001. The Beginning

Romance Town


Yet, another proposal was performed in Romance town, marking the third one of the month. Eun Hye watched in pure disgrace as she watched the couple kissing infront of her lawn. Scoffing at the sight, she arched an eyebrow as she marched her way towards the lawn holding a broom stick in one hand.

"Hey! No kissing infront of my house!" She shouted, receiving glares from the young couple.
"Yah, Ahjumma! Aren't you at least going to congratulate us!" Said the young man who at least looked like 17. Eun Hye scoffed as her left foot tapped furiously.
First of all she was 23, not 81 and second of all nobody speaks down at Baek Eun Hye.

Glaring once more at the young couple, Eun Hye ran furiously towards the two chasing them off her lawn. Eventually, the young couple ran off leaving Eun Hye satisfied. The wind caressed Eun Hye's cheeks as she slowly walked back home. The sun was out and ironically, the birds were chirping. Stepping inside of her home, Eun Hye decided to do a little spring cleaning. Wiping the windows, sweeping the floor and dusting the furniture was all she needed to do.

Baek Eun Hye was 19 years old when she moved into Romance Town. After saving up money from previous jobs, the young girl decided to move into a home escaping the house she once lived in with her parents and older brother. Settling in, rumors surfaced around the street that a couple who just moved in have suddenly got engaged. By then, other people who lived in the street believed it was a jinx and that Romance town was truly a town of romance. Throughout the months, people have suddenly formed relationships and have eventually gotten married. Though, despite all this it seems that Baek Eun Hye was the only one who hasn't been affected.

"Finally" Eun Hye mumbled in relief as she dropped herself on the sofa. She had finally cleaned the whole house. The wooden clock echoed within the room as Frank Sinatra's fly me to the moon was lightly playing in the background. It was 3:00pm in the afternoon when something caught the eyes of Baek Eun Hye. Slowly getting up from the couch, Eun Hye made her way towards the window where she was peaking though the beige curtains. A single truck parked in front of her house as delivery men held boxes of equipment. It appears that there was a new person in the town and surprisingly that person was going to be Eun Hye's neighbor.

ミミミ

That afternoon, Eun Hye decided to visit her new neighbor by giving them a box of French macaroons. Usually, Eun Hye wasn't the type to associate with people around her street but after finding out that this new person was going to be her neighbor she might as well get to know them instead of being anti-social most of the time. Checking herself once more through the mirror, Eun Hye grabbed the box of macaroons from the kitchen bench, making her way outside.

It was slowly hitting dusk so the sky was a nice purple and orange color, something Eun Hye wanted to paint in her free time. The weather was subtle and the atmosphere was beautiful.

Taking a few more steps, Alas Eun Hye was finally infront of the house. Each step she took, her hands trembled for some odd reason. Was this wrong? Is this a sign? Baek Eun Hye started to get nervous.

Just then, the sounds of the beatles please mr postman was heard. One of Eun Hye's favorite songs. Surprisingly, it was coming from the house infront of her.
Her neighbor.
Hesitating at first, Eun Hye knocked twice only to be welcomed by a handsome figure.

"Why hello dear"

 


"Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life"
Aphra Behn

First chapter is up! Though it is quite short. I'm a er when it comes up to writing new stories but I just couldn't help it~This story has been glued in mind forever and I just wanted to share it to you guys and I'm looking forward to writing and updating new chapters for you~! Anywho..it would be great if you beautiful subbies please comment down below and give me some feedback, I would gladly appreciate it!

heart_warming