Best Actress

Beyond Words
Please log in to read the full chapter

“And the best actress goes to— Karina”

 

 

 

A loud scream from the huge audience inside the Metropolitan Theater was heard as the name, “Karina” was called as the best actress for the 72nd FAMAS Annual Awards Night for 2024.

 

 

 

Happiness, Excitement, Bliss, from the people who are currently watching as they feel satisfied with the announcement of the new Best Actress in the given title.

 

 

 

As she walked towards the stage, accepting the FAMAS trophy, the audience went into silence as they anticipated the speech of the young woman.

 

 

 

The most awaited speech that they waited for years as she deserved excellence in cinematic achievement.

 

 

 

“Hi.” She started and adjusted the microphone as her hands were shaking because of the pure bliss feeling that she has right now.

 

 

 

“Wow. First of all, I – I am really honored to receive this award. I have tons of people to thank, but I’ll try to keep this short.”

 

 

 

“Uhmm.”

 

 

 

 “Thank you. Thank you for my family, for their constant support since my day one as an actress here in the industry. A very special thanks to the SME Talent Board CEO and members for selecting me as the leading lady for this movie. Thank you for your trust. Also, I’d like to give a shout out to Giselle, my manager and best friend! Thank for your love and patience, If you know what I mean—“

 

 

 

“I got you, Karina!” A voice spoke loudly in the midst of her speech that caused her and the whole audience to laugh genuinely.

 

 

 

“— She’s been with me since day one as well, so, I really appreciate you, Gi.”

 

 

She stopped as she thought more of her speech. Honestly speaking, she can’t think straight as she is overwhelmed with the consecutive happenings in her life. Karina, herself didn’t even think of this achievement as she just really wanted to do her job as an actress, as this is her passion ever since.

 

 

She continued speaking.

 

 

“Thank you to those who nominated me and supported me in the nomination and lastly, I’d like to give a big thanks to my fans, for your never ending love!”

 

 

 

Karina’s eye smile is visible and her sincere feelings are something that she can’t explain right now.

 

 

 

Is this for real?

 

 

 

Am I dreaming?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her smile never fades as the audience continues to give her an applause and a deserving scream as they express their love to the newly awarded best actress of this year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Party.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Karina’s POV

 

 

 

“Cheers for our Jimin!”

 

 

 

“Woooo!!!!”

 

 

 

“We’re so proud of you, Rina!!”

 

 

 

Right. Andito nga pala kami sa Revel at The Palace, celebrating the successful of our movie and at the same time me being awarded as the best actress of the year. Who would have thought na darating din ang araw na ito. No one expected this huge achievement, to be honest, never kong pinangarap ang manalo sa isang malaking awarding. Gusto ko lang naman gawin ang hilig ko, at iyon ang pag arte.

 

 

 

Since twelve years old ako noong nakitaan ako ng family ko na may potential ako pagdating sa ganitong larangan. It started when I was in elementary and kapag nagkakaroon kami ng dula-dulaan per group, natutuwa sa’kin ang guro ko. And mula noon, ako na lagi ang sinasali sa mga contest and event sa school, hangga’t mag high school ako. And then, sinama na nila ko sa mga workshops, straight to acting agad ang pinasok sakin, although syempre, may talent din naman ako sa pagkanta and sayaw.

 

 

 

Five years ago nang nagsimulang dumating ang maraming blessings sa buhay ko as an actress. I got a lot of offers from different stations as their leading actress, but of course, nagtiwala ako sa management ko kung saan ang best role na pwedeng ibigay nila sakin. Because of that, ayun, biglang angat ng career ko. But never naman akong nagbago, ako pa din si Jimin na nagsimula sa workshops, na sumasali sali sa mga commercial and extra extra lang if given an opportunity.

 

 

 

Sa ilang taon ko as an actress, I had these challenges na never kong inexpect na kakayanin ko pala.

 

 

 

Yes, di naman lahat madali sakin, lalo na nung nagsisimula ako sa acting career. My management became that strict, I was prohibited to do things that I usually do. Even Gi, walang nagawa. So, we just obeyed what the company wanted before. Lahat ata ng meron ako, iniwan ko just to focus on my c

Please log in to read the full chapter