Headache Remedy

Zen's Hangover
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Mr. Carter, Zen has a very bad headache and was just sick in the toilet.” Felix reported it to the teacher.

Mr. Carter looked at Zen as he entered the classroom – Zen definitely looked sick. He looked miserable and in pain, eyes slightly watering and his hand circling his stomach.  

“Ugh- I tried but couldn’t throw up…” Zen said. Mr. Carter excused Zen to the sick bay, and his chauffeur came and drove him home within half an hour.  

Word travelled fast by lunch break that Zen had been sent home sick. “He won’t pick up…” Ameree sighed worriedly, on her phone.

“Let him rest Ameree, he’s probably sleeping”, Ella said. “Yeah, probably just a headache, like Mitch said,” added Cindy.

“I want to visit him after school but girls, I don’t know the way to his house!” Ameree sighed.

“Uh, haven’t you been there before?” Cindy asked.

“Anybody will lose their way through the winding roads, Cindy, he has a driver for a reason.” Ameree replied, frowning.

“Whoa ok, hmm…” the girls went silent, thinking of how to handle the situation.

Cindy piqued up, “well, I wouldn’t normally suggest this but” whispering, she discreetly pointed at Sarah, “isn’t his sister in our class??”

“Good point! Yeah, she’s quiet, mysterious, whatever. But you can ask her!” Ella exclaimed.

Ameree glanced slowly towards Sarah, apprehensive. Sarah was definitely an oddball. The coolest, most mysterious oddball. Okay, she’s just super cool and mysterious. Don’t be intimidated by her… Ameree thought.

She glanced sideways peeking at Sarah. She was seated further up the cafeteria, at first alone, with her home packed light spread of fruits, veggies, bread and some fascinating dipping sauces – which looked either Indian or Chinese, heaven knows what. She sat there, legs crossed, her long dark curls bouncing off her back – she looked picturesque like a model. And then shortly, a tall, dark-haired senior joined her at the table. Of course, Romano from Italy – he was cute, but elusive… very selective with who he hung with. Ooh he had packed a glamorous looking pizza for lunch. Romano and Sarah met eyes and instantly laughed about something, then began jabbering away in a foreign language, probably Italian, maybe a secret language whatever… She’s so cool… And a freshman dating a senior!

“Amy!” Ella said, shaking Ameree from her reverie. “Oh yes Ells?” Ameree looked up to see her two friends grinning at her. “Do it. Ask her.” They chimed.

Oh my gawd, Ameree thought. She was a nervous wreck just thinking about how to approach Sarah. But somewhere in the back of her mind, the nagging thought that Sarah might not be a mean-spirited person gave her some hope. After all, Sarah has never bullied anyone directly, she never seemed rude, only very, very selective with her circle.

It was the end of the day, the dismissal bell rang, and everyone was walking in the corridor packing in their lockers. Sarah was usually the last few to leave the school, so Ameree lingered at her locker acting busy. Ameree waved Ella and Cindy goodbye, and when almost everyone had left, Ameree took deep breaths and approached Sarah, who was standing at her locker. She seems in a good mood. “H-hi Sarah” Ameree forced a quick polite smile. “I-“ Before she could continue, Sarah turned to face Ameree and smil

Please log in to read the full chapter