Sowonie

Don't look at me with those eyes

Sowon slowly opened the door, surely at this moment Yerin wasn’t awake yet? She planned on waking her up with breakfast in bed, a custom that she had started when they had become best friends, every first Sunday.

She slowly closed the door and turned around to face a set of brown eyes.

“Why are you here?”

“I’m staying here for the time being.”

“No, I get that, why are you standing here awake and ?!”

Sowon threw her jacket over SinB who stared blankly at Sowon, just holding the jacket lightly.

“I sleep .”

Sowon grumbled and slapped her forehead, it was a valid reason, some people liked sleeping without clothes on.

“Then why are you awake?”

Sowon made her way to the kitchen before noticing a set of blue eyes watching her carefully.

“Why are you here and awake?”

Sowon glared lightly at the younger girl.

“I’m here to make breakfast for Yerin. She used to complain about me not being able to cook for her everyday once I got into the hospital I work at now, so I promise to make her food once in a while.”

SinB nodded.

“When did she let in a husky though?”

SinB glanced over at Yuju who was still staring.

“Er, for some reason they don’t trigger Yerin’s coughs and she really likes animals you know that. So, I brought them form my aunt’s place for her to play with.”

Sowon had an apprehensive face on but she shrugged it off, she knew SinB was lying to her. Ever since yesterday she knew that they were lying to her. There was no way Sowon wouldn’t recognize a corgi, so why did SinB say she found a breed that didn’t trigger Yerin’s illness? She cleared her mind, Yerin had seemed brighter than usual so she wasn’t going to say anything.

“I suppose I’ll make you guys breakfast too.”

SinB nodded her thanks and stepped out of Sowon’s personal bubble.

“And I was awake because I heard you come in.”

Sowon looked at the girl incredulously, how in the world did she wake up from her footsteps? Seeing SinB looking back at her with such an innocent face, she gave up and let the girl say whatever she wanted to say.

“Anyways, put on some clothes and you can help with the food if you want to.”

SinB’s eyes shined for a bit, making Sowon wonder why this girl was perhaps, excited(?), to cook.

SinB quickly ran into the bedroom and threw on her clothes before reentering the living room, giving Yuju and quick rub on the head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin woke up to the sound of giggles coming from her kitchen. Stretching her arms, she grabbed her medicine and ate them as she exited the bedroom, aware that SinB was no longer next to her.

Walking past the couch, she pet Yuju’s head quickly before reaching the kitchen where she was greeted with the sight of Sowon laughing at SinB’s failure of a pancake.

“All you had to do was flip it! Hahaha!”

SinB pouted at her blackened pancake, she had tried to flip it just using the pan one too many times and ended up burning it on one side before she managed to get the pancake to flip.

“I told you to use the spatula! Hahaha!”

Yerin smiled as SinB scrapped the burnt mess into the trash can, from the looks of it, it wasn’t her first ruined pancake but the closest one.

“Geez, why is cooking so hard.”

Yerin giggled as SinB roughly poured batter into her pan again as Sowon flipped her pancake effortlessly next to her. Sowon bumped hips with SinB jokingly and surprisingly Yerin caught a hint of a smile on her face, her hand reached up to her chest, a slight tingle causing her some discomfort. Discerning it wasn’t from her lungs, she brushed it off.

Hugging Sowon from behind Yerin let out a baby sort of noise, announcing her presence.

“Sowonie unnie~”

“Oh? Yennie, when did you wake?”

She ruffled her bestie’s bed hair before flipping her last pancake onto a plate.

“Just now.”

“Did we wake you? Sorry, this kid has never cooked before.”

Yerin grinned and pat SinB’s head lightly, enjoying the light blush on her cheeks.

====================

Fluff today, fluff tomorrow, drama in near future~

Sometimes when I log in and see new subs or comments, I just feel proud of myself. I don't know if its because it used to be me who checked everyday for a story to update when I didn't have an account and yet now I'm on everyday and people enjoy what I write even though even I know its terrible or just me being weird. Thanks for reading!