dominant and gentle

she loves her, so it's okay.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"i like hugging you, you know."
it was sudden, and sana turned her head with furrowed eyebrows.
"you actually do? since when?"
her voice was light and sweet. cheerful even, despite being overfatigued thanks to the new comeback preparations. 
"i thought you liked it more whenever momo was close to making out with you in public?"
dahyun looked her in the eyes and sighed. "i'm not talking about momo here."
"but i am." sana whispered, pursuing her lips.
another long, deep sigh followed. "isn't it pretty obvious i like it more when you are close to me? you smell very nice, just like my favourite bittersweet chocolate. the kind of smell that makes you feel.. calm? no, that's not it. you're always so hyper, 'calm' isn't the word. comforting?" dahyun was just rambling.
"now that’s oddly specific" sana laughed. a sound way too similar to those bells ringing in spring, when a cool breeze decides to shake things up a little.
maybe this isn't too wrong, maybe things will actually get shaken up between them.
that thought excited dahyun, maybe sana will get even closer to her?
then, she thought a bit more and noticed, how all these things had no correlation at all. what's with dahyun and trying to be all poetic anyways?

"penny for your thoughts?"
"your laugh reminds me of a church, as weird as it sounds."
sana turned her head a bit more at this, and now she was completely peering over her shoulder watching dahyun's smaller frame. "wait no, no church. that's a bit too.. holy for you. just, your laugh reminds me of bells ringing." soon after, sana's gaze wandered to her eyes.
the korean’s room had no windows, so there wasn't any moonlight to shine onto dahyun's face, making her look even more angelic. sana didn't even listen to dahyun's ranting anymore. knowing, she hid the real meaning behind them and it was just some excuse to compliment sana anyways.
no, that wasn't how things worked.
dahyun’s eyes remind one of little crescent moons, so dahyun herself can be the one making sana look more angelic. more breathtaking. yes, she didn't need any moon millions of miles away for this. dahyun could be happy, smile with her whole face, and make sana a bit prettier with it too. (dahyun almost scoffed, it's impossible for sana to look even prettier).
a still moment passed and, "your eyes sparkle" sana lamely commented.
dahyun, who’s been holding her breath ever since sana started staring her down for whatever reason, slowly exhaled through her nose.
the japanese scrunched her own one up, warm air hitting her face. yes, they were that close. but not close enough, in sana's opinion.
she likes this, dahyun realized again. she likes being with sana like this, cramped in her small bed, doing nothing and failing to fall asleep at the same time. her mind is nothing and sana at the same time.
that doesn't make any sense, she thinks. dahyun likes that as well.
it's sana, of course it doesn't make any sense.
the world was muted now. even if they were so very close, not even shared breaths or heartbeats could be heard.

"you know... you don’t make any sense to me."
"dahyun, please at least try to sleep before you begin to be all sophisticated with me again." and dahyun let out a small laugh at that.
"hey! let my mind wander. in your close proximity, it seems to work best."
"now you are the one not making any sense"  the brunette snorted lightly.
"my mind wanders all these long roads and huge mountains, which look very pretty by the way. like, not some dirty road or boring gravelled mountains. I'm talking about enormous, green-"
"dahyun"
"yes?"
"sleep."
"okay."


a hand slipped behind her neck, and when she opened her eyes sana's body was now fully facing her.
dahyun’s breath hitched, seeing her wicked smile.
sana's thumb caressed her jaw. there was this tingling sensation, every touch of the japanese had this electrifying feeling.
she threw her legs over dahyun's and created the infamous mess of tangled limbs.
"you know what? i know for a fact that you don't talk like that with momo. talk, like you had studied english literature or talked like you were chaengie."
now, it was dahyun’s turn to smile. and then, raise her eyebrows.
"how would you know? how would you know, i don’t tell momo how i would kiss her and make her feel like there’s no tomorrow?"
"she" sana laughed her tinkling laughter again, "she told me about how you talked her into riding that damn rollercoaster ride, and how she couldn't ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter