shot through the heart (and you're to blame)

a love too strong for words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s not like Wendy doesn’t know how to have fun.

 

If you asked her for her definition of a night out with her group members, she would’ve mentioned karaoke nights in the popular clubs of the Gangnam district, or a quiet session of coffee and cake at a café in downtown Seoul.

 

But if you asked her to accompany you to a laser tag center for the evening, she would shut you down before you can even finish your sentence.

 

At least, that’s how it was supposed to work.

 

Despite her incessant protests, Wendy found herself dragged into a laser tag center in the middle of Daejeon.

 

“I hate to be that one person,” she sighed, staring at the instructional video flashing on a monitor in the lobby, “but why laser tagging, out of all things? Isn’t it a little too childish?”

 

“Everything is too childish for you, unnie,” Yeri sighed. “At this rate, you’ll out-grandma Joohyun-unnie.”

 

“Kim Yerim,” Irene called out as she attempted to stifle the giggle that threatened to escape. “One more word from you and we’ll play without you.”

 

Yeri could only stick out her tongue in protest. Wendy chuckled at the sight of seeing the youngest and the oldest heads. It almost made her feel better about being dragged here against her will.

 

Almost.

 

Much to her dismay, it wasn’t long before the five of them were greeted by one of the staff members. They were ushered into a room filled with what seemed like endless rows of black vests. But before the members can start getting ready, Seulgi pitched the idea of dividing into teams.

 

Wendy bit back a groan as the rest of the members began to confer about the divisions.

 

“So how are we going to divide the teams?” asked Irene.

 

“I want to be on the same team as Joohyun-unnie,” chirped Joy.

 

“If you’re going to be with Joohyun-unnie, then I’ll be with Seulgi-unnie,” said Yeri.

 

Seulgi nodded in approval, “And we can take Seungwan, because she’s not going to be of any help either way.”

 

“I can hear you, you know.”

 

“We know,” chortled the other members before bursting into a fit of laughter. Wendy sighed, looking on with the slight creases of a scowl marring her face.

 

This was definitely going to be a long hour.

 

After a few minutes of vest adjustments and gun calibrations, both teams, donning either red or blue flashing lights, were ready to go.

 

Wendy was the last of the group to enter the room. Surprised by the sudden darkness, she scrambled to find Yeri and Seulgi. But after what seemed like an eternity of searching, the two were just hidden too well for her to spot. That was, of course, until she felt a hand grasp her forearm. She was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter