End

A New Beginning

EUNB POV 

'Good job girls !' Our dearest leader, Ashley said to all of us after our performance at KBS Open Concert in DaeGu. With this performance, it ended our promotions of our album 'Kiss Kiss' which had received many positive feedback from our fans and the public too. Even though we did not managed to top any charts or win any awards from the various music shows, just being able to perform with my dearest group mates is enough for me. Also, the fans who have stayed with us since Day 1 and the others who joined later served as motivation for us to keep on producing our unique kind of music. 

After getting some light refreshments backstage, we were preparing to leave the venue and head back to our dorm in Seoul. Luckily, tomorrow was our rest day ! We are free of our schedules for the next week as a reward for our successful comeback. There are so many things that I wanted to do in the next week with my family members and my group mates as well. Wanting to get rest right away, we went to our van hurriedly and sat down. 

'I'm so tiredd !' Rise exclaimed

'Me too I wanna sleep right now !' Zuny agreed. 

'It's my birthday tomorrow and all you girls think about is sleep' SoJung pouted, showing her discontentment jokingly. 

'Anniya sojung-ie, we have prepared for you something later in the day ! We can't possibly celebrate right now its almost midnight already ! Dont worry we promise we will surprise you tomorrow !' Ashley replied, with a smile on her face. 


What if there is no tomorrow? 

 

'Arraso unnie, it's a promise !' SoJung replied cheerfully 

'Why are you guys still so talkative at this time?? I thought all of you were tired?' Manager Oppa, who was driving the car, asked. 

'Oppa, group mates always come first before sleep !' Ashley said. 

'Yeah !' RiSe, SoJung, Zuny and me agreed in unison 

We place our hands together and shouted, 'Hanah, dul, Seh, Ladies Code Fighting ! We will always be together !' 


Little did we know that that was the last 'Fighting' that we will do as a group.. 

'Seriously, you girls are the best ! Get some sleep alright you had a long day today !' Manager Oppa replied. 

'Neh oppa, gomawo !' I said

'Oppa, you also need to rest. It's a long day for you too !' RiSe said

'Gwenchana, I will rest after sending you girls back to your dorm' 

'Gomawo Oppa, for always fetching us here and there' Zuny said

All of us that decided to get some rest right away before reaching our dorm. After all, we were planning a surpirse for SoJung's birthday tomorrow morning and will have to wake up earlier to prepare. Therefore, in order to catch up on our sleep, we had to rest on our car ride back to Seoul which was quite long. 


I woke up with a start. I saw that the others were still sleeping soundly as I got up. I looked outside the window and saw that we were nearing Incheon already, which means that we are reaching back Seoul soon. The Van was getting colder as the rain got bigger outside. There was a huge thunderstorm outside and the rain drops were hitting the windows of our van like fallen leaves. 

Out of the blue, our car started skidding and turning.

'Oppa what is happening??!' I asked, totally in disbelief of what is happening right now

'THE DARN WHEEL WHY DID IT - ' Manager oppa yelled at the top of his voice as I saw him struggling to control the van. All my other group mates woke up after the commotion and were struggling to stay in their seats while the van kept turning.  

'OPPA THERE IS A WALL IN FRONT !' Ashley exclaimed. 

But it was too late. We crashed onto the wall headfirst. I hit my head against the car window. I felt pain coming but it only lasted for seconds. I out after that


After I regained consciousness, I looked around me. Strange, I thought. After knocking into the window of the van so hard, I had no injuries on my body. However, I saw RiSe, who was sitting beside me covered in blood, with her head distorted. 

'RISE !' I screamed, 'RiSe unnie don't scare me please, please wake up. Don't die on me RiSe, no I can't take it .. '

'SOJUNG !' I screamed again, as I saw the person beside RiSe, covered in blood as well. 'No SoJung you can't die, it's your birthday today, it is suppose to be a happy day no..' 

I went outside the van and wanted to seek help from others. Luckily, I saw paramedics outside and shouted, 'Help ! Help ! There are people injured in the car badly. I beg you please come ..' However, no matter how loud I shouted, they didn't seem to hear me. I saw Ashley and Zuny beside them and relief engulfed me like never before. Thank God, Ashley and Zuny were fine. They were sitting down beside the paramedics but were receiving some emergency treatment from them. I wanted to rush to them right away to tell them about RiSe and SoJung but at this moment, I saw them removing a body out from the car. No THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING RISE NOR SOJUNG SHOULD BE DEAD. I screamed and shouted in sadness as I approached the body, and saw who was removed. 

I was wrong

It was neither SoJung nor RiSe.

But yet I didn't feel happy at all 

You Know why?

The Body removed, was me

Me MySelf. 

I felt like the whole world came crashing down at me. Me? I died? I died at this young age, while pursuing my dreams. Why did I deserve to die? God, you are so unfair. Why? What did I do? All I did was trying to accomplish my dreams. I worked so hard to get here. Why? Why did this happen? Not only to me, but to all of us. RiSe and SoJung, I don;t even know whether they are alive right now. I may be dead, but I want them to live. To continue living their life and fulfilling their dreams. Please God, I beg you. If you didn't managed to save me, please save the others. Please, It's my last and final wish that I have.. I kneeled down and begged for their lives. 

It was as though God understood my sincerity. 

'They are still breathing !' A paramedic, who was in the wrecked car said. 

'Good ! Bring the stretcher quick ! We got to bring them back to the hospital fast !' The other paramedic replied. 

Relief never felt like this before. I was so relieved. 

At this point of time, I see a bright light approaching me, and a voice said, 'Go Eun Bi. Are you ready to continue with your next phase? After life.'

'Can you give me the chance to talk to my family members and group mates first? Please' I said

'Sure, I will be waiting' the voice replied and the white light engulfed me and took me to another place. The place was filled with warmth and there was white light everywhere. It almost seem like I was in heaven already. 

At that place, I saw all my group mates Ashley, RiSe, SoJung, Zuny and my family members, my dad and my mom 

'Everyone... I'm so sorry...' was all I could managed to say 

'Silly girl, what are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong,' My Dad hugged me and said. 

'You will always be our favourite daughter that we will never forget.' My mum added

'Dad, Mom... I'm sorry .. I can't be a filial daughter and take care of both of you till old...' 

'Don't worry, we will be fine,' My dad said simply. My Mom nodded, with a smile on her face.

Seeing them like this, I couldn't help but broke down immediately. Knowing that this will be the last time that I will see them breaks my heart so so much..

As I was crying, I felt someone hugging me from behind. The hug was so familiar, so friendly. I turn back and saw who she was

'Bit Na ( Ashley's real name) Unnie... I'm so glad that you are fine after the accident. Don't mind me ok. Continue to promote as Ladies Code without me...' I said as I continued sobbing

'What do you mean without you? Ladies Code will always have 5 members, and we will always be 5.' Bit Na unnie replied

'Eun B unnie, gomawo. I know that you were the one that begged for me and RiSe unnie to live, even after you died.' SoJung said, as she embraced me as well.

'Yeah Eun B, thanks so much. We will never forget you, even after a long long time. We promise to remember you forever.' RiSe said, as she hugged me too.

'Eun B unnie ! Don't worry about us ok ! We will be fine, move on to the place that you have to go to. However, we will still miss you but you will be forever in our hearts,' maknae Zuny said, as she came forward and embrace me like how the others did.

'Everyone... Thank you so much.. I also don't wish to leave you guys right now .. But I guess I have to accept it .. Please don't worry about me as well, I will be fine. And also, please carry on with each of your own lives, do not stop producing music because of my death, I wouldn't want you girls to do that for me. I guess its time to bid our last farewell now ..

'Go, don't look back. Don't pity us. We will get over it soon. Continue on your journey ok?' My dad said lastly, before ending off with 'Saranghae EunB. We all love you,'  

I nodded

'Are you ready for a new beginning in your life now?' The voice from before asked.  

'I'm ready,' I replied. 

'Let's go, ' the voice said as my group mates and family members were disappearing one by one. I waved goodbye to all of them for the last time and followed the white light and the voice, to a new beginning of my after life. 



That's the end of this short story that I wanted to write about out of respect to Eun B. In this fanfic, I'm trying to express a different message from what has been on the news and the internet so far. Yes, we are all sad about her death. But however, things can't be changed anymore. We can learn many lessons from this incident but I feel that we should move on from this as soon as we can. No, I'm not telling all of you to forget about her. Never. Eun B has been such an inspiring person  who has worked so hard to get to where she was. We should all remember her in our hearts but we should know that the dead can't be revived. On the other hand, lets pray for the other Ladies Code members. And also, rest in peace Ri Se, who was confirmed to have passed away earlier after fighting for survival for about 4 days. I pray for Eun B and RiSe's family members and friends and I also hope for a speedy recovery for SoJung, Ashley and Zuny. 

Lastly, I sincerely hope that Ladies Code can come back in the future and continue to produce good music like they have  since 2013. 

#RIPEunB #RIPRiSe #StayStrongLadiesCode 


You will always be remembered in our hearts.