Chapter 1

Winner - who's next? With a little twist

‘CONGRATS!’  Loud screams and party poppers filed the air. With prior knowledge my family knew how much I hate surprises, but being the centre of attention, I didn’t make a scene. Because today was the last time I will see them, the last day I would hug my parents, the last day I would... see them smile. Tomorrow would be the day I would fly to Korea alone, pursuing my dream of performing on stage. A stage that I one day hope to make history. Being 17 and the only daughter of a surgeon and a lawyer, you could imagine the reaction I got when I announced my dream profession. I was more determined than ever to prove my seriousness, succeeding all three rounds proved to my parents that I may have a chance. But now tomorrow is the day I leave, can I do it? Will I be able to...

‘Everyone please listen up’ A familiar voice disrupted my thoughts

‘I would like to thank everyone for attending; I would like to say how much we love you ___, and how proud you make us. Ever since you were born, your mother and I knew you would grow up to do great things! We wished you stayed, but it will be wrong as parents to stifle your growth. And don’t forget, we still expected A’s on your report card.’

Leaving the crowd laughing and cheering, dad step off the elevated platform wrapping his arm around me. Trying to memorise dad for the last time, I nestled my head on his chest. Smelling his favourite and over used colon, with my other hand I just able to reach my mother’s shoulder. Feeling so at home, the hug felt like it lasted for a life time.  Finally letting go of the strong embrace, I took the mic from dad and proceed to the stage.

‘LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTEDD!’

  • The following day –

‘You need to wake up because I said so, If you don’t wake you’ll may miss your chance to meet prince charming.  _____, wake up! I swear if you don’t I’ll...’

I slam dunk that stupid alarm my cousin gave me, she’s into techy stuff and thought that making a ringtone that lectures me in the morning was a good idea. Forcefully pulling my eyes open which lead to a yawn. Unfortunately my parents couldn’t see me off; unwillingly I get out of bed and sit on the toilet.  While brushing my teeth because the under the toilet had a rug and the sink didn’t. Getting attached to the warm, I slipped into a light sleep, trying to slip back into my dream of me being one of the first humans to fly. I woke from a loud banging and a male voice screeching ‘Taxi’ , Oh lord I’m not even  ready. Running out of the bath room and into my room, as fast as I could I unlashed the window and screamed ‘I’ll be out in five minutes!’  Thank the heavens I packed my bag yesterday, without a second passing, I threw off my pyjamas. Pulled a sweat pants under my bed, I frantically looked for a clean shirt, looking at the top draw in my wardrobe. A strong smell invaded my nose, ‘oh god, I smell like . Well I feel sorry for the person I’ll be sitting next to for the next 10 hours.’ Still trying to find a top, a loud car horn came from outside.

 ‘If you don’t come out in the next 2 mins, I’m leaving!’ shouted the clearly pissed driver

With that said, I stopped searching for a top and put on a zip hoodie. I know I look like a homeless alien, but I was more terrified of my parents if missed the plane  than a couple of stranger’s opinion.  I grabbed my suitcase and ran out of the house, making sure I closed the door I threw my suitcase in the car boot and Jumped in the back seat. As I was putting on my seat beat, I could see the driver looking up and down at my attire. After eyeball scanning me, he finally drove the car.

Finally feeling at ease, I dived into the front pocket of my suitcase to go on my phone. I moved my hand freely in the front pocket... maybe a little bit too freely. I picked up the suitcase and began frantically searching. ‘Oh god’ that’s all I kept thinking... how can leave my Phone with paid for credit and international calls at home.

‘Oh ’

------------------------------------------

Hi guys, so this is the first chapter hence the title. I hope you guys like it so far. Please comment and subsribe if you want chapter 2 :)