Chapter 1

Because of Love

 

Author's Note: I recommend you to read this while listening to "Last Gift" by SHINee :)) Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sehun's POV

 

 

 

Jan 4 ,2012

                  It's been a year since I knew that she was diagnosed with an unknown disease. At first, she tried to hide it from me. But, little by  little, I saw her grow weak. Her face getting paler. Her happy and bubble personality slowly fading away. 

In the end, she told me the truth. 

 

                  I didn't handle the news that well. I was too shocked. I always cried myself to sleep. The worst part is, it was incurable.

                        As days pass by, She grew weaker. To the point that she was already bedridden. 

 

We were still teenagers.

We were supposed to enjoy our lives and have fun.

We were supposed to fall in love and be happy.

 

But, I felt sad when I realized that she wasn't going to fully experience these opportunities. 

 

                   I always visit her after school and during weekends. These days, I spend every hour, ever minute and every second of my life with her. Even though its hard, I knew that I have to accept the fact that one of these days, she's going to leave me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mar 10, 2012

       Its been 2 months. I was doing good in school. I promised her that I will study well and improve my grades as well as my behavior. I promised her these because at some point, I know that I can make her happy. In addition to this great news, I was informed that I had the potential to be this year's batch valedictorian.

                       Yet with these news, there was also something bad. Her condition's getting worse according to her doctors. They couldn't do anything to cure her anymore or do something to extend her days. She only has a few days to live. 5 days to be exact. All we could do now is just pray for a miracle. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mar 15, 2012

                  Today's a bittersweet day for me. My graduation and... her last day. I attended my graduation rights and was declared as our batch's valedictorian. After the ceremony, I immediately went to the hospital, excited to tell her the great news.

                  I sat beside her bed. I lifted and held her hand gently, as if it was a piece of thin glass. It was cold and pale. "My love, I was this year's valedictorian! Can you believe it? I used to be a lazy boy who doesn't care about school."  I tried to laugh. A laughter full of joy but, failed. "My love, today's the day. You've been a part of my life for almost 2 and half years now. You've made a great impact on me. You never failed to make me smile."  I bit my lip to hold back the tears that were attempting to fall from my eyes. "I'm sorry for the days when I hurt your feelings. Even though today's your last day and you're now about to loeave me, I will never forget our memories. I will never forget you. I hope that you're going to be happy up there."  I felt tears roll from my eyes. "I know that you're struggling yourself to be able to live another day for me. But I know you're now tired." I started to sob. "You can now rest in peace." "My love, you may now live somewhere where you're always happy and safe."

 

"Now, I'm setting you free."

 

                I saw a tear trickle down her cheek. I kissed her forehead and pecked her lips for the last time, as a sign of my goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Next is "your" POV! :)