We were both young (1)

Peter Pan

Chanyeol walked home from school on that afternoon. The sun is blazing hot as he stared blankly at the blue sky, which seemed to be dark grey all around him. Althought the sun shines brightly, but for him, his life was dark, as dark as there were no more no more stars or moon that lighten up the night. His life was full of emptiness. There are no other words that could describe his life other than... empty.dark.cold.sadness.

 

 

He turned around when suddenly laughter filled the lonely road. It was his classmates, Zelo, Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun and also... Kris. He could only looked at them as they walked pass through him like he was invisible. He could hear clearly that they were talking qbout some interesting stuff like Daehyun got a bicycle for his birthday. 

A bicycle..

A present that Chanyeol really wanted to  as his father promised him since he was 5 years old.

It had been four years as he was turning nine on that year.

When the road finally became lonely again, Chanyeol realised that he had been daydreaming when suddenly a hand patted his shoulder. He didn't realised that Kris had been standing next to him. "Hey, you had been daydreaming..... for approximately.. 3 minutes" Kris smiled. "Oh... I'm sorry about that." Chanyeol looked at his best friend confusingly.

His life's hardships taught him to be more matured. Every evening, Chanyeol would help his mother at the grocery shop that had been inherited by Park family for generations. But, bussiness was quite slow as people around their housing area had migrated to the city rather than stuck at the countryside.

Both of them said goodbye to each other before walking in separate ways as they had reached a junction. "Would you mind if I come to your shop today?" Kris asked. "Emm.. maybe not today. How about tomorrow?" Kris just nodded and continued his journey.

Chanyeol walked straight towards his home, and he didn' t habe the idea why he stopped as he looked at a playground which situated at his left. He stared at the playground, blankly. He wondered why there were no people nor children played there? As he looked around, he could hear the creaking sound of the swing. His gaze locked at a little boy with his blue kindergarden uniform with his yellow schoolbag on his back. He then came back to his senses again. It's afternoon. It's impossible for a little boy to play at the playground alone without any supervisions since there were many child losts cases lately.

Worried about the toddler, Chanyeol took a step forward. As he stepped forward and getting nearer to the little boy. His eyes still didn't look away. 

"HYUNG!!!!!"

The little boy shouted as he ran towards Chanyeol and hugged him tightly. Chanyeol was totally puzzled. He took a look at the little boy. He has brown eyes with his golden chestnut hair that suits perfectly for him.

"Hyung, can you play with me?????" The little boy pleaded. 

"No." Chanyeol answered. He was afraid if someone would think that he wanted to kidnap the cute little boy, eventhough it wad quite impossible because he was just 9 years old.

The little boy pouted. "Pleaseeeeeeeeeee...." This time, he smiled widely that could clearly shown his white line of teeth.

After a lot of attempt, Chanyeol finally played with him.

Both of them sat at the swing after a while. "Hyung... that was fun.. " The little boy smiled, as if the world had been so easy for him. 

"Hey, I was wondering..... What is your name?"

"Byun.... Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun.. Chanyeol thought to himself. Beautiful name.

"So... how old are you?"

Baekhyun didn't answered, but he just showed his five fingers, indicating that he was five years old.

Chapter to be continued.............

----------------------------------------------------

Author's note

So........ how about the first chapter? Please leave me your comments or any suggestions so  I can improve !

Oh, and by the way, I wrote this chapter in my handphone and it was quite hard..mm sorry for all the typos and grammatical errors!