Rude

Bullies

Seulgi knew that having a favorite student was a terrible thing to do as a teacher, but she could not help it. Tiny fluff ball Wendy was a literal angel that even Joy could not resist. But was it because she was like a puppy? Anyway, Joy loved her. 

 

Which led us to a question Seulgi had had for a long time—why would Irene bully Wendy? Irene was generally well-behaved, but she seemed to have developed an obsession with Wendy. There were multiple occasions where Seulgi had to drag Irene away from Wendy.

 

Irene loved touching Wendy. To gain her attention, Irene would pull on her hair, be it ponytail or pigtails. She would tackle Wendy to the ground and then hover over her to restrain her. She would pinch her skin until it was red. She would even spank her until Wendy cried. These events had happened sequentially. 

 

Both of their parents knew about the situation, but neither could get Irene to explain the reason for doing it, or why Wendy. Seulgi had proposed that the two children to be separated, but her idea was rejected by the principal, who believed a child’s behavior could be corrected. Therefore, the teachers were simply ordered to monitor the children’s interactions.

 

Today was a typical day. The students were brought outside during break. Irene was late to join everyone on the field, as she had to use the bathroom; the swings were occupied by Yeri and Wendy. 

 

Yeri and Wendy were a weird pair. They could be acting lovingly with each other for one moment, then start making fun of each othe the next moment. They were civil to each other, however, so the teachers were never concerned. 

 

Seulgi saw Wendy pushing Yeri on the swings. They were enjoying the warm weather and having fun. She noticed Irene coming out of the building. 

 

“Hello, Irene.”

 

Ignoring the teacher, Irene glanced around, as if she was searching for something, or rather, someone. 

 

“Where is Wendy?”

 

“She’s with Yeri.” Seulgi pointed at the swings, and Irene immediately ran towards them. 

 

Normally, Seulgi would follow her, but she observed that Irene was simply talking to Yeri and Wendy, so she did not see the need to.  

 

*=

 

“Wendy, my turn!” Irene yelled as soon as she arrived at the swings. She stomped her foot and crossed her arms, staring at Wendy. 

 

“I’ll help you after this!” Wendy replied, focusing on Yeri. 

 

The youngest girl stuck her tongue out at Irene at Wendy’s response. 

 

That did it. 

 

“Wendy is mine!” Irene growled. 

 

She grabbed Wendy’s arm, attempting to pull her towards the empty swing, but the shorter girl relented. Not getting what she expected, Irene pushed Wendy away from the swings—away from Yeri. 

 

“Ow!” Wendy fell on her . 

 

“This is what you get for not listening!” Irene said and glared at her. 

 

Wendy, feeling embarrassed due to the fall and confused by Irene’s anger, stood up abruptly to face her to demand for an explanation. 

 

She would have, if she were not hit by Yeri’s swing returning. The youngest girl jumped off the swing out of panic. 

 

The pain caused Wendy to bawl loudly. 

 

The commotion attracted the teachers’ attention. 

 

*=

 

Arriving at the swings, Seulgi picked Wendy up in her arms and carried her to the nurse; Yeri followed them. Joy led Irene to her office as she wished to speak to her alone. 

 

Seulgi was no sadist, but a quietly sobbing Wendy, being cared for by the nurse, looked so adorable and docile. Red cheeks caused by her labored breathing accented tears streaming down her face. She understood Irene’s thought process better now. 

 

Realizing what she had just told herself, Seulgi stopped her train of thought. She should be very mad at Irene for making Wendy cry. She trusted Joy to give the little bully a stern talk regarding the event. 

 

For now, Seulgi will enjoy the little peace with Wendy. 

 

Peace. 

 

With Yeri. 

 

Yup. 

 

Seulgi told a great joke. 

 

“Ms. Kang?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do I have to stay here at the nurse?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Can I not see Ms. Park and Irene?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you’ll disturb them.”

 

“I won’t! I promise!”

 

Yeri looked into Seulgi’s eyes, appearing genuine about her promise.

 

“Alright. But you have to be very quiet.” Tired of arguing with her youngest student, she relented. 

 

“Yay!”

 

With the teacher’s permission, Yeri rushed out of the nurse’s office and sneaked into Joy’s. After her departure, Seulgi’s attention was back on Wendy, whom was tucked in on the bed and sleeping.

 

As Seulgi was taking out her phone to take pictures of Wendy, Joy entered with Irene in her arms. If Seulgi did not faint from Wendy's adorableness, she was about to now; Irene was so upset and apologetic, tears filled her eyes again when she saw the bandage on Wendy's forehead.

 

"Wendy is fine. She's asleep." Seulgi explained to the newcomers, whispering.

 

“I need to talk to you.” Joy said to the other teacher. 

 

“Sure.”

 

“Let’s go back to my office.”

 

Before Joy could leave the room with Seulgi, Irene pulled on her sleeves and interrupted them. 

 

"Can I stay with Wendy?"

 

Joy nodded at Seulgi, whom returned the gesture. With the affirmation, she placed Irene on an empty chair next to the bed. 

 

“We’ll be right back.”

 

Seulgi left the room with Joy, but she was stopped before she could walk away from the door.

 

"Joy?"

 

"Shh!" Joy and Yeri, who suddenly reappeared, hushed her.

 

Seeing the both of them put their ears on the door, Seulgi followed suit.

 

*=

 

After the teachers were gone, Irene climbed onto the bed and cuddled Wendy from behind. Her action woke the younger girl up. 

 

“Hmm?” A bleary eyed Wendy opened her eyes, only to realize the teacher was gone. She stared at the white walls, trying to regain her bearings.

 

“Wendy?” 

 

Wendy froze as she recognized the voice from behind her. She tried to escape from the embrace. Noticing her movement, Irene used more strength to keep her still. 

 

“Stop moving!” Irene commanded. 

 

Upon her forceful words, Wendy only resisted more.

 

“Don’t touch me. You don’t even like me!” 

 

Receiving strong reactions from Wendy, Irene felt tears welling up in her eyes. She could not believe Wendy thought she disliked her; it was never her intention to make the younger girl feel that way. She could not begin to imagine what she would do if Wendy hated her. 

 

Hearing quiet whimpers coming from behind her, Wendy turned around curiously. She panicked as she saw tears in Irene’s eyes; the older girl was trying hard to not let them fall. Wendy felt silly about the situation. If anyone were to cry, it should really be her; she got her hair pulled, her head hit, and slapped. But being a kind fluff ball like she was, she could not bear to see anyone cry.

 

“Why are you crying?” 

 

“I’m really sorry.”

 

“What?”

 

Now Wendy really needed an explanation. 

 

“I just wanna play with you, but Yeri made me so mad.”

 

Wendy believed what she said; Yeri had a special talent for annoying people.

 

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to make you hurt. ”

 

Irene looked into Wendy’s eyes. Never had she been so sincere. She really needed Wendy to accept her apology. 

 

“I just really like you. Really really like you. I’ve liked you ever since I saw you.”

 

Irene wrapped her arms around Wendy to embrace her tightly, hoping to get her message across. 

 

“I like you, too.” Huddled closely, Wendy muttered in Irene’s ears. 

 

“Good.”

 

The last thing Wendy heard before falling asleep again.  

 

“You’re mine.”

 

*=

 

"How did you know it was gonna happen?" Seulgi asked, referring to the confession from Irene.

 

"Haven't you tried to make someone notice you by doing some rude things to them?"

 

Seulgi fell into silence, trying to recall her childhood memories.

 

"You did something similar, to me."

 

"So?"

 

"I'm not sure."

 

Yeri could not take it anymore. Her teachers were so dense and oblivious when it came to feelings.

 

"Ms. Park likes Ms. Kang!"

 

"Yeri!" Joy could not believe she would be betrayed by her student.

 

"Ms. Kang also likes Ms. Park!"

 

"That is true." Seulgi agreed.

 

Yeri's job was done here.

 

*=

So, yeah, this is the full version of the bully Irene fic.