I missed you.

To love someone. (One shot)

Lyn, 신용재 - 그런 사람 (Duet Ver.) <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DowqnPxybMI>

 

 

To love someone, how do you know?

Growing made you realize how unreal fairytales were, or maybe you just weren’t a princess.

Not until 2 months ago.

 

It was definitely what you had always wanted. You knew that but your heart was saying otherwise.

You felt conflicted but tried not to show it on your face. You tugged your hands into the pockets of your jacket and lowered your head while walking through the park with Jimin quietly.

 


 

 

You remembered what happened during this time.

 

“I’m dead. Its definitely not going to work.” you slouched into the couch as you complained to our best friend, taehyung. “He’s never going to notice me.”

 

It had been going on for 3 months. You were crushing on Jimin real bad. You were swept over the first time you saw him smile and his bright personality made you fall for him even deeper. Seeing how hard working he was made you want to protect him. You were sure you were in love with Jimin.

 

“What’s wrong again?” Taehyung said, not taking his eyes off his phone as usual.

 

“Ergh.” you ruffled your long hair, making yourself look like a mad woman. “I mean.. there are so many pretty girls around him.. I’m sure i don’t stand out.” you sighed, finally reliving yourself from what you have been wanting to say for the longest time. You only could tell taehyung such things.

 

Taehyung made a loud protest in one of his royal accents, “Who dares say that about my beautiful Y/N?!”

 

“Stop it Tae.” you said, slightly smiling but still it was evident you were upset.

 

“Ah.. why are you being like this seriously!” he says, placing your hair back to the way it was. “There, that’s my beautiful Y/N.” He smiles with the warmest and most assuring smile ever.

 

“Thanks Tae.” you smiled, thankful for your best friend. He knew you so well because he was very much part of your life. He was there when you had your first break up with your first jerk boyfriend, when you were sad about your dog dying or even when you were grouchy about people waking you up from your sleep. This time, he was here with you again.

 

You throw your head back on the couch closing your eyes wondering what you were going to do while taehyung continued his game. The door creaked open and Jimin slipped in, causing you to sit up.

 

“Hey guys, whats going on!” he says brightly as usual. You couldn’t move.

 

“What could we be doing?” Taehyung says nonchalantly as he pushes the buttons to his games. You nudge him a little being protective of Jimin.

 

“We were just watching Taehyung playing his game. Have you eaten?” you mentally hit yourself for asking such an obvious question.

 

To your surprise, Jimin passes Taehyung and answers you with a smile. “Yeah i’ve eaten! Have you?” He then moves over to you to take a seat and you start discussing about fashion. You felt like you were spinning on the inside and you were honestly very flustered but you had to appear calm and confident on the outside.

 

Soon, it was time for their schedule and you had to say goodbye to both of them but you were definitely happy and you wouldn’t stop telling taehyung about it during your usual kakao conversations at night. He knew you would be too happy to be asleep.

 

A few days later, Taehyung suddenly tells you to meet him at the coffeeshop which you usually hang out at. Knowing it was his rest day, you were expecting a normal hang out. But when you arrived at the coffeeshop, you saw Jimin.

 

“Hey!” he stood up, pretty much awkwardly.

 

“Hey! where’s taehyung?” you said, laughing awkwardly as well.

 

Then your phone buzzed and it was Taehyung’s text. “Enjoy yourself! Fighting my pretty friend!”

 

You realized what Taehyung did. He set you up on a date with Jimin. You were happy you were with Jimin alone but you felt like it was a burden for Jimin. You looked at him after realizing what has happened.

 

“Erm.” you broke the silence, “Do you wanna forget about this? because i get it..”

 

“No. I asked Taehyung.” he said, with an expression that you didn’t believe, “Here, sit.”

 

“But, I-” you said, confused at the situation.

 

“Why? You don’t like me?” he says, joking with a subtle hint to find out what the issue was.

 

“No! Nooooo. It would be my honor! Coffee date with bangtan Jimin!” you laughed awkwardly while sitting down.

 

Thats how it began. You started talking to Jimin and like you began to get along and more and more comfortable with each other. And soon, one date became a few other dates and you started spending alot of time with Jimin. In fact, he unknowingly replaced Taehyung. Sometimes, you would want to talk to taehyung first, but you wouldn’t have the courage to, afraid that he would be unhappy or not want to talk to you. When he saw you in real life, he would just be playing his game as usual and you would be with Jimin. Jimin would be making you smile but you knew that you wanted to talk to taehyung. You were bothered but you decided to leave things the way it was but you knew one thing for sure, you missed taehyung.

 


 

“Yaaaa!” Jimins voice brought you back to reality. “What are you thinking about?”

 

“Nothing.” You lied, laughing. You were thinking about how you used to play basket ball with taehyung in the park at night and how he would always lose and have to treat you to snacks.

 

“I see.. Actually, I came to tell you something.” Jimin says, leaning against the railing.

 

“Shoot.” You leaned on the railing beside him, both of you staring at the river now.

 

“Do you know what it means to love someone?” He throws the question to you.

 

“Yeah.. you always want to see that person, you always talk about that person and you just smile whenever that person is there!” you answer without hesitation.

 

“Unknowingly.” Jimin adds to your answer.

 

“This 2 months, it’s been great! I’ve created many good memories together with you. But I think that it’s time I return you to Taehyung, not because you are a toy, but because he is ready to love you.” He turns to face you, smiling.

 

“But, I, What?” you were puzzled at the information.

 

“You don’t know this but, our Taehyung, he really likes you a lot, but he never had the courage to tell you. Because you were so comfortable with him he was afraid to tell you how he felt about you.” He sighs a little, “Because he has no courage to fight for you, we thought that a little push for him would be good. Which was why i tried to take you away from him. Truth is, its been impacting him. ”

 

You stood still, not sure how to feel.

 

“But I realized in this two months, that you like him too. Y/N ah. You like taehyung too.” he hits the nail. He was right, you liked jimin, but you loved taehyung. “When we go out, you would always remember taehyung. Like remember how we went to that sweater shop? You were talking about taehyung unconsciously and every time you mentioned him, you would smile. At the waiting room, you would be talking to me but you would be staring at taehyung.” he says, smiling, you could tell from his eyes that he was genuinely happy for the both of you.

 

The times you spent with Taehyung flashed back, and you realized how much he was there for you, protecting you. You teared up a little, realizing how much you’ve missed taehyung.

 

“He’s going to be here soon, thinking that i’ve confessed to you.” Jimin chuckled. “You take charge of your happiness, Y/N ah.” He reaches out to give you a hug, as if giving his blessing to you and Taehyung.

 

Taehyung runs as fast as his feet could take him. He crazily runs and desperately tries to spot the both of you. 10 mins ago, he found out from Suga that Jimin was going to confess to you. He wasn’t expecting his chances to be big, but he had to at least stop you. He didn’t want to lose you, for good.

 

He spotted you hugging Jimin by the river side, which made him stop in his tracks. His legs lost strength and his heart became heavy. Was he too late? He turned around and staggered away, not believing what he just saw.

 

“Kim Taehyung!” you called, from a distance. Turning around he saw you, smiling at him.

 

Although he was upset, he forced himself to fake a smile. “Y/N ah! You’re here? What are you doing here it’s late-”

 

Before he could complete his sentence you ran to give him a hug. You stayed there for a while, just embracing him. You missed him and now you know, you love him.

 

“I missed you.” you said, not leaving the embrace. “And, I love you too.”

 

Taehyung’s shock face slowly faded into a smile as he tightly hugged you back. “I love you too, Y/N.”