got lovesick, all over my bed

half asleep (taking your time, in the tangerine)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bloom of spring is near, breaking the icy confines of snowy winter that enfolds the earth for months on end. The sign of beginning, the start of something new, the fresh air of chill and warmth brings in that certain feeling that invigorates inside out. It’s like the smell of a new car, or a fresh bread out of the oven. Not too sheepish, inhaling the air and feeling it fill your lungs like it has never been done before. 

 

The merigold neons of sunray splay through the coin gray curtains of a stark silent bedroom, the soft sounds of stable breathing and the faint hums of the air conditioner fills the air in a melodic rhythm. The foggy mist of the room is a mixture of diffuser peppermint and the heavenly scent of Minjeong’s coconut shampoo, the scent blends together in a somewhat atypical concoction that fits just.

 

It’s barely 8 in the morning, and even if it’s a weekday, not one occupant of the room cares to rise awake and get ready for the day. There’s no classes today, and Aeri offered to cover the shift for the day, so why bother.

 

A body shifts in the hills of ivory white linen, the sheets that barely cover a shoulder falls off, showing that beautiful sunbathe melanin. The breeze hits the skin in time, shivers glide gingerly across shoulder blades that Minjeong shimmies off with a shake. An arm snakes around a waist tighter. Jimin, arm and bedroom owner, equally as unclothed, buries her face more into the bed of newly dyed peach blonde hair on their shared pillow. This is the era for the both of them, an era where their life finally gets it together and their past uncertainties finally vanishes into the void. An era where they have something new to look forward to every time they finish the day and dashes home.

 

It’s been almost three years since Minjeong first correlated herself in a sticky situationship and almost two  months since she finally made things official with her one and only, Yu Jimin. Always the first thing Minjeong smiles at in the morning and the last thing that seals her day with a kiss.

 

It’s that feeling of being loved and being in love, and just being enveloped in pure love itself. It feels like birds chirping melodically every morning that wakes Minejong up softly, and the fragrant smell of freshly toasted toast greets her on the kitchen table for breakfast. When she leaves for campus, her steps are so light, Minjeong feels like skipping and humming to Jimin’s favorite song that she dedicated to Minjeong a long time ago that still makes her blush to this day. 

 

It’s like a warm breeze that brings Minjeong fresh oxygen to breathe in so deeply and kisses her dinosaur sweater-clad skin, like being bathed in sunlight and basking herself in that enticing natural glow, and getting a good warm hug after a long tiring day. Love, for Minjeong, feels like it’s always a good day everyday, no matter what trials test her. She’s got that feeling of security and affirmance that many people long for, and even if it’s only been 56 days (yes, Minjeong counts the days like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter