Chapter 9

내꺼 하자!!! (Be Mine!!!)

 

(Minjung’s POV)

“Hyunseong-ah!!” I called Hyunseong as soon as I saw him walking in the school’s area. He turned around to look at me.

“Minjung-ah~” he said when seeing me walked towards him.

“Where have you been? I didn’t see you at school for about a week already.”

“I have a competition about making a small robot last week. So, I was so busy doing the preparation until I don’t have time to hang out with you. Sorry, but do you miss me?” he asked while smiling at me with his eyebrows rose.

“Hey, I’m No Minjung, Shim Hyunseong’s forever partner. Of course I’ll miss you if I didn’t see you even for a day. Then, you didn’t miss me?” I asked him again while patting his shoulder. He just smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

“Of course I missed you to death, my wife…” he chuckled.

“Hey, I’m not your wife. Cut that out…”

“I don’t care. What’s more important now is that I missed you so much. I’m sorry that I didn’t have time to spend with you.” He said while hugging me. Then, I hugged him back. He’s my best friend that I mostly love. How much I love Shone as my best friend, it’s nothing to compare my love for this guy as my best best friend. He had sacrificed so much for me in the past. Sometimes, my heart beats so fast whenever I face this guy. I don’t know if that’s the sign of love as a friend or something else. But one thing for sure, I don’t want to lose him anymore like what had happened in the past.

I looked at him. Then he looked at me weirdly.

“Do you miss me that much until you can’t get rid of your eyes from looking at my face?” he said. I quickly pinched his both cheeks.

“Ouch!! Yah, Minjung-ah…”

“You’re Shim Hyunseong right?” I asked, still pinching his cheeks.

“Yes, I’m Shim Hyunseong…” he quickly replied.

“Let’s play at the playground. I missed the moment when I play at the playground with you.”

“Alright, but can you stop pinching my cheeks first? It’s hurt.” Then, I let go. Not long after that, he pinched my cheeks.

“Yah, let go…” I said.

“I don’t want to…” he evilly said.

“Owh, so you want to revenge on me…” I pinched his cheeks once again. This time, I pinched it harder than before.

“Ouch…Minjung-ah, you’re pinching too hard.”

“I don’t care…” I stuck out my tongue to him.

“Why are you soooo adorable????” he said and suddenly gave me a light peck on the lips. I let go of his cheeks because I was too shocked with his action. He then also let go of my cheeks.

“Minjung-ah, are you alright?” he asked. I bit my lips, showing that I was mad.

“How dare you to kiss me without my permission…” I said while hitting his head.

“It’s not your first kiss though…”

“Well, I lost my first kiss to you too. You suddenly kissed me on my birthday when I was 9 years old. Thanks to you that now I can’t give my future husband my first kiss.”

“I just wanted to give you a present that nobody will give it to you. Besides, it’s my first kiss too.” I stopped hitting his head. I looked at him.

“What?” he asked. I climbed on his back.

“Now, carry me all the way to my home. I’m too lazy to walk. Quick!!” I ordered him.

“Yah!!!”

“Quickly!!” I said while holding his neck.

“Okay, okay…Just keep quiet.” He surrendered. He carried me out of the school’s area when I saw Jeongmin. I waved at him and he smiled at me.

“Grandma!!!” Hyunseong shouted as soon as we arrived and put me down. He then hugged grandma.

“I missed you so much, grandma! You’ve been busy lately until I barely see you.” He continued after hugging my grandma.

“You’ve really grown up being a handsome guy. I felt like just yesterday when you firstly entered the kindergarten with Minjung.” Grandma said while touching his cheeks.

“Handsome? Grandma, you said this evil creature is handsome?” I interrupted their conversation.

“Yah…” Hyunseong was trying to protest at what I’ve said.

“No wonder, grandma, you didn’t wear your spectacle.” I ignored Hyunseong.

“Yah… How dare you…” he went closer to me. I stepped back.

“Snoring while sleeping, having big nose, tiny eyes, ouhhh~ it’s a nightmare if I have a boyfriend like you.”

“Since you were kids until now, the two of you always quarrel over every little thing. I can’t imagine if one day you two will be husband and wife. I wonder what it will be like…” grandma said making the two of us widened our eyes.

“Me? Marrying with this not-so-matured guy? This is so wrong…”

“Then, you think I want to marry you? In your dream…” He looked at the other side and I looked at the opposite side of him.

“I want to cook meal. You two settle your thing properly.” Grandma softly said and went to the kitchen.

“Better for me to take a shower rather than quarrelling with you.” I finally said and went upstairs.

“Well, better if I just look at SNSD, KARA, T-ARA, A-Pink and all the girls group rather than looking at you…” he replied. I stuck my tongue out to him and ignored him after that.

 

I went downstairs after taking a shower and saw Hyunseong was sleeping soundly on the sofa. I went to the kitchen to find grandma but there was no sign of her.

“Grandma is visiting her sick friend and she told me that she will not coming home today as she has to take care of her friend.” Minwoo suddenly appeared from nowhere and told me.

“And why the hell is this guy sleeping here instead of his own house?” I asked Minwoo, referring to Hyunseong.

“He usually sleeps at our house since before, right? Our home is like his second home. So, it’s not that weird that he sleeps here. Maybe he’s too tired.” Minwoo answered. He was getting ready to go somewhere.

“Where are you going?” I asked him.

“I have a project to do with my partner, Minho. We have to complete it today and need to submit it by tomorrow via e-mail. If not, we’ll be dead meat. So, maybe I also will not coming back home today. I’ll be staying overnight at Minho’s house. Owh, and one more thing, Hyunseong hyung didn’t eat his meal yet. He’s waiting for you to eat together. He said that you didn’t like eating alone, so he’s waiting for you to accompany you to eat.” He explained while rushing to go out. Before going out, he gave me a light peck on my cheek.

“Love you, noona…” he said.

“Take care of yourself.” I advised him while looking at him who was already running to go to Minho’s house. I smiled and shook my head. That little dong-saeng of mine is just so cute and adorable. Then, I took a seat next to where Hyunseong was sleeping and the television. I was so sleepy until I almost fall asleep on Hyunseong. He woke up and looked at me.

“You’re up?” I asked and smiled at him.

“I was waiting for you to wake up so that we can eat our meal.” I continued. He woke and sat properly.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” he asked while rubbing his eyes.

“Minwoo said that you’re tired. So, I didn’t dare to wake you up.”

“Let’s go. You must be starving.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dining table.

“Of course, I’m starving to death waiting for you to wake up.”

“Alright, I know that.” He fed me the omelette and ruffled my hair. I just smiled.