Rehearsal I

KyuMin: 60 days

 

As Kyuhyun and Sungmin were walking towards the drama club enjoying a conversation, a visibly dishevelled, distressed and flustered looking Key who had been running bumped into Sungmin.

 

“Mianhae,” the junior boy mumbled.

 

“Key!” Sungmin called.

 

“Mweo?” 

 

Key looked up and saw Sungmin and Kyuhyun.

 

“Sungmin hyung,” he muttered.

 

“Key, are you alright?” Sungmin asked. Sungmin noticed Key’s distraught look. Key had also been crying. There were tear stains on his face.

 

“I’m fine,” the younger boy replied softly.

 

“You don’t look too good.”

 

Key spotted someone from the corner of his eye. He started to get a little unnerved and twitched a little. 

 

“Hyung, can I skip the meeting today? I’m not feeling too well.”

 

Before waiting for Sungmin to reply, Key took off as fast as lightning.

 

A few moments later, another boy passed them by. It was Kim Jong Hyun, a second year high school student.

 

Jong Hyun was pretty short. He had puppy dog eyes, a chiselled face, and short spiky hair which made him look like a dinosaur.

 

He had a smug look on his face as he walked past Sungmin and Kyuhyun without noticing them. Kyuhyun shot Jong Hyun a death glare. Sungmin noticed it and was perplexed to why Kyuhyun did that, but he kept quiet without asking anything.

 

……

 

“As you all know Junsu is unable to participate in the musical due to a medical problem. As such, I have gotten a replacement. Let us welcome Cho Kyuhyun, a third year student who is also my classmate,” Sungmin said.

 

The applause was less than enthusiastic. There were murmurs going round in the room.

 

Who is this Cho Kyuhyun guy?

 

I haven’t seen him before. Is he new here?

 

Is he any good?

 

Is he able to replace Junsu?

 

Kyuhyun could hear the murmurs. He stepped forward, took a bow and said, “Annyeong-haseyo, Cho Kyuhyun-imnida. Jal butakaeyo. For starters, let me perform a song for you fantastic people.”

 

And without any accompaniment, Kyuhyun began to sing Seven Years of Love.

 

Kyuhyun’s voice captivated and enthralled the audience and they were convinced of his singing ability.

 

“Kyuhyun, I would like you meet Joo Hyun and Donghae who would be your main co-stars in the musical,” Sungmin introduced.

 

They bowed and introduced themselves to one another.

 

“Kyuhyun-oppa, your singing was so fantastic!” Joo-hyun, a second year student gushed.

 

“That was really good, Kyu,” Donghae praised.

 

“Has everyone brought their scripts today?” Sungmin asked.

 

There was an enthusiastic response from the whole group who have been energised and galvanised with the addition of Kyuhyun to the group. Their spirits were lifted at the prospect that their hard work would see the light of the end not withstanding Junsu’s withdrawal.

 

……

 

The group was now rehearsing a scene for a part of the play. Kyuhyun’s Jun-hyung and Donghae’s Hyun Seung are performing 2PM’s Heartbeat on each side of the room as a means of expressing their pent up frustration over the situation that the person they love, loves another. Joo Hyun’s Hyun-A stands in the middle. Both Kyuhyun (Jun-hyung) and Donghae (Hyun Seung) have an agonised look on their face as Joo Hyun (Hyun A) glances lovingly at Donghae.

 

(DH) Listen to my heartbeat, it’s beating for you

(KH) Listen to my heartbeat, it’s waiting for you

(DH & KH)끝났다는걸아직도몰라왜이러는지이해가안가

……

 

“That’s good. That’s the emotion that both of you should be conveying. Kyuhyun, you need to convey a sense of longing in your expression when you look at the direction of Joo Hyun,” Sungmin said.

 

“Instead of staring hard, you should soften your gaze and make it gentle. Let yourself be vulnerable. Let there be a little sadness but sparkle. Watch me,” Sungmin continued as he gazed into Kyuhyun.    

 

Kyuhyun did as he was told to do so as he returned the gaze to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin could feel his heart thump faster as he gazed into Kyuhyun. It was nothing lustful but somewhat a sad kind of pining. His orbs were impassioned and consuming as he Sungmin in. 

 

As for Kyuhyun, he started to feel a warm sensation filling his entire being as he stared into Sungmin’s foxy eyes. Sungmin looked so earnest, sincere and enamoured. He could feel a connection to the other.

 

Just then, Sungmin had another vision. In it, two boys were looking at one another lovingly as a girl watches on.

 

There were no words or exchanges between them. They were just looking meaningfully at one another. It was just a long drawn kind of silence. But from an onlooker’s point of view, Sungmin could feel that the chemistry between the two.  

 

“Ahem.”

 

It was Donghae. “You guys have been looking at each other for a long time now.”

 

“Oh!” both Kyuhyun and Sungmin said unanimously as they quickly turned away from one another.

 

Donghae chuckled. “Sungmin-hyung, maybe you take the role of Hyun Seung and I’ll step down from the play.”

 

“Aniyo!” Sungmin exclaimed. His face turned slightly red.

 

Kyuhyun teased Donghae, “Both men and women fall for my charm. I’m sure you would to.”

 

Donghae laughed as he looked at a guy who was sitting in one corner of the room and playing his iPad.

 

“Let’s carry on with the rehearsal,” Sungmin hastened.

 

“Joo-hyun, it’s your turn,” Sungmin said.

 

Meanwhile Joo-hyun performed That Woman.

 

얼마나얼마나더너를이렇게바라만보며혼자

이바람같은사랑이거지같은사랑계속해야니가나를사랑하겠니
조금만가까이와조금만한발다가가면두발도망가는

널사랑하는난지금도옆에있어그여잔웁니다

 

The rehearsal carried on smoothly without much difficulty. The final scene sees Kyuhyun and Donghae performing My Love My Kiss My Heart together.

 

“Good job everyone,” Sungmin said as he debriefed the cast and crew. “At least we’ve ran through all the songs. Now we have to put in more efforts in the acting and delivery of emotions.”

 

It was nearly six in the evening as some of the members started to pack up. Kyuhyun was seated on the ground playing with his PSP as Joo-hyun approached him with a drink.

 

“Oppa, have a drink,” she said as she offered him a canned coffee.

 

“Gomawo, Seo,” he replied.

 

She sat down next to him. “Oppa, you’re really good. Is this your first time participating in a musical?”

 

“Sort of I guess,” he said as he took a sip of coffee.

 

“Kyu-oppa, I really like your voice. It really melts me,” Joo-hyun gushed.

 

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded. He was used to hearing these comments from his fellow angels. But hearing this from a living human girl sounded a little weird.

 

Meanwhile Sungmin was done talking to one of the crew members. As he approached Kyuhyun from behind, he noticed a girl leaning closer and whispering into Kyuhyun’s ears. Sungmin knew it was Joo-hyun.

 

“I was wondering if oppa would like to rehearse our scenes together some time. We need to develop the chemistry between one another.”

 

Kyuhyun broke into a smile. This irked Sungmin a little.

 

“I’m not too sure. I sort of work part-time,” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“How about doing it during our break time?”

 

“Sounds good.”

 

“Hey Kyuhyun! Are you ready to go?” Sungmin cut in from behind.

 

Both of them rose from the floor and turned round in surprise to face Sungmin.

 

“Sungmin-oppa.”

 

“Am I interrupting both of you?” Sungmin asked coolly.

 

“I was just asking Kyu-oppa if we could rehearse our scenes together and Kyu-oppa has agreed,” she chirped.

 

“Really?” Sungmin asked wide-eyed. Grabbing Kyuhyun’s hand, he then started to drag Kyuhyun away from Joo-hyun, “Joo-hyun, Kyu’s oppa is a busy guy. Don’t trouble him. I’m sure the rehearsals are enough. There isn’t a need for extra rehearsals. Anyway, he is busy now and has to go somewhere. Annyeong, Joo-hyun.”

 

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin, “Do I have anywhere to go? I’m not busy now…”

 

Dragging Kyuhyun by his arm further away from Joo-hyun, Sungmin smiled devilishly at Kyuhyun, “Yes you are…”

 

Kyuhyun turned to look at Joo-hyun. He winked: “Thanks for the coffee.”

-------------------------------------

So sorry for the short chapter. 

Well, it's one of those times when nothing really flows :)

Hope you enjoy this short chapter and have a great week ahead :)

Remember to leave your comments!!!!

And if this is your first time reading this story, please do me so kind as to subscribe to it :)

Thank you.