First Encounter

More Than a Fan Girl

 

"Woohyun, where do you think you're going?" Sunggyu, the leader of the group said. Lately, Woohyun has been missing the beats of the dance steps and his voice cracks into the microphone. He was a wreck. If you took a look at him, you'll automatically know that he's a rookie. 
 
"Out. I need some fresh air." Woohyun replied in a husky voice. He grabbed his jacket and head out the front door. With his head hung high, he let out a big sigh. If it was still winter, he would of seen his breath in the air. "I should of listened to my mom." he mumble to himself and started walking. 
 
Woohyun's mom did not like the idea of him becoming an idol. She wanted him to work as a doctor or a lawyer. She also refuse to let him go to dance class. Woohyun couldn't take it anymore and ran away from home. It took a few days until he had the guts to call his mom. But, he did not go home. Instead, he found a guy that also has the same dream as him. Sunggyu. Sunggyu took him in and treated him as a brother. Woohyun still contacts his mom here and then to tell her that he's doing okay.
 
In a few years, they both audition for Woolim entertainment and got accepted. They moved into dorms and met five more guys. Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong. All talented and good looking. 
 
Woohyun sat on the bench and rest his elbow on his knee with his covering his face. He lets the hot tear escape from his eyes and sobs. He couldn't take it anymore. He wants to give up on being an idol and go back home to his family. He hates the rough schedule, the deadly practices and the harsh vocal lessons. When he wanted to be an idol, he wanted to create his own music, have fun with it and make his mom proud. 
 
"Are you okay?" a gentle voice chimed in his ear. Woohyun lift his head up to a girl with her head to the side. She had light brown hair that ends right below her shoulders, round dark eyes, a perfectly shaped nose, and milky skin. 
 
Woohyun couldn't open his mouth to speak. His voice felt hoarse and sore from all of the sobbing. She quietly took a seat next to him. She looked at him with weary eyes, "Will you tell me what happened?" 
 
He wiped his tears away with the back of his hand and heave out a sigh. "I want to give up on my dream." he quietly said as he gaze at his feet.
 
"What is your dream?" 
 
He raise his head and looked at her, "You'll laugh."
 
She shakes her head, causing her brown hair to whip back and forth, "I promise I won't."
 
"I want to become a singer... A idol, to be exact." his face felt red from embarrassment. He felt so childish. What kind of man would want to be a singer? A wimpy one. 
 
The corner of curvs into a smile, "I think that's a fantastic dream." 
 
For the past week, Woohyun finally began to smile. They talked under the starry night of Seoul. They talked about funny stories, sad stories and happy stories. Woohyun found out that she dreams of being a famous photographer. He also told her about him being a trainee for Woolim entertainment. 
 
"I should go now." She stood up and stretched her short arms above her head, "Goodnight." She started to walk away until Woohyun called out for her, "Wait! When can I see you again?" 
 
"Soon." She yelled over her shoulder.
 
"Can I atleast know your name?" He was eager to run after her and ask for her contact information. 
 
She fully turned around and gave him a bright smile, "Nope! I'll tell you at your first fan meeting!"