chapter 1;remember

THE PROPOSAL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 2014

Who said model’s life is easy? Well, all I have to do was making some poses and looked straight to the camera, moved if the photographer told me to. Finished when the photographer felt satisfied. It was easy for you to see it, but it wasn’t for me. I was uncomfortable at the first time I became a model. People were staring at me—or the clothes I wear. I was telling by one fashion designer that ‘Model is a walking mannequin. We can make you wear whatever we want’. I wasn’t agree at the first time, I mean, what? Mannequin? I’m human too! You can’t tell me what to do. That was why I never accept any photoshoot or fashion show even it was a famous brand or show. I’m not going to show you the private part of my body.

“Okay, Seulgi, Bobby, finish!” Ms. Kim, the photographer for today’s photoshoot ended the shoot. I bowed at Bobby, my partner, and walked back to the dresser.

“Gosh, I’m so tired.” I whined as I gulped my apple juice. “I don’t have any strength left,”

“You can go home, after this.” Jisung oppa, my manager approached me and handed me my phone. “Get some rest, you have a morning flight to Japan tomorrow.”

“Seulgi,” I turned around when I heard someone called me.

“Bobby?” I stood up and faced him. He was Bobby, my partner for today’s photoshoot.

“I just want to say thank you, you’ve done so well,” He bowed.

I bowed back. “You’ve worked hard too. Keep up the good work!” I approached him and gave him a small hug.

“Yeah, good luck to you too,” Bobby hugged me back.

“Going back to the studio?”

“Nah, I have meeting with Dok2 hyung first. How about you?”

“Going home, I have a morning flight tomorrow,”

“What? Again? You said you were just arrived from Singapore last night.”

“Another casting call I have to attend, yeah, and I’m still jet-lagged, you know.”

“Our Seulgi is going to be a top model soon, eh?”

I shrugged. “Who knows.”

“A top model should be with a top rapper. Someone is going to debut soon, he is a good rapper as far as I know,”

“Shut up!” I pushed Bobby away. I knew who he was talking about. It wasn’t him, it was someone, someone I didn’t want to remember.

“What? You’ll see him in a few weeks.”

“I am going home, now.” I stood up and took my backpack. Headed out the building before Bobby continued remind me of my darkest past.

“I send you the concert ticket! Don’t forget to come!” Bobby yelled reffered to YG Family Concert that will be held in two weeks. He told me to come, but I don’t have any reason to attend it. I waved as I walked away.

Meet Bobby, my brother from another mother. We met 7 months ago, in the park, at night. I was having my free time alone when he approached me with his tiring face. He was crying in front of me—we were still strangers to each other. He told me that he missed his mom and life was hard and everything. We didn’t realized that we talked a lot that night, it feels like I meet a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter