Plotting and Meeting

I'm watching.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin looked around the room again.

Hair clip on the coffee table in front of him.
Pink lipstick on the shelf.
A feminine designed muffler.
Pudding, the cat sleeping on its bed in front of the fireplace. She disappears for a couple of weeks then reappears in his hyung's house again.
His Jaejoong hyung sitting on the left side of the L-shaped grey sofa, smiling giddily at his phone.
And most importantly, the article of clothing he spotted in his hyung's personal bathroom.

He will get the answers today. All the evidences are already there and he will not let Jaejoong hyung avoid his questions this time.

Changmin leaned to his left, Jaejoong leaned to his own left, away from the dongsaeng.

"Hyuuuung."
"Bwo?" The stupid smile still pasted on Jaejoong hyung's face as he kept staring at his phone.
"Is the girl funny?"
"Hah yeah. She can be quite sassy when she wants to be-"

A big grin appeared on Changmin's face as Jaejoong finally looked at him, wide-eyed. "I- I meant- I'm- I'm just talking to my sister, Changmin. Don't bother me."

"Is it really your sister?"
"Y-yeah."
"Can I see?" The younger tried peeking at the screen again but the older held it to his chest.

"No."
"Why?"
"J-just- you can't!"
"Jaejoong hyung, why are you defensive?"

No reply. Changmin looked at his hyung who stared at him with a glare but he is not backing down today.

"Does the maroon clip on the table belong to one of your sisters? Or the muffler? Or the lipstick on the shelf? How about the dog?"

Jaejoong finally spoke up, "what about Pudding?" He asked threateningly.

"I don't know, Jaejoong hyung. Where was she last week? I didn't see her."

"She- she was at my sister's house."

Changmin expected his hyung to accept defeat when he noticed the obvious blush appearing on his cheekbones as he relayed all the questions. But he was wrong. So now he had no other choice but to give the final blow.

"Okay... and what about the pink bra in your bathroom?"

He barely held back a cackle as Jaejoong hyung's eyes widened comically.

A solid three minutes passed with no further words exchanged. A sigh broke the silence before his hyung spoke up.

"Fine... its a friend's. All of those things."

"Friend?"

"Yeah."

Changmin held back a snort.
"Okay. And what about the dog, Jaejoong hyung?"

"I'm co-parenting Pudding with her."

"Still a friend?"

"Yeah."

"Will she still be a friend when you both co-parent a human baby ?"

He watched as Jaejoong hyung choked on thin air.

"Seriously Changmin wha-"

"Jaejoong hyung. Why do you have a friend's bra in your bathroom?"

Flustered, Jaejoong hyung opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before looking at me with a heated glare. "Why were you in my bathroom in the first place? The guest bathroom-"

"Don't change the topic, hyung. Is she a friend with benefit?"

If possible, the older's glare got even more intense. "Don't insult her like that, Changmin."

Changmin sat back on the sofa with his hands raised in surrender and studied his hyung who looked away from him angrily. A vein twitching at the side of his forehead. He could tell that he had hit a mark.

"I didn't mean to, Jaejoong hyung. Really."

"Whatever."

"Who is she, hyung? Do I know her?"

Jaejoong hyung sighed before reclining his head with eyes closed. "No. She's a childhood friend. Elementary school. We were neighbours."

"Oh." I know that I need to thread carefully if I want more information than that. "So, just a friend?"

"...I think so. I'm not sure. She could even be my wife for all I know because we have shared paper rings."

Changmin laughed lightly as he noticed the dreamy tone in his Jaejoong hyung's voice. "Shouldn't I at least meet my sister-in-law then? The others would want that too."

Jaejoong hyung rapidly shook his head in denial. "No. She might get weirded out by you guys. What I have with her is still fragile but it is there. I won't jeopardise it before it even evolves properly."

Changmin pouted but before he could complain, a better idea struck him.

"Are you sure that there is something between you and her, Jaejoong hyung?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter