Eight

You and Me and Song of us

 

Youngjae’s POV

 

It’s been a month and something that JB hyung and I back together in this relationship. The past two months were a mess and full of tears. Sometimes, I couldn’t believe that we’ve been through such a hard time just to keep our relationship. Now, that everything was back to normal, I was so glad for that and never so grateful before. I realized that the relationship that I have with JB hyung wasn’t the type of common relationship and in Korea it’s still taboo for two men fall in love. 
 
But, just like my mother said, ‘Live and enjoy yourself for today, don’t you worry about tomorrow’. So, I just want to enjoy our togetherness in this time, built so many memories that I’ll be keeping and treasuring in my heart. I wanted to create happy memories for both of us. And I was glad to have JB hyung and the members in my life.
---

 

This morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Today was our day off and that meant I would get my full rest. After waking up, stretching my body, I ran to the bathroom to do my routine and took a bath. After showering, I realized that the dorm was so empty. I wonder where the other members were. So, I checked JB hyung’s room and no one was there. Pouting, I grabbed my phone and saw that I got 4 messages.

 

 
Youngjaaaii~ me, and mark, and Bambam went to Yugyeom’s home. Have a good rest. –Jackson
 
Hyung, I back to home today. Actually, I woke you up, but you sleep just like the dead. Sorry……sorry sorry…. I left you behind -Yugyeom
 
Youngjae-ah, I’m hanging out with my friends today. Have a good rest. –Jinyoung
 
Baby, I know today is our day-off, but I have to work on my project again. I’m in the company, in case you are looking for me. I’ll be back in the noon, promise! Love you <3 –JB hyung.

 

 
I sighed. JB hyung was so busy these days. I really curious what was the project that he has to stayed up till late again, just like before “that” time. I pitied him because some other nights he would be coming home with a little frustration on his face. At that time, I would try my best to lift up his mood back. Usually, he just wanted to cuddle with me till we slept.
 
Got nowhere to go because I was so lazy, I just spending my time playing games, eating something that I ordered, watching television, and cleaning the dorm—something that I’ve never done before. While I was cleaning JB hyung and Bambam’s room, I found a bunch of paper in the corner of the room. I was curious, so before I threw it away, I took a look at the written. Those were note papers full of scratching. Unconsciously, I hum the note and found it to be a sweet song. I thought that maybe this was what JB hyung working for, creating a song. Suddenly, I remembered JB hyung ever said to me that I would be the first person to know. So, it meant that JB hyung writing a song for me. This sweet song! Oh my God! I couldn’t help, but blushing over that. I knew it. JB hyung must be up to something! I thought that I would just play dumb and pretend that nothing happened so I just left JB hyung’s room without cleaning it.
 
After cleaning the other room, I just sat on the couch, watching television. But, my mind was going to somewhere else, to when will JB hyung finished his song and let me hear that full song. I was so excited and smiling so wide that I didn’t realized that JB hyung was standing in front of the door.
 
“What are you smiling so wide for?” –he asked made me surprised.
 
“Huh? Hyung! You’re back!” –I couldn’t hide my excitement. I saw as he took off his shoes, walked to me and plopped his body next to me, resting his head on my lap. I was blushing for his action, again thinking about the song.
 
“Why are you blushing, babe? It’s not like we’ve never done this before.” –he looked at me questionably.
 
“Nothing, hyung.” –I let an awkward laugh. He sighed. Closing his eyes again.
 
“Uhm, you probably tired. I’ll go find you something to drink, hyung.” –I said as I abruptly standing and forgetting that I have his head on my lap. JB hyung grunted and sat up, grabbed my hand and pulled me down to the couch again.
 
“Yah! Where do you think you are going?” –he asked, a bit annoyed.
 
“Hm, sorry. I just want to get you a drink, hyung.” –I said, pouting.
 
“No need. I don’t need a drink. I need you. Let stay like this for a while.” –he said as he rested his head on my lap again and closed his eyes.
 
“Okay.” –I whispered as I caressed his hair. We stayed in that position for a good ten minutes. I thought that JB hyung was asleep, so I was in surprised when he suddenly voice up.
 
“What will you do today? Any plan, babe?” –he asked without opening his eyes. It took a while for me to respond him.
 
“Hmm… I have no plan, hyung. I think because you are tired now, let’s just stay in the dorm and-“
 
“No, I’m not tired. Let’s go out!” –he cut my words as he jumped from my lap, stretching his body. I watched him confusedly.
 
“I said I’m not tired, babe. Today is our day off and we don’t know when we will get day off again. So, better to spend it to go on a date, right?” –he said, winking at me. I laughed at his slyness.
 
“Okay. If you said so. Let’s go on a date!” –I returned his wink.
 
“Let me change my clothes first.” –I hurriedly ran to the room to change my clothes.
 
“Wear something warm. It’s so cold outside. Oh! You’ve got a nice body, babe.” –JB hyung said, peeking his head in the door, smirking and having his eyes scanning my body, he got me shocked for a moment before I realized that I still shirtless. I was blushing like a tomato before covering my bare chest and throwing a pillow to him. He laughed out loud while walking back to the living room.
 
I finished changing and went to the living room where JB hyung waiting for me. I just wear a casual attire and a scarf to prevent from the cold.
 
“Hyung, I’m ready.” –I called him. He looked at me, amazed.
 
“Wow, you look great! No wonder I fall in so deep with you!” –he said, making me blush again. He really had his way with words. 
 
“Alright! Let’s go now before night fall.” –he took my hand then we walked outside, hand in hand.
 
“Hyung, why do we use a taxi?” –I asked as he stopped a taxi.
 
“Because I don’t want to walk and I don’t want to be a bother for manager hyung. It’s just the two of us, after all. Oh, and let’s pretend that we aren’t idol, okay?” –he whispered the last sentence in which I just nodded. I know that it was hard for idols to go around freely without worrying being caught by people. So, for the goodness, I kept my distance with JB hyung since we arrived in the public place.
 
JB hyung noticed my distance and stopped walking. He turned to me, waited for me. 
 
“Hyung, we can’t risk anything. What if we got caught by fans?” –I voiced up my fear. He seemed annoyed, but he understood me completely. So, he just continued to walk alone with me following him from behind.
 
Not too long after walking, we ended up in the mall. JB hyung said he was looking for something, but he didn’t tell me what. He just told me to wait for him in the some books and music store. I pouted to him as he went to somewhere. I thought that we would enjoy out time together, yet he left me alone in the store. He really was annoyed me. Before my mood ruined down, I began to search for something that could distract me. I found myself in the fiction’s bookshelf. I searched for some interesting books and decided to buy one for Jinyoung hyung, knowing he would be happy to have a new book.
---

 

JB hyung wasn’t coming back in long time and I began to get bored. Then, I went out from the store to strolling around the mall, searching for something interesting. It has been two hours since we arrived and JB hyung still nowhere to be seen. I tried to call him many times, but he didn’t answer me. So, I texted him. I was waiting for his reply when I found a chair to sit. Since no sign from JB hyung, I began to worry. I felt like crying. Did he ditch me now? In the public place? Really?
 
When my mind was busy, I heard a fainted cry not too far from where I sat. I looked at the direction and found a kid, crying, calling his mother. I couldn’t leave him alone. So, I got up and walked towards him.
 
“Hey, kid. What’s your name?” –I asked him in the smooth tone. He calmed a bit, studying my face before answering, “Youngjae. Lee Youngjae.”
 
“Hey, we have the same name. I am Youngjae too. Choi Youngjae.” –I said as I reached for his hand and smiled to him. Fortunately, he smiled back at me.
 
“Where is your parent? With whom did you come here?” –I asked him, trying to get any information that could help me found his acquaintance.
 
“Eomma. But I don’t know where she is now. Hyung, did my mom ditch me here? Maybe I am a bad son so she left me.” –he began crying again. I hugged him, trying to calm him down.
 
“Ssshhh… that’s not true. She never abandoned such a good kid like you. I am sure she is looking for you too. Let’s get to the information—“ –as I talked to him, an information about missing child was announced. The characteristics were the same as the boy with me.
 
“Hey, that was your name being called. I guessed your mom is worrying so much that she lost you. Let’s go to meet your mom. I’ll take you there.” –I smiled to him. He grabbed my hand tightly and we walked to the information section. His mom was waiting for him. I got teary eyes as I watched little Youngjae ran to his mom’s embrace, such a beautiful view. I miss my mom.
---

 

Now, I have to worry about myself since JB hyung still missing. I thought for a while to have it announced by the information section, but it would be just embarrassing because he wasn’t a child anymore even though he was childish sometimes.
 
Feeling defeated, I dragged my legs to the nearest ice cream shop. While I was waiting for my order, I felt my phone rang. JB hyung. For a moment, I thought about ignoring his call, but in the end I decided to answer it. This was our date, after all.
 
“Yes, hyung? Why? Finally you remember me?” –I said, not trying to hide my anger.
 
“Jae-ah, what do you mean by finally I remember you? Look, it’s not the time to fight. Now, tell me where are you? I’ve been looking for you an hour ago since you left the books and music store without telling me.”
 
“Without telling you? It was you, hyung, who didn’t answer my call. Now, I am in the ice cream shop near the information section. If you don’t come in 5 minutes, I’ll be mad at you and going home alone.”
 
“Wha-?” –I hung up before he could say something else.
 
JB hyung really came about 5 minutes. He was all sweaty and his breath was short. He quickly grabbed a chair across me and sat down. All my anger was blown up since I watched him so tired and trying his best to control his breath. I could tell that he ran up here. Actually, I didn’t even have any intention to leave him alone even though he didn’t come in 5 minutes. It’s just sometimes I wanted to play a little prank to him. Serve him right!
 
“Babe, give me water, please!” –he asked me, voice so small due to his uneven breath. I quickly give him a glass of water and fanning him. Suddenly, I found his face so funny with his hair stick straightly to his forehead. He looked up at me, frowning.
 
“What’s so funny?”
 
“Nothing. Can’t I just laugh?”
 
“I love your laugh, babe. But, if you suddenly laugh like that, I found it odd and there must be something.”
 
“Oh. Right. Your face is funny, hyung.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Your face.” –I said louder.
 
“I heard you the first time! What’s wrong with my face? Do I have something?”
 
“No. Here, I’ll fix it for you.” –I said as I leaned in to him to fix his hair.
 
“There you go… now, you are a handsome Im Jaebum again.” –I still kept my chuckled. He pouted.
 
“Hyung, what did you buy? Why it took so long? I almost bored to hell and deciding to go home alone.” –I curiously asked him, finally, after he got his ice cream order.
 
“Hmm… Just some stuff. You’ll know later.” –he winked at me. Tsk, this hyung really got so many secrets. Unconsciously, I hummed a random note that I found in JB hyung’s room. He looked at me, shocked.
 
“How did you know that?!” –he asked me, obviously shocked.
 
“Knowing what?” –I asked him back, still unconscious about the song I hummed.
 
“That… ah, never mind.” –he let it go. I looked at him, frowned.
 
“What’s wrong with you?”
 
“Nothing. Let’s grabbed our dinner!” –he suddenly stood up and took my hand. I almost forgot that we were in the public place. So, when I remember, it’s been far away from the mall, and we went to the some unfamiliar street. I quickly broke the hold and stopped from walking.
 
“Why, babe?” –he asked me, shocked due to my sudden action. I mumbled, “We are in public place, hyung. Watch your words and attitude. Anyone can hear you.” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Oh, please, Jae. Not anymore. I don’t care what people will say. Can’t I just hold my baby’s hand? I am afraid that you will get lost because you are so innocent.” He said, smirking.
 
“I am not innocent and I won’t get lost!” –I shouted at him, pouting. What a date? He kept annoyed me all day. Huh! So, I began to walk faster. He tried to catch up my steps. Actually, I didn’t really know where to go since this street was so unfamiliar for me. But, JB hyung suddenly grabbed my hand and linked it to his arm. I glared at him, but he just gave me a smirk.
 
“You’ll get lost. The restaurant is on this way, babe.” –I sighed, feeling defeated.
 
As we about entered the restaurant, I tried to break away from him, but he has an iron grip on my hand. Got nothing to do, I just entered the restaurant with my head lowered. I kept mumbling “Hyu~ng” hoping he would let go of me. Instead, he whispered to me playfully, “I won’t let go of you, darling.” I blushed at his words.
 
We took a seat and ordering the food. While waiting for our food, JB hyung asked me something that he has been asking about a year ago, since our first date last year.
 
“Jae-ah… we are couple, right?” –he began asked, I nodded my head. Looked at him, signaling to continue.
 
“But, why did you rare calling me with our nickname? I always calling you baby. But you still calling me hyung. Why? Are you still uncomfortable? Should we change it?” –he looked so serious this time. The other times he asked, he never looked as serious as this time and we always ended it with a laugh and left it hanging in the air. It took me a while before answer him.
 
“I’ve called you ‘baby’ before, hyung… I mean, babe.” –I said, crinkling at my own words.
 
“Yes, you’ve ever called me baby, but not often. That was what I asked you.” –I could feel he started to get annoyed.
 
“It’s not that I dislike it, hyung. I just haven’t been adjusted yet to it. Sometimes, calling you baby was making me embarrassed.” Looking at his face fell, I quickly added, “But, I will try to call you it. Please, just give me some more times?” –I pleaded, using my best puppy-eyes. He sighed then saying “Okay, I can’t wait for the day you would stop calling me hyung.” I could tell that he still annoyed and I made a note in my head that I should try to call him ‘baby’. I didn’t want to make him disappointed at me.
 
Not too long, our foods were served. We began to eat. Talking here and there, laughing at some silly jokes that he made. Honestly, I thought that JB hyung and I were the only one that has the same taste of humor, because we only cracked by ourselves whenever something’s funny occurred. He could laugh so much with me and I really loved it when he laughed showing his white teeth.
---

 

After dinner, I thought we could head to home instead JB hyung dragged me to the Han River. He insisted that it hasn’t night or midnight, it’s just 9pm. We should spend some more time alone because the others have been in the dorm. I agreed because we rarely have a day off.
 
JB hyung went to buy some drinks and he left me alone again, said that I must be tired from walking and just commanding me to take a rest. But, I felt uncomfortable being alone here. When I was about to go find JB hyung, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my back and there was standing such a good-looking man in front of me, smiling so wide. He seemed nice.
 
“Hi. May I join you? It seems you don’t have a company.” –he smiled and reached out his hand, “I am Leo.” 
 
I shook his hand and smiled back to him, “I am Youngjae.” He kept smiling making me didn’t really know what to do. Then suddenly, he leaned in and whispered “I like you,” left me shocked, shivering. For a moment, I could smell alcohol in his breath. He must be drunk. I knew that I shouldn’t stay so close to him since he kept staring in to me. His eyes were dilated and unfocused as he kept scanning me from head to toe, with a smile that kept plastering on his lips. I took a step back, ready to run, but he took a step forward. Feeling so burdened and uncomfortable under his gaze, I excuse myself, but he was faster than me as he grabbed my wrist.
 
“Let me go, please.” –I pleaded, still trying to break the iron grip on my wrist. It began to hurt. 
 
“I said that I like you and I’m not letting you go anywhere. Come with me.” –he said. I almost crying until I heard a familiar voice calling for me.
 
“Young- What are you?!” –JB hyung stood not far from me. I could see he clenched his fist. Watching JB hyung ran closer, definitely angry, gave me strength to ditch the hold and ran away since Leo—whatever his name is—looked shocked for a moment. I directly ran to JB hyung and took his hand, dragged him far away from that crazy man.
 
After running a bit far, I released my hold on JB hyung’s hand. He immediately hugged me. I hugged him, couldn’t hold my tears anymore as I sobbed in his embrace. 
 
“What did he do to you?” –JB hyung asked me while I calmed down, but I refused to answer. Instead I said, “Can we just go home, hyung? I’m not feeling well.”
 
JB hyung sighed and hugged me tightly for the last time before taking my hand and lead me to the dorm. On the way home, he kept muttering sorry even though I said I’m okay. In the end, I told him what really happened and he hugged me all the way home. I felt safe in his embrace. That must be a crazy man. I just hoped that nothing’s bad happened to anyone who met him.
***

--------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry, if it's not the best date and didn't meet your expectation.

Well, I thought that not every date went smoothly, right?

Hm, I save the best for the last.

 

I have to inform you that shis story is coming to end. TT.TT

But, I'll be back with another 2Jae story. :))))