Our Feelings Collide

It's Not The Same

Mingyu stared at the girl in front of him who was focused on her assignment, supposedly due tomorrow.

He doesn’t know how it happened, he doesn’t know why either, but his past feelings for the girl disappeared. It wasn’t that he found someone else, it wasn’t that he hated her, he just didn’t love her anymore.

His thoughts were cut off when he heard Eunha’s soft voice, calling out his name. he looked at her, not exactly into her eyes, but instead at the end of her eyelids.

He put a smile on his face, although it just wasn’t the same. He hummed back an answer, but it just wasn’t sincere.

Eunha cracked a small smile at her boyfriend in front of her. She knew the fact that he doesn’t love her anymore.

Mingyu tried his best to reply the smile, though he too, noticed that her smile was different.

 

“It’s a lie.”

 

The guy looked at her in slight confusion, not understanding her sentence.

 

“I’m not needed to send in this assignment by tomorrow. I lied.”

 

The guy let out a small chuckle, thinking that Eunha would be content with his fake amusement. Contrary to him, the girl let out a small sigh before continuing her words.

 

“I know it all, Mingyu ah.”

 

Mingyu held himself from apologising the moment she said that, just in case he misunderstood, although it would be harder for him.

 

“Know what, Eun?”

 

Eunha smiled bitterly at the nickname.

Eun.

 

“That you don’t love me anymore.”

 

The guy in front of her looked down in guilt. It would be a lie if he said that she didn’t know. They both knew it, but none of them wanted to do anything about it.

 

“Then why are you staying with me?”

 

Dead silence.

 

“Because I'm foolish. I thought that your feelings would return if I tried hard enough. If I stayed around you a little bit more.”

 

He fumbled with his fingers, not knowing what words to say, what words he could use to explain his feelings although he himself didn’t know how to explain it to himself.

 

“I would say the typical cliché ‘I hope you’ll be happy’ or some crap like that, but I’d be lying to myself, just like how you are.”

 

Mingyu felt a small pain in his heart. Not from the pain of letting her go, but from the harshness of the truth.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Another bitter smile from Eunha.

 

“Sorry doesn’t make up for my broken heart, but I’ll live with that for now.”

 

She started packing her stuff, stashing them all quickly into her bag as she holds herself from breaking down.

 

I knew this would happen, but why am I still getting sad over it?

 

Mingyu only watched her from the other side of the table, not even feeling the need to stop her from her actions.

With the bag slung over her shoulder, she looked back at the guy in front of her, and mumbled,

 

“I know you feel guilty, I hope you feel that way until I find a way to be happy.”

 

With that as her last words, she turns around and looks at her feet walking in a quick pace. She knows she’s selfish for wishing such a thing, but she couldn’t help it.

She hated lies, she hated people who told lies. Yet why did she stand him?

 

Oh yeah, because she loves him.