Flashback

MY PACEMAKER

Kai’s POV

FLASHBACK

 

2008, June 24th

…There was a rainy day. It looked like God was mad and tried to drown us with this tragic falling water from the sky. I felt like I was supposed to be our Noa. Everybody was in their homes, wearing soft sweaters and hiding from this disaster except me. And what about me? I was walking down the street. Yes, I was stupid for not going home earlier. Gladly my precious friend, named Kyungsoo gave me an umbrella.

I was running to hide from a storm like those scared people, but someone bumped at me. I turned to look at that little bastard, who disturbed my ‘home-safe’ mission. Unexpectedly, there was a girl standing in front of me. I was prepared to shout on her before I noticed her condition -she was ready to collapse here any second, don’t mentioned her bruises all over her body.

“S-Sorry…” She said to me and turned to run again, but I hold her wrist. The girl looked to my eyes and I just stood there, frozen. Her eyes were more eloquent than a huge library filled with thousands of books. I couldn’t understand how grey eyes could be able to be that emotional. Her face looked frightened but also attracting and warming at the same time. I tried to concentrate my attention at anything, but that was a mistake. She was all wet, the water was dripping from her blue jumper and black skinny jeans but it looked like she didn’t care. Obviously, the girl was shivering.

Automatically, I gave her my old jacket and tried to hide her under “my” umbrella. She looked dumbfounded and surprised.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” I comforted her while looking for a safe place. Gladly I found a little café. I put my hand on her shoulder as we crossed the street. I knew that I’m doing the right thing, even if I’m not a big and grown man or something. 

The café was empty, but I was not talking about the workers. Anyways I found a perfect table and asked her to sit there. While she was trying to dry her hair, I was buying two coffees for us.

I gave her a cup full of warm coffee and tried to brush off that dirty mud from her face, but suddenly she retreated and almost fell with a chair. I think she was really scared of something. I should ask her about all the bruises on her arms and face, but I couldn’t. It was just too rude and bad at this time.

“W-why are you doing this?” Finally she said something to me. I tried to find an answer, but failed. I didn’t know what I was doing and largely why I was doing all this. That was a question, harder than a physics or chemistry tests. I tried to steal a glance of her eyes again while she was looking through the window.

“I don’t know. I can’t leave you like that.” I said while examining girl’s hurtful eyes.

“But you don’t even know me. I’m just a random stranger. How can you be so good?” She said and sipped her coffee. I lost my attention from her eyes to lips. It was perfectly soft, pink and untouched. I think it was the only thing, that was undamaged by that horrible person.

“How could you be so sad?” I answered her with a question. I attacked her with the same move she was using to me. The girl held her breath and lowered gaze. She was just asking for a hug, at least it looked like that for me.

“You’re doing a mistake.” Suddenly she stood up while spiting those words to me. I felt something on my chest. She was not even grateful? “I’m sorry, I have to go.” The girl said to me and turned, but I was faster. I blocked her way to reach the doors.

“Am I … at least… going to be able to meet you again?” I said it to her while looking at those beautiful eyes.

“I know nothing, I’m not a God.” She said it and gulped hardly. The girl walked to the doors and stopped. Unexpectedly she turned around to me and came back. I watched her moves and taught what was she doing while I felt something soft on my cheek.  Her perfect lips landed on my face. I couldn’t even understand what just happened, but she was gone already. I touched that place, where she just kissed me and I looked at our table while smiling. I also found my jacket gone. She probably took that, while I was dumbfounded. Funny, but I wasn’t even angry.  I was happy, that I met that stranger girl… I was happy, that she was going to reach her home warmly. I was happy.