Chapter 34

What If

At Seonhee's house

Jiyoo's POV

"Can you stop texting each other for just a minute??"

Seonhee smiled and then quickly pressed the send button and put down her phone on the table. She looked at me, gesturing for me to go on. We were planning a surprise for Yoomin's 18th birthday and clearly I was the only one doing most of the thinking because her mind is elsewhere.

"We shall have it at her house and let's order her favorite ice-cream cake at--"

Her phone buzzed again on the table. She stared at her phone, hand almost reaching out for it. I stared at her hand and glared at her.

"Don't you dare," I growled menacingly at her. She pursed her lips and pulled her hand away to her side. I rolled my eyes and continued with the plan I have in mind, explaining her some minor details about how we will be going about it.

A good 10 minutes later, her phone vibrated on the table again. I ignored it and continued explaining to her the shops she need to call for inquiries.

"So, first inquire at Haagen Dazs how much they-"

Baby naege baby naui dunune. Neo hanamani Sara sumsuineun de. Geunde wae ireohke noemu nado meongose na heullo nimkin Che (jeomjeom meolleo jine). ~~

It continued ringing and ringing. Mad beyond words, I grabbed the phone and picked up the call.

"CAN YOU STOP CALLING BECAUSE WE ARE FREAKING BUSY!!"

I hanged up immediately and threw her phone on the bed behind. Ever since we started discussing about the surprise party, every few minute her phone was vibrating annoyingly on the table and I would have to pause for her to reply his message back. It was getting really annoying. At least Siwon and I weren't like that. True, we try to spend every single moment with each other but we set aside time for other things.

"Sorry," Seonhee apologized. I shook my head at her and continued with the party discussion.

An hour later...

"Okay, so who are we going to be inviting?" Seonhee asked as I was packing up my stuff and shoving them into my bag.

"Anyone,"I replied without looking at her. I felt my phone buzzed against my pants.

It was Siwon.

"I'm downstairs. I will be waiting."

I quickly scoured through the stuff on the table trying to identify if I have left behind any of my things. Seeing that everything was back in my bag, I zipped it up and slung it over my shoulder.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

She nodded and followed me to the door. I quickly pressed the lift button as soon as I was out of her house.

Quick quick quick.

7...8...9...10...11...

The lift door opened and I quickly entered and pressed the lift button "1".

6...5...4...3...2..........

As soon as the lift door opened, I saw him. When he noticed me, he looked up and smiled. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him towards his car. He was wearing a simple white polo shirt today and a pair of jeans. His hair was combed back, slightly gelled up.

"Where are we off to?" I asked.

"To my house."

Seonhee's POV

Geez. She didnt have to shout at him right?

I leapt up onto my bed and grabbed my phone. I rolled over until I was lying on my stomach.

I dialed Eunhyuk's number and called him.

Ring. "Seonhee ah?"

"Sorry about that just now."

"It's alright. Was that Jiyoo by the way?"

I was twiddling with my hair and replied, "Yes."

"We were discussing about Yoomin's birthday surprise," I continued.

"Hmm."

I related some of the things Jiyoo and I discussed and he volunteered to do some of the things I was tasked to do like inquiring about prices and all.

"Have you done all your homework?" he asked after about an hour into our conversation.

"Yup," I replied, mentally checking the things I have finished.

.

"what day is it tomorrow?"

"Friday?"

. I totally forgot about the hematology exam I have. It was worth a good 30 percent of our this term's grade and hematology was one subject I really hate.

"I forgot about my hematology test tomorrow."

"Seonhee," Eunhyuk said disapprovingly. "Go and study now."

After saying our goodbyes, I quickly hanged up. I stood up and walked to my table to our myself into my hematology book.

After three hours...

The red blood cells only will multiply with the presence of... What the heck??

I flipped the pages again. It's half past 1am and I cannot remember anything! I am so going to screw tomorrow's paper.