Chapter 1

One-Fifth of a Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minnie went into the taxi with her suitcase and a guitar case around her shoulders. She seated herself and set her things aside. "Finally, I'm here, Korea!" Minnie was excited to move in with her oppa, SiYoon, and sister-in-law, Yeon, but she was more excited when she heard that she was already an aunt. Minnie's nephew was turning five soon, according to her past conversation with Yeon. Her phone suddenly rang, "Hello? Oh oppa! I'm here already." She listened to him carefully, "umma's chingu? Where?"

CEO called Sunggyu into his office, "before your solo activities, take a few days off while we go and contact the producers to set things up."

"Ye!" Sunggyu was looking foward to seeing his mom. It's been ages. "Thank you so much!" He happily bowed before leaving.

Sunggyu immediately pack a few outfits and got to his mom's place. He rang the door bell. Ding dong. He heard someone rushing to open the door. It opened. It was his mom. "Oh, Sunggyu!" Her face fell a little, but still happy to see her son.

He entered the house, taking off his shoes. "What's with the face, umma? Not happy to see me?"

"I am!" She noticed the bag in this hand. "You're not staying with the members? Did you nagged them again?" They got to the livingroom, then into his room with silence. "Sunggyu..."

He unpacked his bag, "don't worry umma. I'm just taking a break before my solo debut."

Just then, the door bell went on again. Ding dong. "I forgot to tell you that we'll be having a guest tonight," she said as she ran to the door. "Be nice!"

Sunggyu hear his mom's voice greeting the guest and the guest's voice. A girl? He thought before leaving to greet the guest. He got closer to the end of the hallway and saw a woman smiling as she drags her suitcase in and a guitar around her shoulders. He stops, lips parted when he examined her from head to toe. (play "60 Seconds" chorus: "60 seconds to tell my story"). Sunggyu could feel a tune being played in his head along with chimes. SHIIING~

"Annyeong, I'm Minnie," his thoughts faded away. Minnie suddenly widen her eyes. "Sunggyu?! From INFINITE?!?!!" She ran, hugging him, "I'm a fan," and she let go. "I'm-I'm so sorry," she lower her head and Sunggyu's umma giggled.

"Sunggyu must've get that a lot," his umma said. "Right, Sunggyu?"

He lightly responded, "O-oh...yea."

"She's my friend's daughter," his umma went on and Minnie bowed awkwardly. "She was born and raised in the US, so be nice." He couldn't keep his eyes off of her as she set her suitcase next to the couch. "She's also Americanized."

Minnie chuckled, "halmonnim, don't forget that I'm Korean, too."

"Alright child," she walked into the kitchen. "I'll start dinner."

"I'll help," Minnie offered, but she won't let her.

After a little arguement, Minnie eventually gave up. "Sunggyu, help her bring the suitcase to the guest's room."

"But I'm going to oppa's place," Minnie explained.

"It's almost nine and dark out. I'll call him you're sleeping over," his umma began washing the veggies. "Help her, Sunggyu."

Sunggyu carried her suitcase into the guest's room, which is across from his. She followed him, "thank you," and she leaned her guitar case against the bed. "Wait..." Minnie took out a pen and a notebook.

"Of course I'll sign it," he said cockyly.

Minnie held back, "actually..." she lower her head again. "Can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter