Same School

Never Say You Love Me

You went to your usual seat while singing a song cheerfully, “Annnnnyeoooonghaseyo~” You tapped Jieun’s shoulder before you land your on the chair.

Jieun close the novel she just read and blinked at you, “Today we have assembly…” she stated.

You blankly looked at her, “jjinja? Why?”

“Don’t you remember? About the nearest sport day~ today principle will have some speech. I had told you yesterday, right?” Jieun explained to you with unbelievable expression, her eyes opened really wide.

“Ahh~ I forgot…” you sigh disappointedly and rested your head on the table. Jieun smirked at you and shook her head.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fun~” Jieun told you. You look at her and shook your head eagerly, “I HATE SPORT!” You yelled at her and hide your face in your encircle arms on the table.

---

Announcement came to told all the students to gather in the hall. You and Jieun walk side by side to the hall. Jieun excuse herself when she saw some of her ex-classmates and you were left alone. (Remember, you were a new student that’s why you only have Jieun as your only friend).

You pout playfully and hummed some song while waiting for Jieun (Since she ask you to wait for her), she actually wanted to bring you there to introduce you to her friends but you don’t want to since it’ll going to be awkward for you to meet her friends.

Someone cleared their throat beside you and you quickly looked to the side, He smiles his usual smile and you blinked at him. You stare at is uniform and widened your eyes.

“Y-You were in this school?” you pointed at his uniform while gasping.

“Excited much?” Chunji raised one of his eyebrows playfully while smirking.

You continue to stare at him with your mouth wide open, he slowly closed your mouth and you gulp. He chuckle beside you and looked at you.

“Why don’t you tell me?” you sternly eyed him.

“Surprise?” he grinned with wide eyes.

You crossed your arms and continue to eye him. He avoided your eye contact and awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

You smile at him, “anyway, it’s still a good news~” you nodded.

Chunji smile your way then look around you, “Alone?” he widened his eyes in curiosity.

“I was waiting for my friend~” you told him and he nodded. You heard some girls screaming and you look to the side.

L. Joe walk pass you with girls all over him while he just walk with crossing arms. Chunji met eyes with him for a few second and he continue to walk and not to bother about you.

Your smile faded and you just looked at him until he disappeared from the corner of your eye. Chunji tilt his head to the side and watched him disappeared together with the screaming sounds. He looked at you and noticed your changing expression.

“Woahh~ he’s that popular, huh?” Chunji shot a sigh and shook his head while crossing his arms imitating how you crossed your arms just now.

You looked at him and suddenly laugh, “Why do you cross your arms like that? You look like an ahjumma~” you covered your mouth from laughing loudly.

Chunji blinked at you, “Are you calling yourself an ahjumma? Because, I’m just imitating you~” he pointed at you and you immediately stop laughing.

Your jaws dropped and you quickly crossed your arms in a really different way and it makes you uncomfortable, “A-Ani, I’m crossing my arms like this~” you straightened your body and look at him in challenging way.

He laughed at you and you slapped his arms while smiling, He noticed your smile and immediately stopped laughing. He gazes at you while smiling and finally excuse himself to the hall after some of his friends tapped his shoulder from the back. You looked at your watch and tapped your foot while waiting for Jieun.

The way to the hall started to loosen up and you impatiently grit your teeth, ‘why is she so late? Aren’t her friends going to the hall too?’

Jieun finally came to you then apologize.

“Why are you so late?” you frowned and she crossed her arms, “I already said ‘sorry’ aren’t I?”

“Whatever~” you rolled your eyes and just continue to walk to the hall with her while having some conversation.