Chapter 23: Ramen Love

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

After his long and relaxing shower, he had finally let me into his house which was warm and cosy compared the bone-chilling winter outside. He didn’t look too perturbed when I had bundled my freezing self into his arms and demanded he make me some food. Guess the guy had some remnants of a conscience left in that puny brain of his.

 

As ramen (the only dish he could cook without completely destroying the kitchen) bubbled away on the stove he offered me some clothes which were all too baggy for me to wear so I chose the largest T-shirt he owned and pulled that over the sports shorts that he wore when was eight years old. I felt and looked like a girl version of Kris.

 

“You cold?” he yelled from the kitchen as I curled into a ball on the sofa, watching Exo-K pull off a perfect live performance of their debut single, MAMA. His voice had interrupted the inner fan-girling I’d been doing and I tore my eyes away from Suho’s delicious lips before glowering in the general direction of the kitchen.

 

“You think?!” I hollered back, pissed to my bones. “What kind of an idiot would go shower and then leave the door closed?”

 

“Um hello?” he replied dryly. “Ever heard of es? Kidnappers? Burglars?”

 

I shut up and scrunched my nose up in irritation as I allowed the smooth voice of Baekhyun wash over my body. Anything to do with my favourite band immediately calmed me down. Behind closed eyelids, Baekhyun was singing a lullaby in my ear while I rested my head on his lap, letting the sounds of ocean waves crashing against the shore soothe my frazzled nerves. I wished that my day dreams one day would become true. There was a comfortable silence as Kris dished ramen into two bowls and set one down in front of me.

 

“Thanks,” I said curtly, taking my share and turning my attention to Kara who was now performing a powerful rendition of their song “Pandora”.

 

“I’m sorry,” he said after a few seconds of silence. He took a seat on the floor, in front of my legs.

 

“For what?” I grumbled, chewing a mouthful of noodles moodily.

 

“Being an idiot,” he admitted sheepishly.

 

“At least you know,” I chuckled, giving a slight, affectionate kick. We ate together in yet another silence, none of us had anything to say.

 

“So….” He began as he tore his eyes away from Gyuri’s gorgeous legs as they danced onscreen. “How’s school?”

 

“You’re in my class…” I muttered, rolling my eyes. This guy was so awkward when he wanted to be. Another silence ensued as we watched Kara dance and their way through a sensual performance.

 

“Wanna watch a horror movie?” he asked, turning to me with a huge grin. I gulped and looked away, fear already pooling in my stomach. His grin grew wider. “Aw, don’t tell me the almighty Hee-hee is scared.”

 

“I was never a wimp,” I blurted, regretting it immediately. Kris’s lips stretched into that annoying grin that he gave whenever he knew I was going to lose. Almost ready to swipe his eyeballs out, I slumped back on the sofa and nodded meekly. I should’ve never let my pride get the better of me.

 

“Okay,” he cheered. “In Canada, my friends and I used to watch movies together all the time! Horror movies were especially fun even though we crapped our pants for months on end every time we had to get up to go pee in the middle of the night and we every single light on the way.”

 

I giggled and softened. He was only trying to recreate memories with me because he missed his friends.

 

He was lonely and homesick. What a little kid.

 

“Sure…” I sighed. “But I can’t promise you that I’m going to watch the whole thing calmly.”

 

“That’s the point,” he replied cheekily. “I like seeing you all riled up, it’s cute.”

 

In an instant, my heart that had been melting into goo the past few moments turned into a solid block of ice as I glowered at him. I kicked him sharply, managing to incite a low growl of pain.

 

“Shut up,” I growled, tempted to dump my bowl of noodles over his grinning face. “Let’s just watch the movie already.” 

 

 

A/N:

EVERYONE FRIEND ME XD I'm friendly.... I don't bite....

anyways, how much do i freaking love you guys? Sticking with me through these tily written chapters and all. Thank you. Really.