC came out and did some introductions until some fans were demanding for GOT7 to come out.

"And now, we bring you the highlight of this showcase. ...GOT7!!" The crowd of fangirl started screaming and cheering as a group of seven good-looking boys strode out from behind the stage. 

"Come and get it! GOT7! Hello, we are GOT7!!" The seven boys chorused and bowed. The crowd screamed louder. "So, GOT7, please introduce yourselves to your fans," The MC told them. One by one, they introduced themselves.

"Hello, I'm GOT7's chic leader, JB!" After the leader's introduction, the members followed suit. As the least member introduced himself, Jihyun sat up straight in her seat. Her anticipation in the boy's introduction was bigger than her anticipation towards the others.

"Hello, I'm GOT7's flying member, Mark!" He bowed. "Wow!" The MC exclaimed and applaused with the crowd. Before they started any activities, the boys went to perform their top debut song, "Girls, Girls, Girls" on stage. As soon the music played in the background, all the girls cheered and sang along at some parts.

The cheers and screams were louder when the 'flying member', Mark, did his flip. Mark set his eyes on the young girl that sat on the front fifth row and gave her a mischievous wink, making the girl blushed madly.

The other girls were screaming in envy and awe.

He winked at me, Jihyun mused. Her heart was beating crazily against her rib. Never once in her life someone— a boy— an idol— winked at her. You could say she was pretty much whipped. Who wouldn't be when a cute guy winked at you? Hm?

After an hour-long chat time and Q&A session with the fans, they had a game with seven lucky fans, hand-picked by the GOT7 members' themselves. "So, Mark! Got anyone that catches your eyes to be your partner in this game?" The MC asked. Mark just grinned and scanned his eyes through the crowds.

All the girls were giving him their best puppy eyes and the flame of hope burned brightly in their eyes. Mark felt guilty that he only had to choose only one of these girls. "Can I just choose all of them?" Mark asked, sounding playful but actually serious. The girls screamed in approval.

"I'd love to comply your wish but too bad, I can't do that. The stage will break down if three hundred people stand on this stage!" The MC joked and all of them laughed. Mark turned back to the crowd across the stage. 

Come on, Mark. You have to choose one. Quick, he urged himself.

Just then, he set his eyes on the same girl he winked just now. He smiled to himself as he held his mic to his lips. "The girl on the fifth row from the front! The one in pink blouse and braided hair!" He said as he pointed to the described girl. Jihyun's eyes widened and her jaw dropped in disbelief. "Me?" Jihyun gaped and pointed a finger at herself. Mark nodded with his cute grin and motioned her to come over.

"Come on up, little girl! This is your only chance to be with your idol, possibly your bias!" The MC teased. Jihyun immediately stood up and walked to the stage. She bowed at the MC and greeted him politely. The MC pulled her to stand next to Mark. Jihyun shyly greeted Mark and bowed. Mark returned the gesture courteously, a grin still plastered on his face, making Jihyun's face pink.

"Before we start the real games, each of you," The MC pointed to the members of GOT7, "will have to flatter your partner with any gesture or performance you can think of. You are given one minute to think of what you will do," The MC announced and started the stopwatch.

One minute passed and the members started their impromptu mini 'project' to melt their partners. The game started with Jackson. The boys sang, danced, created a scenario and did aegyo for their partner.

When came to Mark and Jihyun's turn, Mark decided to make a scenario with Jihyun where they were dating on a cold day. Mark took off his jacket and draped it on her shoulders before wrapping an arm around the girl's shoulders, making the less-lucky fangirls screaming in jealousy.

Even the other six girls on stage were quite jealous with Mark's sweet acts. Jihyun couldn't even mutter a single word and could only let the blood rushed to her cheeks the whole time. She was speechless, embarrassed, scared and happy all at the same time. Scared because she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter