Chapter 6

Masked Love and Music

 

In some place, the other members of U-KISS went to Alexander's flat to check him out as they bring him foods and some stuffs. As they enter his house, they saw Alexander checking his old things in some boxes scattered in his floor. Alexander sensing their presence, looked up and flash them a smile as he closes the box.

"Oh, guys! What are you doing here?" he asked as he looked at the boys one by one as he slowly stand up ushering them to take a seat.

 

"We just came here to drop by and check if you're now okay, hyung." Dongho answered as he take a peek on one of the boxes.

 

"Yeah,Dongho's right, but we guess you're now okay,hyung. You're busying yourself with these boxes." Kiseop added.

 

"I'm sorry for the mess but I'm looking for something." Alexander said as he scratched his head.

 

"What is that?" Soohyun asked while Kevin throw Alexander a quizzical look as he walk his way to the kitchen together with Kibum.

 

"Where are you guys going?" Eli asked as he hurriedly stand up to catch up with Kevin and Kibum.

 

"Getting something to quench our thirst."Kibum answered as he opened Alexander's refrigerator while Kevin on the other hand gather some plates as he put out the foods, "and hunger. I'm hungry already." he added.

 

Instead of answering Soohyun's question, Alexander hurriedly went to the kitchen with the mere sound and smell of food.

 

"Here we go again..." Dongho mumbled as Soohyun sighed in disbelief while Kiseop chuckled at Alexander's actions. The three boys follow him and there they eat the foods that they brought for him while Kevin washed the fruits while Eli and Kibum decided to helped him in peeling. As soon as they were done eating, the boys helped Alexander piling up the boxes and together they relaxed themselves.

 

"Yah hyung! What are you looking for? You seemed to be occupied this past few days." Soohyun asked Alexander again as he break the silence.

 

Alexander looked at him and sighed deeply. Soohyun's right. He is really occupied. He can't forget how a girl's voice evaded his thoughts. No matter how hard he try to remember his past, he couldn't figure it out. He even came to the point of calling his parents about his girl friends way back in Hongkong and America but still they there's no answer. The voice is haunting him every now and then, even in his sleep, he would always dreamed about it. A voice carried by the cold wind to him. Alexander holds his head and close his eyes as he relaxed himself before he answer Soohyun. The others stared at him, waiting for his answer until he opens his eyes and looked at them.

 

"Hyung, are you really okay? Maybe we could help you. Just spill it out. We're here to listen anyways. Right, guys?" Eli said as he tap Alexander's shoulder.

 

"You seems to be disturbed after the incident, hyung." Dongho said in a matter of fact tone.

 

"Oh! I remember! Dongho's right! You started acting weird ever since that incident." Kiseop exclaimed.

 

The boys was waiting for Alexander's answer as he stand up and looked outside his window. Dongho was right. Maybe he should tell them. Besides, they are his friends. his brothers. his family.

 

"You're right, Dongho. Before I lost my consciousness I heard a girl's voice calling out my name. And it's really bothering me." Alexander opened up.

 

The boys looked at each other and then Kevin suddenly stand up and approached Alexander.

 

"You know what, Hyung. I know a place where you can meditate and rest your mind."

 

"Where?"

 

"Gupodong Catholic Church."

 

"Hey! That church is really beautiful!I have a friend of mine who already visited the place. It was really fascinating." Kibum said.

 

"And breathtaking!" Soohyun added as Dongho and Kiseop just nod in agreement.

 

Seeing the boys agreeing Kevin's suggestion, Alexander breathe deeply.

 

"Okay. Let's go to Gupodong Church. I think I badly need some meditation. I need to speak with God." he said as he entered his room to change his clothes. The boys just smiled at each other. They know Alexander will find the serenity that he's really looking for. As soon as Alexander was finished, they go out together and headed for the elevator. Alexander was really anticipating for this wonderful thing and he can't wait to see the church that the boys were talking about. As they headed for Gupodong church, the boys were happily singing "Light It Up" from mini album.