Now, In the Future, Forever

Now, In the Future, Forever

“SNSD jjang!”

“SNSD unnies fighting!”

“congratulations!”

“beauty, talent amd humor. Now those are our girls! J”

“I love you!!!!”

 

Eyes becoming watery, Tiffany smiled as she reads the comments written after their comeback.  As she scrolls down to read more comments she heard the girls coming;

 

“fany-ah!” shouts Sunny

“unnie! What are you doing?” cuts Yoona

“I was just looking at these” replied Tiffany

“Now let’s go downstairs and party!” says the overly excited Hyoyeon grabbing both Sunny and Yoona down.

 

The three girls joined the others in the living room.  Tiffany stopped to admire the unspoken happiness and team work she sees in the girls.  She watched Taeyeon and Sooyoung set the table, Seohyun cutting fruits, Sunny taking drinks out of the fridge, Yuri and Yoona chasing Jessica just to and Hyoyeon bursting into hilarious dance moves after plugging in the speakers.  She smiles as she looks at the as if choreographed movements of the girls.  They have been together for quite a while now.  They know each other very well and they certainly do not need spoken words to know how one feels.  They just move accordingly, this probably is the result of all the years they’ve been together, through good and hard times, they were always together. 

 

“Yah! Kids! Stop playing, food is ready!” announces Taeyeon.

 

The girls happily gathered together around the table.  This has been a tradition.  Every after their comeback, the girls gather together for dinner just to talk about everything since according to them, is something they wouldn’t be able to do days before comeback because of too much pressure, stress, exhaustion and busy schedule.  This also could be the chance to say their thoughts and say their sorrys for being too cranky or just simply being hot tempered.

 

“Congratulations for another comeback! Thank you for being patient when we were tired and I started to act up.” Says the apologetic Sunny.

“well you could have just pushed Yoona off the stairs!” blurted Teayeon.

The girls laughed so hard.  As they were eating, they were telling stories and the room was filled with satisfaction and sincere happiness.

 

“It has been a while now since we debuted huh?” asked Sooyoung.

“That’s right, it’s been a while” confirms Yuri.

“Do you remember those days?”

“Oh Jessica unnie! How could we forget?” says Seohyun

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

The girls are having a water break from a whole day practice.  They have been working day and night, perfecting their dance steps because in just few hours, they will be performing on live stage for the first time.

 

“Ahh! Ottoke?! Less than 8 hours before we debut” says the nervous Jessica.

“Will people like us? Ohh! Manager oppa ottoke?”  -Tiffany

Their manager oppa just laughed at his nervous talents.

 

After few hours of practicing the nervous girls arrived at the backstage.  In few minutes, they will be singing and dancing in their own song, live.  They are gathered in a circle just holding each other’s hands.

 

“This is what we worked on.  This is what we want.  This is our dream, remember?  We worked hard for this performance and it’s time to give it all in.  Let’s do our best! Fighting!” encouraged Sooyoung.

 

“Girls’ Generation please come out now!” calls out the PD

 

“Fighting!” cheers Seohyun

“Jigeumen!” screams Hyoyeon and in unison the girls shouted “SO NYEO SHI DAE!” they hugged and cheered.  Eventually, they went out of the room.

 

They are now standing on stage with a crowd cheering them on.  With their hearts pounding out of their chests, there is nothing they could do but to support each other on stage and just grasp the dream that is already on the palm of their hands.  The music has finally started and this is it, the things that they have sacrificed, the time they spent away from their family, the restless time they spent practicing and training, the tears and sleeplessness nights, is now finally paying off.  This performance will be a gateway.  Their gateway that will serve as an exit to their trainee and weary days and also an entrance to their bright and successful future.

 

The girls sang gracefully and danced synchronously, as the song reaches the end, the crowd cheered loudly and the girls were happy and very thankful to the crowd giving them 90 degree bows.

 

The girls who were praised and was immediately loved by the crowd went back to their dorm happily.  After watching their performance on the internet, smiles slowly formed each of the members’ lips as they review the positive comments regarding their performance.  That night, the members slept with smile on their faces and happy and satisfied hearts.

 

They started the next day early for there are left and right appearances that they had to do.  While they were on their way, Yuri looked over the internet to see how they are doing.

 

 

“Disrespectful member”

“Stay away from our oppa!”

“They can’t even sing!”

 

What is this?” asked the confused Yuri and showed it to Seohyun and Tiffany

“Disrespectful member?” says Tiffany who was on the verge of tears. ( This issue all started when Tiffany allegedly didn’t greet her seniors.)

 

“It’s ok unnie.  They must have misunderstood” comforts the ever positive maknae.

Sica?!” says Tiffany after seeing the leaked picture of her with super junior’s Donghae

How could they write such comments? She isn’t doing anything.”  - Yuri

 

They remained quiet throughout the travel.  They met up with the oblivious members who were happily chatting and playing with each other.

 

“Hey! Something happened with the three of you” asked the concerned Jessica

“ahh no. just nervous” lied Yuri.  The three agreed to keep the comments to themselves at least after the performance.  They don’t want the others to feel the burden they are feeling right at that moment.

 

Girls’ Generation was able to perform perfectly with the crowd cheering them on very loudly.

 

After a very hectic day, the girls are finally at their dorm.  With weary eyes and tired body, the other members dragged themselves to Hyoyeon and Seohyun’s room just to bug them and at least be their dorky selves after a long busy day.  The room is filled with the girls’ laughter.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?”  asked Sooyoung

Yuri and Tiffany sighed while the maknae looked at her unnies’ faces

“Seohyun knows something” – Yoona

“They’ve been like this since they arrived at the music show” noticed Sunny

“Something happened on your way there?” – Taeyeon

 

The rest darted their killer stares at Seohyun whom couldn’t lie especially to her unnies.

 

Well…” stutters the poor maknae who was put under the spotlight

“What is it?” asked the curious Hyoyeon

“Amm.. Yuri unnie was looking through the internet and saw articles and comments…”

“Ahh… bad enough to upset you?” jokes Hyoyeon

“bad enough to upset us” Yuri stressing the word “us”

 

The girls froze from what they heard.  Could this be the one they feared the most? Haters?

 

“What’s on it” –Yoona

The three remained silent and just shook their heads.

 

“Hey! Come on! WE are in this together, right? We are a team, we are a family” – Sooyoung

“She’s right.  You can’t get through this alone.  We will face this together” says the concerned leader, Taeyeon.

 

They saw the articles and the bashful comments giving every member a blow on their heart.  Unknowingly, the members are already shedding tears.  Tears not from success or happiness but from pain and heartache.  There was silence that only sobs were heard, this was immediately cut by Taeyeon’s phone ringing:

 

*Phone conversation*

 

Taeyeon: “Unnie?”

It is Boa who’s calling them

Boa: “hey, are you crying?”

Taeyeon: *sobs*

Boa: “Oh no! Something happened huh? Are you with the members?

 

Indeed, she knows the girls very well.

 

Taeyeon: “Yes…”

Boa: “You didn’t read internet reports, did you?”

Taeyeon just remained silent

Boa: “turn your speakers on” demanded the unnie

 

Taeyeon obediently turned the speakers on

 

Boa: “hey kids!”

All the girls: “Unnie!”

Boa: “What did I tell you about the internet?”

Jessica: “Unnie, why is it like that?  People were cheering for us” asked the confused Sica

Boa: “This is a chaotic world we are in.  People differ in opinions and preferences.  We can’t please everyone.  Prove them they are wrong.  Hey! You got your fans!”

Tiffany : “When will this end unnie?”

Boa: “You are all beautiful and nice people.  Ant none of you deserves any of this.  Sooner or later, this will end but for now, you need to stay strong together, ok?”

Girls:Thank you, unnie!”

Boa: “Alright! Anyways, I called so I could congratulate you with your beautiful performances.  You were amazing!”

Yoona: “really?”

Boa: “Yes!  I’m looking forward to your next performances.”

Sunny: “but…?”

Boa: “No buts!  There are people who are cheering for you.  Now, do you want to disappoint thee people who love you?”

Girls: “No.”

Boa: “Then be strong.  Ok, do this with me, JIGEUMEN!”

as if a reflex. “SO NYUH SHI DAE” the girls shouted in unison.

Boa: “now those are my girls.  My beautiful dongsaengs”

Girls: “Thank you, unnie! For the first time, the girls were able to smile.

Boa: “Always welcome my dears!  Give unnie a call anytime!”

 

 As soon as they hung up, the girls gave each other hugs and went to their bedrooms.

 

The girls gained a lot of fans and haters grew bigger.  This is maily because of their extreme closeness to their SM oppas.

 

“This is tiring! What have I done this time?!” Frustration and pain filled Jessica’s voice.

Jessica has been the most calm regarding every rumors, be it about her or the other members.  She was the one who doesn’t seem to care.  Today though, she had enough and just blurted out of frustration and desperation.

 

“I’m done here! I’m going to shut this down!” Jessica is talking about her twitter account which was filled with hateful mentions.

 

The girls felt her pain.  They know how much she enjoys updating her twitter account.

 

“Shh… unnie, how will you talk to your fans then?” the innocent maknae trying to console her.

“It’s enough, I had too much” says the regretful Jessica.

The rest remained silent for they know Sica has been hurt too much.  She, Tiffany and Taeyeon has become the most affected among the members. (Sica being hated by other fanbases, Tiffany bashed because of being oblivious to Korean culture and Taeyeon being questioned for her leadership).

 

Regardless, they tried to ignore the negative comments about them and just focused to their fans.  Time has passed and the girls were everywhere.  They appeared on every variety show, music program, concert and so on.  This gave the girls a chance to express themselves with their pure hearts; they were able to prove the rumors wrong.  They did nothing but be themselves on and off camera, gaining so much attention from people.  Not only fans, but also viewers and ‘antis’ that eventually became fans, adored the girls.  Since their debut, they worked harder and harder as they face a bigger and louder crowd cheering them on.

 

With the girls busy schedules, new albums being released and over the top fame and love they are receiving, they remained united, a family and most of all, humble.  They never forgot to praise God with all the success they have received and they never failed to give back the love they are receiving from fans.

 

In an award ceremony, they were nominated in two of the most coveted awards of the night.  The girls just sat there nervously watching other artists perform.  They already mentioned in a program that being a nominee together with great artists is already an honor.  The performance ended and presenters came out.  They were talking but the girls can not absorb what they were saying due to extreme nervousness.

 

“This year’s song of the year goes to…” crowd cheers “OH! By So Nyuh Shi Dae!” announces the happy and proud presenter. 

Everyone cheered while the girls were still in awe and shock.  The presenter continued talking. “And my task here isn’t quite done yet.  Everyone I bring you, your 2010 artist of the year, So Nyuh Shi Dae!.” The cheer grew louder and even Super Junior, Shinee, Kara and other artists went to the SNSD table to congratulate them.  The shocked girls were persuaded to go on stage to accept their awards. 

 

 

“SO NUH SHI DAE! SO NYUH SHI DAE!” cheers the crowd

The cheer grew even louder as the, already, crying members made their way to the stage.  Shocked from what just happened, the girls hold on to each others’ hand for support.  With each others’ hand and enormously loud support they are receiving from fans gave the members enough strength to make it on stage without falling on their knees.

 

“Everyone, the recipient of the most prestigious awards of the night: Song of the Year and Artist of the year, SO NYUH SHIDAE!”  announces the presenter.  Still, the cheer didn’t stop.  The girls tried to manage their composure but emotions still overpowered, they burst into tears again.  In between sobs, Sooyoung managed to say “Thank you very very very much for this.  Lee Soo Man Songsaegnim, to our manager oppa thank you.  To super Junior sunbaenim, DBSK sunbaenim, Boa sunbaenim and everyone thank you.

 

“Thank You, God. We will not be here if not for you.  And sones! Thank you!” says the thankful Tiffany.

“SNSd is here because you believe in us, sones.” Cheer grew even louder “we shine because of you and we shine brighter only if we are together” adds Yuri.

“SNSD and sones will forever be one!” says Sunny.

“We will work harder for you sones! Thank you! We love you!” says Taeyeon.

 

**FLASHBACK ENDS**

 

The girls are just smiling thinking of the things happened to them.

“Wasn’t an easy start, huh?” –Yoona

“Definitely Not!” protests Jessica then they all laughed.

“oh well, at least we have our manager Hwang who kept us grounded and strong back then huh?” jokes Hyoyeon

“Was I that bad?” demands Tiffany.

Everyone just laughed with the humor.

 

Among the members, Tiffany was the one who struggled the most.  During the hard times, the only family that she had was SNSD.  She had to work extra to enhance her Korean skills.  She was often misunderstood by people because of the different culture she knew growing up (This is the reason why she kept her eyes open not only to protect herself but also the image of the members).  These could be reasons for her to give up, but she didn’t.  This is mainly because of two reasons; first is her drive to reach her dreams and secondly, it’s because of the supportive and caring family that she has, SNSD. 

 

 

Now, the girls smile as they remember those nights where they would just cry and console each other, the nights where one would suddenly scream because the others had just pulled prank on another member or simply those nights where they would just talk to each other. 

 

“Eh! What are we smiling about?” asked Hyoyeon while laughing.

“Nothing! I  am just blessed to have you” verbalized Tiffany

“aishh!” everyone reacts.

“why don’t we have a toast” proposed Yoona

They raised their glasses “To a successful comeback and a happy anniversary to us!” says the leader, Taeyeon.

“Now, in the future, until forever! Happy anniversary girls” says Yuri with a big smile painted on her face.

 

They watched their comeback video and read comments.  Everyone was crying.  They remained silent with tears running down their cheeks.  Just like when they saw their first ever performance, they were crying, this time they are crying not because of pain but because of happiness, because of the love that they are receiving.

 

“Indeed, we have the greatest fans.” Spits out the emotional maknae.

With glee on her eyes, a smile on her face and a joy in her heart, Tiffany said “Happy 15th anniversary girls.” The girls smiled and just hugged each other.