Final

I Can't

"I can't move on. I admit I think too much but... He's my ex-best friend before Kiko became his girl. I have feelings for him, but I keep lying to myself that I don't. I really can't," Chaerin told Dara, holding back her tears. 


     Chaerin and Dara are in the cafeteria. Recording had ended 2 hours ago and they are finally done with their song. Both of them are friends since predebut, met each other since they happened to be in the same group. But their friendship grew more and more over the years. A complicating year for Chaerin. 


     "He's with Kiko now. Jiyongie is with Kiko now. We are just colleagues or maybe friends. He promised you that you will always be his friend, but don't you think that contradicts his actions?" Dara asked as she ate her frozen yogurt she just bought. 

     "It is contradicting! I mean like, I have feelings for him and I confessed. We agreed to remain friends and I told him I just want to move on but look at me now. I missed him. I don't have the right to tell him not to meet other girls just because he's my crush, but if possible I want him to only see me," Chaerin replied her as she ate her chicken sandwich. 

     "Did he called or text you?" Dara asked and looked at Chaerin. 

     "No, but I don't think I can bring myself to meet him. Even if I bump into him anywhere, I will most likely avoid him," Chaerin answered and stopped eating. 

     "Why?" Dara asked and looked at her friend. 

     "Because it feels like Jiyong Oppa and me are total strangers despite his promise. He was always there for me, when I cry and laugh. He is always cheering me up but now everything had turned into a past tense," Chaerin answered. 

    "Do you go to places where you and him used to go?" Dara looked at her frozen yogurt. 

    "I hate those places now. The restaurant at Gangnam station, Coex Mall. Luckily they renovated the park nearby," Chaerin spoke her heart out. 

    "Wow, that is really unexpected," Dara ate her yogurt. 

    "And I even hate the habits I took in from him. He's like a lingering shadow in my heart," Chaerin choked in her tears. 

    "Let it all out to me," Dara looked at Chaerin. 

    "I want to meet him but I don't want to see him. I want to hear his voice but I don't want to call him. I need him but I hate him," Chaerin held back her tears. 

    "Eventually, if you cry now, he is not here for you. He is no longer here for you," Dara spoked her thoughts. 

    "That's what I said! He contradicts. Can't you see? We are friends but near strangers," Chaerin lose it and begins to cry. 

    "So, he is just making promises to soothe your heart?" Dara asked she put down her cup of yogurt. 

    "I guess... It should be like that... I don't know..." Chaerin answered in between her sobs. 

    "It's okay, I am here," Dara ran to Chaerin and hugged her.


    Chaerin hugged Dara tightly. She is thankful that Dara  is here for her. Somehow, she kept feeling vulnerable lately. She wants to move on but she is unsure. Her mind and her heart are jumbled up. She just erased her thoughts as she fought for peace under Dara's hug. 

 


Sorry if it's really really short. But I hoped that you liked it~~ :) Do comment down below, and yeah. It's a true story from me and what I had been through.