Final.

Moonlight
"You who I can’t touch, who I can’t pull into my arms
Even if I close my eyes, I can’t dream of that mysteriousness
I don’t know how to start moving my pen and finish writing your story
The closer I want to get to you, the more painful and tragic it is"
 
 
The Moon casts a silvery light on Earth when Sunlight reflects off of its surface. Tonight, the moon is nowhere to be seen and all Baekhyun wants is for the light to come back. All Baekhyun wants is for you to be happy. He wants to take the pain away, to see you smile, to hear you laugh and to make your eyes shine the way they did the first time he met you. Baekhyun wants you to stop crying, to stop hurting yourself and to stop going back the bastard who doesn’t deserve you. Baekhyun isn’t asking for you to see him the way he sees you, he isn’t asking for your heart to race like how his races when he’s with you, and he isn’t asking for you to love him back either. Baekhyun doesn’t think he’s asking for much, when the only thing he ever wishes for is for your tears to stop falling from your beautiful eyes.
 
“You can sleep in my room tonight, I don’t mind the couch.” Baekhyun grabs a pair of shorts and one of his smaller t-shirts out of his drawers then hands them to you.
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yeah, I don’t think it’ll be a good idea for you to go back to your place at this hour even if you and Seungtae weren’t fighting.”
 
“Okay…” You take the clothes from Baekhyun’s hands and thank him.
 
Baekhyun looks over at your tear stained face and holds back the urge to wipe his thumb across your cheeks. “Don’t worry about it, what are best friends for? Get some rest okay? You’ve had a long day.”
 
“Thanks Baek, I promise this won’t happen again.”
 
Baekhyun doesn’t reply and walks over to his closet to pull out his spare sheets instead. It’s been two years already and you say the same thing every time. You’d come over and cry because of something Seungtae had done or said and talk about how Seungtae’s actions hurt you, but you always go back to him. You’ll defend him and claim that he didn’t mean the things he said or that he wasn’t thinking. No, you’re the one who isn’t thinking.
 
“Night.”
 
“Night Baek…”

 
Baekhyun wakes up to the sound of fists banging against his front door. He opens his eyes and gets up onto his feet groggily.
 
“Open the door! I know you’re in there! I’m sorry baby, I didn’t mean what I said last night! I love you, you know that right?”
 
Baekhyun scoffs and makes his way to the door. Opening it while suppressing his urge to throw a punch at the standing in front of him.
 
“She’s sleeping, can you keep it down?”
 
“Oh Baek! Hey man, sorry for bothering you. Is she okay?” Seungtae’s dark brown hair is sticking out at odd angles and he looks like he hasn’t slept in days. Serves him right.
 
“No, she’s not okay and you of all people should know that. What the were you thinking?” Baekhyun takes in a deep breath and closes his eyes momentarily. I will not murder my other best friend today.
 
“I don’t know man, Baek, I screwed up big time I know. Can I just.. Can you let me in? I need to talk to her.” Seungtae is leaning forward and his eyes are darting back and forth Baekhyun’s living room.
 
“No, you’re not welcome in my house. You can talk to her when she’s ready, and,” Baekhyun looks over at his clock, “she’s had less than three hours of sleep, so I’m pretty sure that’s not now. I suggest you go back home first.”
 
Seungtae sighs, his shoulders falling in the process. He knows there’s no use fighting Baekhyun over this matter. Seungtae is the one who screwed up and he knows better than to mess with Baekhyun when he’s angry.
 
“Can you let me know when she gets up instead then? I really need to talk to her, it was a misunderstanding and I know she’ll listen to you. You’ll let her know right? I was really drunk and out of my mind. I know it’s no excuse, bu-” Baekhyun has heard enough.
 
“Shut up.” Baekhyun has had enough of this bull.
 
“Huh?”
 
“I said shut up Seungtae. You’ve ed up one too many times. How can you treat your girlfriend like that? You forgot your one month anniversary, you introduced her to your coworkers as an old classmate, she spent her birthday alone last year cause you were too busy with work, you brought one of your business partners as your date to your parents’ Christmas party this year, and last night, you told her you weren’t ready to open up about your relationship cause she’s not up to your parents’ standards. Seriously?! She’s not up to your parents’ standards? Why not? Cause she isn’t from an affluent family like you? Cause she doesn’t make a six figure salary? What’s wrong with being a kindergarten teacher? She likes working with kids and you knew that even before the two of you started dating. Dude, it’s been two years, two ing years, how much longer does she need to wait? Man the up and tell your parents that you don’t want some bratty rich girl and that you’re already dating. Hell, you two are living together now for s sakes. If you can’t take care of her and you can’t do what’s right for this relationship, why the hell are you holding onto her? You should have seen how hurt she was last night.” The veins on Baekhyun’s neck are protruding and his hands are shaking from how angry he feels.
 
“I know, I know… I’m going to fix this. I’m going to tell my parents right now and I’m going to set things straight. Can you just, please tell her I came by? I really nee-”
 
“Seungtae?” Two pairs of eyes look over at you and you feel extremely vulnerable all of a sudden. You don’t want them fighting over you. You guys have been the three musketeers since High School, while Baekhyun and Seungtae have literally been friends since they were in diapers. The three of you are literally inseparable.
 
Before you can take another step towards the door, Seungtae rushes inside and wraps his arms around you, holding you close. “I’m sorry baby, I didn’t mean what I said last night. You’re more than enough for me, heck, you’re too good for me. I’ll bring you over and tell my parents tonight okay? I’m sorry it took me so long.”
 
“It’s okay Seungtae, I understand. I know I’m not good enough.” Biting your lips, you try your best to hold back your tears but they fall anyway. “Your parents won’t accept me and I’ve known that from day one. I walked into this relationship fully aware of the consequences. I’m sorry for pushing you, I know it’s hard on you too.”
 
Baekhyun can’t believe his ears. There you go blaming yourself again when you didn’t do anything wrong.
 
“No, babe, don’t apologize to me. I’m the one who was stupid. I’m sorry for hurting you and I’m going to make things right.” Seungtae cups your cheeks in his hands and wipes the tears that are falling from your eyes. “Please don’t cry anymore. I’m sorry.”
 
“I don’t want you to be sorry anymore Seungtae.” You bury your face into Seungtae’s chest and wrap your arms around his back as you sob.
 
“I know…” Seungtae’s grip on you tightens. “Shh, it’s okay,” Seungtae then moves your bangs out of your eyes and places a soft kiss onto your forehead, “ let’s go back home okay?” You look up at Seungtae and nod
 
Baekhyun watches the entire exchange with his fists clenched and his teeth digging into his bottom lip. Again. Just like that you forgive him again. You’ll always go back to him no matter how much he s up cause that’s what love does to people. Love makes you stupid and it blinds you. You don’t see the other person’s fault cause in your eyes they’re perfect. They’re so ing perfect it ing hurts. It ing hurts cause no matter how much Baekhyun loves you, you’ll never love him back. He’d do anything for you, do anything to make you smile, but you’ll never look at him the way you look at Seungtae.
 
“Baek?”
 
Baekhyun shakes his head and pulls himself out of his thoughts. He looks over at you and notices that your hands are in Seungtae’s. He opens and closes his own fists. Empty.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Thanks… you know, for being there. I’m sorry for bothering you all the time. It won’t happen again.” You let go of Seungtae’s hand momentarily and give Baekhyun a quick hug. “I don’t think I could ask for a better friend than you Baek. Thanks again.”
 
Baekhyun forces a smile onto his face. “No worries, just, don’t fight anymore you two.” Baekhyun looks up at Seungtae and sighs. “Treat her right okay?”
 
“I will. Thanks for taking care of her while I was getting my together. You’re the best.”
 
“I know.” Baekhyun chuckles as Seungtae pulls him in for a hug as well. “Now get out of my house you hooligans. I need me some sleep.”
 
You walk out the door with Seungtae and turn around to give Baekhyun another wave.
 
“I’ll return these tomorrow okay?”
 
“Don’t worry about it.”
 
Holding his breath, Baekhyun closes the door and locks it. He waits a few minutes before falling onto his knees and letting his own tears fall. His throats constricts painfully and the hollow pit beneath his chest begins to throb. Someone take this pain away and make it stop. Please.
 
 
 
Fin.