First thing in mind.

Before it's too late.

First thing in my mind was Lee Jonghyun.

"Am I going to see him before it's too late?"

There I was, lying down on the hospital bed with tubes attached to my chest and an oxygen mask on my face. I've been like this for the past one week and everyday, my friends would come and visit me, bringing all those colourful balloons, fruits, chocolate, anything that can comfort you, just name it and it's there in my hospital room. It's a shame that I couldn't eat any of those comforting food because the doctor strictly said that I have to go on a strict diet. Blergh, I hate my new diet. In the morning, I'd have to eat plain porridge with plain water while in the afternoon, more plain porridge and more plain water and at night, porridge with fish and meat and more plain water. Not a normal meal for a normal girl, huh?

But I guess, I'm not normal.

"I'm sorry, Michelle. Your cancer cell have spread across your lungs and soon, it'll be your heart. You'll have about 2 months before you die."

Those were the words that I wish I could forget. Those were the words that I wish it was just a lie but reality slapped me in the face and that's the truth. The truth that I have to deal with everyday for 2 months before I leave. The truth that the people that loves me have to deal with everyday for 2 months before I leave. As I closed my eyes, the flashback of the day I told Jonghyun that I fell for him appeared right at the back of my head, still fresh like it happened yesterday.

It was midnight and I had ask Jonghyun to stay up with me till 3 in the morning because I had to bake for my mother since it was Mother's Day the next day. 

"Yonghwa hyung told me something about you.", Jonghyun said through Skype.

"WHAT DID HE SAY?", I asked him in panic because the day before, I told Yonghwa that I accidentally fell for Jonghyun.

"Something.", he giggled.

"YAH! Stop fooling around. Just tell me what is it?!"

"I'll tell you tomorrow. If you do, I love you too.", he smiled, showing off his pearly white teeth.

"Nooooooo. Please tell me now! I can't bake like this. And what do you mean by, 'If I do' ?"

"Hyung told me you like me.."

I looked away from the webcam and kept quiet.

"Is it true?", he asked.

"Yeah..."

"Michelle, just listen okay? I like you too. I do, but think about it again. If we get together and when we break up, I'll lose you. I don't want to lose you because I know, actually I'm sure, 100% sure that things will be awkward after we break up. Don't you think so?"

After that incident, we got flirtier and flirtier. Our relationship status was in between friends and boyfriend-girlfriend.

But one day, he changed his mind....

 

 

Author's Note:

Please look forward for the next chapter! Thank you for reading :)