Chapter 1

Paranoid

 

Luna’s POV

I’ve been uncomfortable lately.

It’s always the same feeling…

Paranoia.

The past week I’ve noticed my anxiety has been at an all-time high. I can’t shake off the feeling that I’m being watched constantly, and I think I know by who.

The scary thing is I have no idea who he is.

Whenever I see him I only catch a glimpse of him. I could be in a large crowd of people but I still can point him out. Everything around us slows down, like time has frozen. We look at each other and no words are exchanged, although I doubt any could due to the distance between us.

I get chills from the way he looks at me. It’s always that same look…

A look of want.

There is also a smirk on his face, that infamous smirk. He looks like he’s up to something in that short amount of time our eyes meet, but as soon as I blink he’s gone. I try to ignore what just happened but his presence still lingers. His face, his eyes, his smirk, they all remain engraved in my memory.

Rationally speaking I must be imagining this right? I mean logically my mind must be playing tricks on me. Maybe he and I have the same route and we just so happen to keep meeting awkwardly. That’s what I keep telling myself. Maybe I am overreacting, but there’s just this feeling of danger that I can’t ignore.

I dread walking back to my apartment after classes because I swear I hear an extra set of footsteps behind me. I’ve also noticed that I’ve developed OCD like behavior. Before sleeping I have to: check all the rooms and closets, make sure the front door is locked, close all the blinds, have a night light on in my bedroom, and talk on the phone with my boyfriend until I fall asleep.

I’ve had this routine for the past week now. If I don’t do this in this exact order, I won’t sleep.