"I don't need help, I find peace in it."

[Drabble] HELP

Everyone was asleep but him. The clock struck 12.42AM when Junmyeon finally walked towards his shelf of books – everything comprises of self-help and motivation. There was no fiction in his dormitory, there were no autobiographies. All the books were just that.

It wasn’t the fact that Junmyeon needed help, but reading these pieces of advices that helps the readers emotionally and cognitively brings peace to his mind. Many said that Junmyeon had problems in life; therefore he had to read self-help and motivation. He just shook his head incredulously and laughed it off.

“Everything in life is misinterpreted to what it seems to be called ‘fiction’,” he once said to a room of hundreds, defying the rumour; flashes of cameras and questions being shot at any angle of the hall. “And our life’s journey never ends until we are finally laid to rest. Why the hurry writing about your life when you’re still – you know – alive?

“There is so much to talk about when you are alive. There are a lot of mistakes to be made, there are a lot of things to discover, and there are a lot of things to cringe at or love with all your heart. The reason why my favourite genre is self-help and motivation: as a singer it makes me want to be better.

“Ever imagined opening up a book that gives you wider perspective in your life? Ever closed a book and exhaled and think, ‘I’m going to change for the better’.

“I needn’t help. It simply gave me a peace of mind; not the ruckus in the stories you have created.”

-------------------------------

End! :D